Page 613 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 11351356360361161261361461562366371311131613 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,260 of 67658
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Y'all are special and the wonderful community created here is not just for a small selected group but for all those who participate to inform, entertain, discuss, chide, chat and hopefully support each other with our experiences.
    As far as I know, you're a founding member. Family isn't always drawn on bloodlines. Very nice words, DD.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    A sincere thank you once again.
    You're most welcome, Devildeac. It was our sad pleasure to do it as a small token of our appreciation of having you in our "community", or let me just call it our "neighborhood pub".
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Don't look now, but the John Wall recruitment thread has almost as many views as the LET with barely over 1000 posts, vs. our now over 12,000 posts. Don't these people know what's important?

John Wall Recruitment ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
    hondoheel
    Today 07:29 PM
    by houstondukie
    1,023 121,065

9F 9F 9F

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Don't these people know what's important?
    Yes. Baseless rumors.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    As far as I know, you're a founding member. Family isn't always drawn on bloodlines. Very nice words, DD.
    You're most welcome, Devildeac. It was our sad pleasure to do it as a small token of our appreciation of having you in our "community", or let me just call it our "neighborhood pub".
    You're very welcome, Devildeac. Can't say it any better than CB&B and Ozzie did. Consider it our way of letting you know that we were all there with you in spirit if we couldn't be there in body.

Don't look now, but the John Wall recruitment thread has almost as many views as the LET with barely over 1000 posts, vs. our now over 12,000 posts. Don't these people know what's important? John Wall Recruitment ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
    hondoheel
    Today 07:29 PM
    by houstondukie
    1,023 121,065
    Does it make me a bad fan if I ask John who? I admit that I don't pay much attention to recruitees until they become signees/LOIees/commit-ees or whatever you would call them when they say they are coming to Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Does it make me a bad fan if I ask John who? I admit that I don't pay much attention to recruitees until they become signees/LOIees/commit-ees or whatever you would call them when they say they are coming to Duke.
    Not unless you want to be part of the long laments about all the great recruits we missed out on because Duke is "too rich and white" for the best basketball players.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Not unless you want to be part of the long laments about all the great recruits we missed out on because Duke is "too rich and white" for the best basketball players.
    I'm poor and Asian...does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    I guess I'm a glass half full kinda gal - I'd rather think about the great players we have had and currently have that lament those we didn't get.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm poor and Asian...does that count?
    You always count!

I guess I'm a glass half full kinda gal - I'd rather think about the great players we have had and currently have that lament those we didn't get.
    Agreed. I guess that's why I don't really get too interested until a player actually signs.

I now begin my official transition from college basketball to baseball. Tonight's game doesn't count...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I now begin my official transition from college basketball to baseball. Tonight's game doesn't count...
    Tonight's game doesn't matter...

9F 9F 9F

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Go Sox!!!!

And Spartans!!!

My good friend, former roommate, and Michigan State alumna/Big fan is at the Final Four. Root the Spartans on to victory, Donna!

It's great how refusing to look at espn and the papers makes the sports world die away. It's my most effective way to cope with Duke losses...

You always count!
    DIK, check out your post count when you get to # 2009. Wonder if the DBR wizards have updated the counter so that it says "ACC Champs!" as well? I'd say that's worth a screenshot on Two Posts thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    DIK, check out your post count when you get to # 2009. Wonder if the DBR wizards have updated the counter so that it says "ACC Champs!" as well? I'd say that's worth a screenshot on Two Posts thread...
    If only I knew how to make that work. For some reason my attempts at screen shots are fruitless.

If only I knew how to make that work. For some reason my attempts at screen shots are fruitless.
    To do a screen shot and save it, hit <control> and <print screen> together. Then open a program such as paint, or even Word, and paste it (<control V>) at the cursor and save it either as a jpg or whatever type of file you want. I find that for copying the post header and number of posts, status, etc., that I can just highlight the text and copy it <control C> to the clipboard and then paste <control V> it into my post.
    Here, as an example, is this posts header info:
    OZZIE4DUKE
    All-American, Honorable Mention
    Last edited by OZZIE4DUKE; 04-06-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: added post header info after posting, using copy and paste method described

9F 9F 9F

Even less if a certain team wins it...

Oh but the games tonight do matter. You have to start the season off right . . . Ohhh you mean the basketball game. Who's playing again?