Page 956 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4568569069469549559569579589661006105614561956 ... LastLast
Results 19,101 to 19,120 of 67394
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hmmm, debating more replies.
    Too much activity on the boards? Trying to stamp out rampant posting?

(I kid because I love, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Too much activity on the boards? Trying to stamp out rampant posting?

(I kid because I love, of course)
    Just flaunting my skills as the threadkiller?

There's always my old fav, what's for dinner?

But first, it's cold and there are about sixteen tons of sticks and tree limbs to drag to the burn pile. "I get allergic smelling hay!!! I just adore a penthouse view"
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

A belated Happy Birthday/Anniversary(kinda)

So, it went by without much fanfare, but we just passed the 10 year mark on this version of the boards a short while ago( 2-25-2007).

So, congrats DBR and thanks for providing these forums.

I only just realized as I tried to look up any commentary on the 2007 movie Into the Wild. I'll save that for other posts.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    There's always my old fav, what's for dinner?

But first, it's cold and there are about sixteen tons of sticks and tree limbs to drag to the burn pile. "I get allergic smelling hay!!! I just adore a penthouse view"
    I need to mow my lawn...

I need to mow my lawn...
    Just make sure you yell at the kids to get off it first.

The sun rose this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    The sun rose this morning
    Overcast and cloudy here, no sun sightings yet today.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Just make sure you yell at the kids to get off it first.
    Will do, I have to rebuild the carburetor on my lawn mower first.

Will do, I have to rebuild the carburetor on my lawn mower first.
    Jinx! Was just discussing this very item with the husband. 20 year old Honda pushmower, metal housing-whatever (not plastic so therefore a veritable treasure, so I'm told) well the damned thing always leaked gas. So, being the chief weezie in charge, I took it to a repair shop and himself declared it was never the same. So, there it sits sinking into the detritus of the garage. All it needs is a new carburetor, says he. 20 years it hasn't moved. Told him it might make a sweet headstone one day.

Fascinating, no?

Yes, NOT.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Jinx! Was just discussing this very item with the husband. 20 year old Honda pushmower, metal housing-whatever (not plastic so therefore a veritable treasure, so I'm told) well the damned thing always leaked gas. So, being the chief weezie in charge, I took it to a repair shop and himself declared it was never the same. So, there it sits sinking into the detritus of the garage. All it needs is a new carburetor, says he. 20 years it hasn't moved. Told him it might make a sweet headstone one day.

Fascinating, no?

Yes, NOT.
    Those carbs can be had for under $20. The one for my John Deere Briggs and Stratton engine was $35. Rebuild parts were $15.

Those carbs can be had for under $20. The one for my John Deere Briggs and Stratton engine was $35. Rebuild parts were $15.
    Thanks! That will make a perfect wedding anniversary gift.

I'll bet you cash money that it never starts again, even with the new part. He's adorable he is.

I've been avoiding carbs lately. Big help in my weight loss.

I need to mow my lawn...
    Words of wisdom from my dad:

"Any job worth doing is worth paying someone else to do it."

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I've been avoiding carbs lately. Big help in my weight loss.
    Ok, you...I'm really happy for you but if I see a picture of OPK standing inside one leg of his giant old fat pants I'm grabbing a wiffle ball bat...

Ok, you...I'm really happy for you but if I see a picture of OPK standing inside one leg of his giant old fat pants I'm grabbing a wiffle ball bat...
    Before:

IMG_0291.JPG

After:

IMG_0292.jpg

^^^^ I'm taking a few warmup swings in the back yard. Pretty funny OPK!

"Down, down in the basement, we hear the sound of machines..."

But, to more serious matters, hey DinK, are you ok out there in Tornado-land? Saw some bad reports!

^^^^ I'm taking a few warmup swings in the back yard. Pretty funny OPK!

"Down, down in the basement, we hear the sound of machines..."

But, to more serious matters, hey DinK, are you ok out there in Tornado-land? Saw some bad reports!
    I'm fine but some of the damage wasn't too far away. I managed to leave work just in time - I could feel the temperature drop as I walked across the parking lot and it started to rain as I got in my car. The downpour started before I was able to drive 50 feet. Interesting evening.

Thanks for asking.

I am in the nicest, cleanest, quietest, calmest laundromat I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I am in the nicest, cleanest, quietest, calmest laundromat I have ever seen.
    Is the beer laundromat on your side of town still open?