Page 3074 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 2074257429743024306430723073307430753076308431243174 ... LastLast
Results 61,461 to 61,480 of 67680
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Oh yeah, apologetic but we both know what is at stake.
    What’d you decide?

That’d piss me off, TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What’d you decide?

That’d piss me off, TBH.
    Dialing in from the road.

Glad to hear you’ll mostly preserve your time and get to see the parents!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Well. I just quit my job.
    Well, that's a surprise. It's hard to believe you can't easily find a job that is a much better fit, so you can get back to saving babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Well, that's a surprise. It's hard to believe you can't easily find a job that is a much better fit, so you can get back to saving babies.
    Had some stuff in the pipeline. Interviewing with 2 companies. 1 manager position and a BIG pay raise. Lots of buddies there, including more than a few DUMC folks.

Lots of buddies there, including more than a few DUMC folks.
    Any DUMB folks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My only advice is don't give your employer the reason to expect they can screw up your vacation on the regular.
    When it comes to work, I'm a pushover.

When it comes to work, I'm a pushover.
    Really? You strike me as someone who can likely quit and be just fine for years.

Really? You strike me as someone who can likely quit and be just fine for years.
    I wouldn’t say years but yeah, I’d be fine for a long while. Really, I’m trying to figure out the point I can just walk away for good.

I wouldn’t say years but yeah, I’d be fine for a long while. Really, I’m trying to figure out the point I can just walk away for good.
    Always the goal. It is an interesting equation. I can see it but I’m not there yet.

You definitely have to be comfortable with the idea of not working, which I am.

How you doing Clem? Seems like you’ve had a lot of big time change in your life this past year. Wishing you well.

How you doing Clem? Seems like you’ve had a lot of big time change in your life this past year. Wishing you well.
    Hey thanks man. I'm good. Mountain, Rich and I are getting together soon in Asheville.

80s Top 40 and for the moment all is okay.

Early to mid not the hair band stuff.

Hey thanks man. I'm good. Mountain, Rich and I are getting together soon in Asheville.
    Have one for me. I haven’t seen Rich since 1988 give or take, and have not had the pleasure of meeting MountainGoodYears yet. And of course I enjoyed our recent beverages together.

I'm going with the odd sounding Congratulations, CD. The next place will be lucky to have you.

Enjoy your time with your parents, YmoBeThere.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Have one for me. I haven’t seen Rich since 1988 give or take, and have not had the pleasure of meeting MountainGoodYears yet. And of course I enjoyed our recent beverages together.
    Oooohhhh, have like 11 for me!

I don't know your age or point in your career, but I've had to do this a couple of times over the years and I think it's paid off in showing that I'm loyal. And, to be honest, weighing the pros and cons of taking a few hours for an important work call during vacation vs. possibly dealing with the fallout for missing it, it's really no comparison. I've been with my company for 22 years now and I know if/when it suits them they will let me go (with a package). That's just the way corporate America is these days.

But I'm like you, unless my manager said she'd cover or it's no big deal if I miss the meeting, then I too would choose to attend rather than make a big deal about it. But I'd also make sure my manager knew that I was a team player doing the right thing by her. Frankly, anyone above her probably wouldn't care that it inconvenienced me, but she's the one who has to put in for my pay raises and promotions.

When I first started in corporate America, a good friend gave me this advice: "The only person who you should care what they think about you is your manager." I try to live by that and it's served me well over the years.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Unfortunately, I've aged a bit since then!

Clem has been my relationship and dating advisor lately and I think he should consider something in that field!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Probably mentioned this before, but I was working in grant-based research for a doctor who decided he did not want to put in for more funding. Because funding was down all over, nothing else to move over to, so I was out of work for 13 months. I refer to it on my resume as my "gap year". I interviewed for several positions that I am glad I did not get. Took a job for 11 months that was not exactly what I wanted but I learned a LOT and it was a big help in getting my current job. Which I may very well keep until I retire.

Mariachis at 9 PM!