Page 2070 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 107015701970202020602068206920702071207220802120217025703070 ... LastLast
Results 41,381 to 41,400 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    My favorite lesser known Warren Zevon songs are "Leave My Monkey Alone", "Reconsider Me", and "The Heartache". (All are on the same album - Sentimental Hygiene.)
    #InductWarrenZevonRnRHOF

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I hear Budwom's face is on the Columbian 50 cent piece.
    He’s a man of many mysteries.

"National Weather Service meteorologist Monte Oaks" https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...g-16212397.php

I have an oak tree named Monte.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    "National Weather Service meteorologist Monte Oaks" https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...g-16212397.php

I have an oak tree named Monte.
    Named for C. Montgomery Burns?

Named for C. Montgomery Burns?
    I enjoyed The Simpson's but stopped watching in the early '90s.

Monte short for Monterrey, as in the tree itself is a Monterrey Oak, Quercus Polymorpha.

My tree naming conventions might be deemed rather uninspired or unimaginative.

I enjoyed The Simpson's but stopped watching in the early '90s.

Monte short for Monterrey, as in the tree itself is a Monterrey Oak, Quercus Polymorpha.

My tree naming conventions might be deemed rather uninspired or unimaginative.
    Have you named all of the trees in your yard?

Have you named all of the trees in your yard?
    Yes, though one is still under review. It is the most recently planted, a chinkapin or chinquapin oak.

I've also tracked/recorded their growth for 8 years. Measuring heights these day is difficult as a couple have gone from 10' tall plantings to 30'+ feet.

Yes, though one is still under review. It is the most recently planted, a chinkapin or chinquapin oak.

I've also tracked/recorded their growth for 8 years. Measuring heights these day is difficult as a couple have gone from 10' tall plantings to 30'+ feet.
    That's both interesting and cool.

I hear Budwom's face is on the Columbian 50 cent piece.
    They love me there ever since I visited in 1969 thinking I was in our nation's capital, wondering why no one spoke English.

I hear ya. I was better able to measure our pines when the wind blew down large numbers of them (150+) a few years ago (70 ft tall).
    The new hardwoods I have planted came in about 6 feet tall, and are now, just three years later, 20+feet...I gave them a good bit of watering in their youth, using the fabulous A.M. Leonard water bags...

Our landscape guy gave us three three year rule of new plantings, sleep (year one), creep (year two) and leap (year three).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    They love me there ever since I visited in 1969 thinking I was in our nation's capital, wondering why no one spoke English.
    The international Man of Mystery.

The spotted lantern fly nymphs have emerged. The telltale sticky tape around the trees is starting to go up in yards and they’re filling up with little black dots fast.

You like numbers and work with them for a living, don’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You like numbers and work with them for a living, don’t you?
    Yes indeed.

Coffee and rain and reading children’s books.

Band of Brothers is GREAT television.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Did you get the tattoo while you were there?

Did you get the tattoo while you were there?
    They all got tattoos of him.

Didn't humanity figure that one out millennia ago? Shadows and a shorter comparison measure?

I'm sure DevilHorse could explain it in the Astronomy thread.

-jk

They all got tattoos of him.
    Branding and tattoos are different things. Or are you using it euphemistically?