Page 304 of 3372 FirstFirst ... 2042542943023033043053063143544048041304 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,080 of 67426

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    How about naming the dog after one of your favorite Bond characters? They tend not to be common names.
    Won't work: Blofeld, Dr. No, Jaws, Drax, Nick-nack, Goldfinger, Chiffre

Might work:
    Domino, Tilly, Auric, Largo, Elektra, Penny

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Won't work: Blofeld, Dr. No, Jaws, Drax, Nick-nack, Goldfinger, Chiffre

Might work:
    Domino, Tilly, Auric, Largo, Elektra, Penny

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I've got a book about Bond that covers every movie up to The World is Not Enough. If you want good/bad character's names, let me know.

Wilson, about the Assistant to the most esteemed DBR Head Christmas Elf - I watched the Grinch tonight. (OK - I missed the first few minutes but I have seen them another time. Amazing what a feverr will do to you. )

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Wilson, about the Assistant to the most esteemed DBR Head Christmas Elf - I watched the Grinch tonight. (OK - I missed the first few minutes but I have seen them another time. Amazing what a feverr will do to you. )
    And? What did you think? I flipped past it (TBS, right?), but opted instead for mediocre football and TNT movies, because it's just not quite time (though I can smell it...).
    You are hereby declared Associate Head Elf (hey, it worked for Johnny D...), regardless of the content of your Grinch review, which I'd really like to hear.
    For those of you who are interested, we still have an opening for Director of Yuletide Operations.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    What do I have to do to become Director of Yuletide Operations?

I know all three verses to 'Deck the Halls'. One verse starts with the line 'See the blazing yule before us'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    What do I have to do to become Director of Yuletide Operations?

I know all three verses to 'Deck the Halls'. One verse starts with the line 'See the blazing yule before us'.
    Strike the harp and join the chorus.

What other openings are available?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Follow me in merry measure.

Talking Pogo

Nora's freezing on the trolley!
    Swaller dollar cauliflower alley ga-roo!

Huhhhhhhh? I guess that is why this is the longest thread ever...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Huhhhhhhh? I guess that is why this is the longest thread ever...
    Yeah...I'm lost too.

Maybe Deck the Halls for the tone deaf?

Maybe Deck the Halls for the tone deaf?
    Every year that great southern comic strip Pogo (about an opossum) would sing this version of Deck the Halls.

Ahh...see I knew I wasn't a true Southerner. That or all the other Southerners were hiding things from me. 17 lost years.

Perhaps that is what happens when you go to the University of New Jersey - South.

Smile

Perhaps that is what happens when you go to the University of New Jersey - South.
    Pogo's creator, Walt Kelly, did the award-winning comic strip from 1948-1975. It was set in Georgia's Okefenokee Swamp. I remember the last few years of the strip.

When I say southern, the setting was in the South, but the comic strip first appeared in New York.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Haha, geographic confusion...

And? What did you think? I flipped past it (TBS, right?), but opted instead for mediocre football and TNT movies, because it's just not quite time (though I can smell it...).
    You are hereby declared Associate Head Elf (hey, it worked for Johnny D...), regardless of the content of your Grinch review, which I'd really like to hear.
    For those of you who are interested, we still have an opening for Director of Yuletide Operations.
    I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I may have to watch it again. (That may be the fever still talking.) I wasn't overly impressed but that may be because I don't think Christmas should start until after Thanksgiving. It was pretty much what I thought it would be. Who sings the song - I loved the deep bass voice.

How did they make a movie with this? Isn't the movie with Jim Carrey a full lenght feature movie?

Thanks for accepting my application. I'm already starting to work on my plans for converting to Christmas starting Friday after Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I may have to watch it again. (That may be the fever still talking.) I wasn't overly impressed but that may be because I don't think Christmas should start until after Thanksgiving. It was pretty much what I thought it would be. Who sings the song - I loved the deep bass voice.

How did they make a movie with this? Isn't the movie with Jim Carrey a full lenght feature movie?

Thanks for accepting my application. I'm already starting to work on my plans for converting to Christmas starting Friday after Thanksgiving.
    The deep-voiced narrator is Boris Karloff. Yes, that Boris Karloff. Many people mistakenly attribute the song to Karloff as well, because the singer went uncredited. The singer's name is Thurl Ravenscroft, also the voice of Tony the Tiger. Also, think of every booming bass voice you've ever heard on a ride at Disney World or Disneyland. Chances are, it's Thurl Ravenscroft.
    Personally, I think Thurl was GRRRRRRRRREAT!

Oh, and I'm glad you enjoyed the Grinch. It truly is a classic. And don't worry; it'll be on several more times between now and Christmas.
    As for the Jim Carrey version, I have decided that it doesn't exist. See it if you want, but don't say I didn't warn you.