Page 334 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2342843243323333343353363443844348341334 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,680 of 67382
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    What do you know about grits? You're from freakin' Massachusetts!
    Don't you mean mass-a-freakin-chusetts?

If you keep posting, how am I going to catch up?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Beats me.

And as I mentioned before, the absurd amount of computer time I have ahead of me in the coming weeks means you've got your work cut out for you.

And as I mentioned before, the absurd amount of computer time I have ahead of me in the coming weeks means you've got your work cut out for you.
    I need some type of a post-o-matic program (POMP) that posts every time Wilson posts.

I need some type of a post-o-matic program (POMP) that posts every time Wilson posts.
    Then, under the right circumstances, would it be . . .

POMP and circumstance?

Sweet potatoes, I've taken the lead!

That's the plan.

Sorry to interrupt.

You may resume your PW contest for now.

I think Wilson needs a hobby.

Oh, wait. He has one. It's DBR.

What about that girl you met, called and left a message?

Time for another trip to the same locale? How about the Brickstore? Sweetwater Brewery?

Jason Evans used to have one of those.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    No I'm not. I merely live here.

I was going to add another post but I don't want to give up Shelden Williams that quickly.

The Boston part of Boston Devil is to honor the Boston Red Sox, my other sports love. I thought dukeredsox was a sucky name.

Sigh. OK, credentials, I was born in Durham. I grew up in Durham. I went 5 miles from home for college. I say 'y'all' and 'fixin to' and 'INsurance'. I can name 50 NASCAR drivers in under 2 minutes. I make an awesome lemon chess pie. My grits are probably better than yours.

Usually, when someone tells me they've never had grits, I assume they're from the North. I will say that all grits are not created equal. The best are the stone-ground ones, especially if they're the ones that still have little sweet bits of corn in them. There is a fine line between perfectly thick grits and the ones that get too thick and then start to cake together and get lumpy...yuck. Any self-respecting restaurant serving grits should be able to walk that line, but sadly, plenty of them can't...it's not as easy as you might think.
    Grits are also customizable (most commonly with cheese), but good plain grits are delicious...just a little bit of butter and some salt, and you're good. There are also several dishes involving grits that are pretty heavenly. I'm mainly thinking of shrimp and grits here.
    I guess that whether or not I'm from the North is debatable. I'm from Virginia, which is technically a Southern state, but the Northern part. It is very different from the rest of the state, particularly the Southwest, where I believe grits are a breakfast table regular. Given that they've never been on my breakfast table I'm going to have to own up and say I'm a yankee. I did spend 2 and a half years in college in Tennessee and I plan on locating in the south upon graduation. Hope that counts for something

No. Just no.
    Since microwave grits are a no and my dorm room doesn't have a stove, any suggestions on where to have my first taste?

That's two, and this one make three posts in a row. I think I'm catching on to this PW thing

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    No I'm not. I merely live here.

I was going to add another post but I don't want to give up Shelden Williams that quickly.

The Boston part of Boston Devil is to honor the Boston Red Sox, my other sports love. I thought dukeredsox was a sucky name.

Sigh. OK, credentials, I was born in Durham. I grew up in Durham. I went 5 miles from home for college. I say 'y'all' and 'fixin to' and 'INsurance'. I can name 50 NASCAR drivers in under 2 minutes. I make an awesome lemon chess pie. My grits are probably better than yours.
    I'm giving up Gene Banks and Jason Williams split-milestone to say: Awesome.

Do you ever cook the steel cut oats? I bought some and then found out they take half an hour to cook. Who has that much time to cook oatmeal?
    I believe you can soak them overnight and thus speed up the cooking time. I can get the proper instructions from my niece if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Cooking quick grits doesn't take all that long and they aren't bad, really, they're not, I promise.

I used to make a grits casserole that had eggs and cheese in it. I should dig that recipe out. It was quite tasty.
    You're Shelden Williams!

Please add the recipe to the Recipe thread.

Then, under the right circumstances, would it be . . .

POMP and circumstance?
    Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I believe you can soak them overnight and thus speed up the cooking time. I can get the proper instructions from my niece if you want.
    I did a quick google and found a few different techniques.
    One such technique involves cooking stove top for a few minutes and then leaving, covered, soaking in the pot overnight (with the stove off).

Another interesting technique uses the crock pot overnight as a double boiler. That I must try!

Yo BD - go post your recipe, PLEASE!

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...&postcount=189