Page 574 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 7447452456457257357457557658462467410741574 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,480 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I have a new laptop as well. I bought a Toshiba Satellite with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor (2.26 GHz) with 3 GB of RAM and a 300 GB hard drive. I got a great deal at Circuit City. Mine's gray, though. Dark Blue would be better. OS is Vista. I was quite nervous after all the bad stuff I've heard, but I haven't had any problems at all. I, too, can now chat from the comfort of the recliner in my living room.
    Nice, you went full-scale. I was definitely trying to minimize the platform I was using as my computing needs away from my desktop are minor.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Nice, you went full-scale. I was definitely trying to minimize the platform I was using as my computing needs away from my desktop are minor.
    Not so for me. I occasionally use the laptop to work from home, which means that I simultaneously use several memory-demanding programs. As an added bonus, it's extremely fast when doing stuff like posting on LTE. Darn 60 sec rule.

My gripe for the day...

I pay to park in the garage below the building, and the space is a bit tight. Last weekend a person with a space near mine bought a new car, and he's parking both of his cars in his one-car space, one behind the other. This means that he's parked in the throughway, directly behind my space. I have to back out and around a corner, and he added to the degree of difficulty. He asked if it was a problem, I told him it was, and then he basically told me tough luck! I have complained to the management and they've done nothing. The second car is still there. I'm complaining to manangement again this morning, and I'm thinking about leaving a note on Arrogant Guy's car. What should I do if my complaints continue to be ignored? I'm thinking of complaining to corporate. Other ideas?

As an aside, this guy's not the only person with one space and two cars. Most people have to park their 2nd car in the lot outside. Apparently he thinks he's too good for this option. Good thing other residents in his situation don't think the same.

Counting down the days until I move out...

At the risk of getting this thread moved to the PPB, I'm really sorry that I'm getting my mortgage through Bank of America. Aside from the fact that they may go under, it's hard as heck to talk to someone about your mortgage. I thought I'd have someone local working on my loan, but they all get sent to a central processing center in FL. They gave me a name without an extension number, so I have to go through the voice prompt circle (their prompts aren't logical) to get put on hold.
    I wonder what would happen if you stopped making payments. I'd bet you get to talk to somebody then.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I wonder what would happen if you stopped making payments. I'd bet you get to talk to somebody then.
    Or at least dock them a portion of the fee...
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 03-07-2009 at 09:09 AM.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Hmmm, I think I've lost a few posts too, but not many, under 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hmmm, I think I've lost a few posts too, but not many, under 5.
    Apparently you have more discriminating tastes than many of the rest of us...

Here's a question about tax prep fees: do this year's fees get deducted this year or next year? It's difficult to tell from the instructions. I always thought it was for the current year, but it's hard to know what e-file fees are going to be before you file.
    They are deducted in the year paid. So the fees paid this year for preparing your 2008 tax returns are deducted on your 2009 tax return.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Don't get too excited. It is a miscellaneous deduction subject to the 2% floor. Only the portion of miscellaneous deductions (tax prep fees, investment fees, employee business expenses, etc.) that are over 2% of your adjusted gross income (last number on page 1 of Form 1040) actually end up being deductible.
    OMG! You sound like my accountant. Just reading your post makes my head spin. Thank God for accountants at tax time! You guys ROCK!

I pay to park in the garage below the building, and the space is a bit tight. Last weekend a person with a space near mine bought a new car, and he's parking both of his cars in his one-car space, one behind the other. This means that he's parked in the throughway, directly behind my space. I have to back out and around a corner, and he added to the degree of difficulty. He asked if it was a problem, I told him it was, and then he basically told me tough luck! I have complained to the management and they've done nothing. The second car is still there. I'm complaining to manangement again this morning, and I'm thinking about leaving a note on Arrogant Guy's car. What should I do if my complaints continue to be ignored? I'm thinking of complaining to corporate. Other ideas?
    Well, first thing I'd do is sick the shinkickers on him Failing that, and assuming you don't want to beat the cr*p out of him (or won't, even though you'd like to), I'd back my car up so it was both totally blocking the drive so nobody can pass (reasoning - if he's entitled to half the width of the garage, so are you, and if enough people complain then BOTH of you will have to stay within the newly defined depth limit) plus he'd be blocked in on both of his cars.

But you really should go the shinkickers route first!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

A 9 X 9F day

Time to head to the golf course! Here's to a 9 X 9F day, both in the temps and on the scorecard!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

As an aside, this guy's not the only person with one space and two cars. Most people have to park their 2nd car in the lot outside. Apparently he thinks he's too good for this option. Good thing other residents in his situation don't think the same.

Counting down the days until I move out...
    Roofing nails come to mind.

My kid stepped on a roofing nail on Thursday afternoon. It went all the way through his shoe and in to the sole of his foot. He had to get a tetanus shot.

Calling all shin kickers...

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Well, first thing I'd do is sick the shinkickers on him Failing that, and assuming you don't want to beat the cr*p out of him (or won't, even though you'd like to), I'd back my car up so it was both totally blocking the drive so nobody can pass (reasoning - if he's entitled to half the width of the garage, so are you, and if enough people complain then BOTH of you will have to stay within the newly defined depth limit) plus he'd be blocked in on both of his cars.

Shin kickers! What a great idea! I hadn't thought of that one! Can I sic them on the apartment management, too? They turned off the hot water to the washing machines and shortened the time on the dryers!

Considering the nail method, the car in back would be no relief for either party. The one in front may block you, but it offers the advantage of watching him have to change it, if only to get the one in back, out of the space.

Shin kickers! What a great idea! I hadn't thought of that one! Can I sic them on the apartment management, too? They turned off the hot water to the washing machines and shortened the time on the dryers!
    I'm in! I'll come kick the shins of the dude, and management.

Shin kickers UNITE!

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post

I'm there for you, ArkieDukie. I can kick shins with the best of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I'm in! I'll come kick the shins of the dude, and management.

Shin kickers UNITE!
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm there for you, ArkieDukie. I can kick shins with the best of them.
    Thanks, Tilly and DiK! So far so good. I went to the office and complained; the person I spoke with said, "I'll call him how and let him know that if he wants to park 2 cars he can get an additional space." She was picking up the phone as I left. Both cars are gone now, which means he's out and about. The real test will be tonight/tomorrow morning. If he felt the shin kicks, he won't park in the way any more!

Thanks, Tilly and DiK! So far so good. I went to the office and complained; the person I spoke with said, "I'll call him how and let him know that if he wants to park 2 cars he can get an additional space." She was picking up the phone as I left. Both cars are gone now, which means he's out and about. The real test will be tonight/tomorrow morning. If he felt the shin kicks, he won't park in the way any more!
    "Both cars are gone now, which means he is out and about" begs the question - is he driving both cars at the same time?

The shin kicking offer still stands.

My public service announcement for the day: Don't forget to set your clocks ahead when you go to be tonight. We go on daylight savings time tomorrow - Spring Forward.

And if that doesn't work...

ssssst...

The sound of one tire being deflated...

legally...

without doing any property damage (nails) or assault and battery (see, shin-kicking)