Page 945 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 445845895935943944945946947955995104514451945 ... LastLast
Results 18,881 to 18,900 of 67370
    Speaking of fireworks, I wish it would just stop forever. We have 3 mini schnauzers (2 of them are foster "failures" that we adopted).

The fireworks scares the little sweethearts so bad that they tremble. I end up spending New Year's Eve and July 4th by laying on the floor cuddling with them in an effort to calm them down.

And what my puppies are going through pales in comparison with what our veterans with PTSD might go through.

Ok. Rant over.

Happy New Year!!!!

I know fireworks are bad but there are few laughs better than watching my son and husband light them and run away cursing and ducking in the dark.

Small farm, far away from others, no animals were endangered, I promise.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Our dog also doesn't like fireworks - or thunder.

Or my cousin's potato/apple cannon - with which he almost took out his brother's RC plane. Quite the reenactment, the plane only saved by a really long reload time...

The fireworks started about 10 last night, and kept up (albeit off-and-on) through 12:30ish. She was not happy.

-jk

I suddenly have the feeling that I am going to spend more time on the OT board, and less on the main one, for about four and a half weeks give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I suddenly have the feeling that I am going to spend more time on the OT board, and less on the main one, for about four and a half weeks give or take.
    OH, oh. devildeac better watch out, then. This thread is only around 450 posts behind him, now.

ricks

Could use your help some more over here then:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...?3840-Ymm-Beer

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

The LTE is a zero calorie beverage. So, depending upon your New Year's resolutions.

Holy samoleans, there is a wicked gastrovirus sweeping around the DCMDVA. Many relatives were felled over Christmas and now husband-of-weezie cancelled his office hours to spend the day imitating a lump of sweat-clothing in the guest bedroom. He's barely moved. I've been sporting gloves and a face mask while wiping the door knobs and cabinet pulls with clorox spray.
    I did check on him, sort of from the door, kinda, and ran some ginger ale to his bedside. It looks like 24 hours of sheer hell.

I'm a regular Florence Nightingale, I am.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

One of my kid's best friend's family was so felled a couple days ago!

He got back to school in MoCo healthy today.

Vive le Clorox!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Holy samoleans, there is a wicked gastrovirus sweeping around the DCMDVA. Many relatives were felled over Christmas and now husband-of-weezie cancelled his office hours to spend the day imitating a lump of sweat-clothing in the guest bedroom. He's barely moved. I've been sporting gloves and a face mask while wiping the door knobs and cabinet pulls with clorox spray.
    I did check on him, sort of from the door, kinda, and ran some ginger ale to his bedside. It looks like 24 hours of sheer hell.

I'm a regular Florence Nightingale, I am.
    Is there an irregular Florence Nightengale? Asking, you know, for a friend.

I guess these are all to avoid using NOVA?

Well, I got nuthin'... Kind of glum here outside and in.

Winter blahs here

Snow is nice as long as you don't have to go outside.

Cold here this morning. It was 71° at 6:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I think I hate you. It was 9F here this morning. And not the fun, chant at a game (or any other time), 9F.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Looks/sounds like you need a more southern climate.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I think I hate you. It was 9F here this morning. And not the fun, chant at a game (or any other time), 9F.
    As I posted in the This Week in the ACC thread, that's the low temperature the Weather Channel is forecasting for Raleigh on Sunday night. A bit cold for others, but, then again, I'm a forever 9F sort of fellow.

Nephew Alex is on his way to Tampa. Go Tigers!

DJIA partied like it was 19,999 today.