Page 2886 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1886238627862836287628842885288628872888289629362986 ... LastLast
Results 57,701 to 57,720 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    It certainly doesn't have a youthful vibe to it, at any location I've been to.
    Kind of like the Bob Evans I stepped in to in Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    South Dakota? The only Perkins I have ever seen was in Spearfish, SD. But I’m sure I’ve missed a lot.
    We have them in NC. Not in Durham, though. And I think I have seen them in SC and GA.

How many degrees from Bacon though?
    Funny enough, one of my best friends from my time at Duke is responsible for The Oracle of Bacon.

I am very much enjoying something that is happening in the world of that which must not be spoken (of) this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I am very much enjoying something that is happening in the world of that which must not be spoken (of) this evening.
    Watching a train wreck is always enjoyable as long as you are not a passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Or the person that thought they were the conductor. It really is grand theater at times.

Welcome to Parliamentary government. Having fun yet?

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    We are all passengers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post

We are all passengers though.
    Don't overthink the analogy.

Hah. I made THAT analogy to my new manager about a project I thought was just about to get across the finish line before she jumped in at the final minute for yet another round of very weedy word smithing...

Not sure how she felt about it but that was how I felt about it.

Or the person that thought they were the conductor. It really is grand theater at times.
    Clip making the rounds on Twitter of a reasonably collegial convo between Matt Gaetz and AOC. No report of the exact exchange but “Matt, I’m too old for you!” is trending.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Clip making the rounds on Twitter of a reasonably collegial convo between Matt Gaetz and AOC. No report of the exact exchange but “Matt, I’m too old for you!” is trending.
    Reports are that the Rs against McCarthy were asking if Ds planned to leave or vote present to lower the voting threshold and help McCarthy, and AOC replied that it wasn’t the current plan.

They would make a cute couple though.

Reports are that the Rs against McCarthy were asking if Ds planned to leave or vote present to lower the voting threshold and help McCarthy, and AOC replied that it wasn’t the current plan.

They would make a cute couple though.
    Strategically you would think the Democrats would consider it. The 20 Republican hold outs are so firmly entrenched against McCarthy by all reports that McCarthy would have to engage Democrats to get anything passed.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Strategically you would think the Democrats would consider it. The 20 Republican hold outs are so firmly entrenched against McCarthy by all reports that McCarthy would have to engage Democrats to get anything passed.
    The problem is that anything the Dems would want in exchange, it is questionable if he could deliver.

Sigh, back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    The problem is that anything the Dems would want in exchange, it is questionable if he could deliver.
    or "would" deliver...no way to hold him to his word.

hope this doesn't violate the rules, but for those who may approach this from the D perspective, check out the Carl Hulse analysis on the front page of the Times, just below the large photo:"the fight for speaker revealed..."

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Exactly. In this age of absolute polarity perhaps the best thing the Dems can hope for is to "work" with a speaker who is utterly ineffectual. I think the Dems would rather see McCarthy than someone like Scalise or Jordan who may be better at capturing support from the ultra conservatives in the party.

Where is Clem with a good fart joke?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sigh, back to work.
    Feels like I’ve been shot out of a darn cannon

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Where is Clem with a good fart joke?
    Flatulence awareness is actually a personal cause of mine.

I even fired from my job for handing out flyers on flatulence awareness at a staff meeting.

Unfortunately, I let one rip.