Page 368 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2683183583663673683693703784184688681368 ... LastLast
Results 7,341 to 7,360 of 67393
    just trying to make up for wasted days

and check that out i've graduated from walk on status

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    just trying to make up for wasted days

and check that out i've graduated from walk on status
    Congrats!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Wow, we did over a hundred posts today!

Did we talk about anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Wow, we did over a hundred posts today!

Did we talk about anything?
    Um, no.

What ch'all gettin' at wit yo book script? Sprit that shrit out man!

-EJ

P.S. Why's a man, got to pick up sticks against another man, instead of using those sticks, to prop a man up?
    Last edited by EarlJam; 12-17-2008 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm working on cleaning out my refrigerator. I'm starting with the astoundingly large number of bottles of white wine on the bottom shelf. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.
    Isn't it a little brisk for white wine? then again, it does give one a nice warm feeling...

DiK, I assume you're in the same snot-freezing cold that I've been in the past few days? Living on the coasts has made me soft to the below-freezing winters of the Midwest. It was -13 in Minneapolis last night, before the windchill - I thought I would get frostbite on my hands in the time it took to get my gloves on.

CathyCA - isn't cataract surgery amazing?? Both my grandmothers had it done back in the 80's, and it was a night & day difference to each of them, almost literally so.

BD, I hope your husband's back spasms settle down quickly! Rest, ice/heat, and lots of muscle relaxants!!

And to DukePA and KMSpeaks - congrats on your new statuses!!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Isn't it a little brisk for white wine? then again, it does give one a nice warm feeling...
    Pinot Grigio is perfect for when you're standing in the hot kitchen, cooking dinner. You can switch to red when the dinner's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Pinot Grigio is perfect for when you're standing in the hot kitchen, cooking dinner. You can switch to red when the dinner's ready.
    Yeah, whatever. Go covet the ruby slippers and leave the pinot grigio to me & DA.

Hmmm...is it appropriate to drink wine before 7 am in your time zone? Or should you just follow Alan Jackson's advice, "It's 5 o'clock somewhere."

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hmmm...is it appropriate to drink wine before 7 am in your time zone? Or should you just follow Alan Jackson's advice, "It's 5 o'clock somewhere."
    It depends on what you've got planned for your day.

I'm a little sleepy this morning. Have to go to a high school choral concert tonight and department holiday party tomorrow night. Though tomorrow should be a fairly early evening as the party is only two hours long.

Congrats from me too on your new statuses!!! Yay DukePA and KMSpeaks!

CathyCA - isn't cataract surgery amazing?? Both my grandmothers had it done back in the 80's, and it was a night & day difference to each of them, almost literally so.

BD, I hope your husband's back spasms settle down quickly! Rest, ice/heat, and lots of muscle relaxants!!
    I'm so amazed at how fast Mom's "recovery" time was.

And talk about a role reversal! Last night she was sitting in the den, reading without her glasses, and I was reading with my wonderful dollar store glasses.

DiK, I assume you're in the same snot-freezing cold that I've been in the past few days? Living on the coasts has made me soft to the below-freezing winters of the Midwest. It was -13 in Minneapolis last night, before the windchill - I thought I would get frostbite on my hands in the time it took to get my gloves on.
    I think the single digit temps is why no one from the board came to help me with my wine issue. I know it's not the best time for white wine - but as BostonDevil said earlier - it is good to have a goal. (paraphrased)

Sunday they are predicting 3 for a high with wind chill making it feel -25. Once again, I'm grateful that I don't have my chefs tickets - even if King Carl is gone.

It's lunch time. YUM.

I'm having a salad and a sweet tea from Bojangles.

Is it statuses or stati? Either way, congratulations from me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I'm so amazed at how fast Mom's "recovery" time was.

And talk about a role reversal! Last night she was sitting in the den, reading without her glasses, and I was reading with my wonderful dollar store glasses.
    Glad to hear your Mom is doing so well. The eye heals very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It's appropriate to drink wine anytime, hence "we will drink no wine before it's time".

Better wake up beverages are: bloody mary, screwdriver, mimosa, beer on cereal. Just don't do them all at once.