Page 1286 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2867861186123612761284128512861287128812961336138617862286 ... LastLast
Results 25,701 to 25,720 of 67389
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    ...(He'll see Duke, Wake, and Davidson in April.)

-jk
    Mid to late, right? I'm hoping we're all busy at the beginning of the month.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Vandy is high on my son's list.

He's not sure he wants the Nashville winters, though. Emory and Tulane have a leg up by that metric. (He'll see Duke, Wake, and Davidson in April.)

-jk
    Besides the 4 years in undergrad, I've lived in Charlotte(5 years), Greensboro (4) and Nashville(4). So, 17 years within an hour of I-40. By recollection and not shockingly, winters were the same.

I also lived in Augusta, GA for a winter. Which causes me to ask, is there much difference between Atlanta and Charlotte winter wise?

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Headed to San Diego at the end of March. Any recommendations from the great DBR minds?
    Don't take wooden nickels?

It's been a decade since I was in San Diego. Used to make the rounds to field sales force offices starting up in Napa Valley and working my way down the state over a week.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Mid to late, right? I'm hoping we're all busy at the beginning of the month.
    The NC schools are at the end of the week before Easter - his spring break. He just happens to be visiting UGa and Berry earlier that week.

-jk

Vandy is high on my son's list.

He's not sure he wants the Nashville winters, though. Emory and Tulane have a leg up by that metric. (He'll see Duke, Wake, and Davidson in April.)

-jk
    Nashville is a fun town, lots of good music and up and coming music talent. Seen some great acts there.

I was stationed at Fort Gordon from ‘93 - ‘94. Moved away the week of the Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I was stationed at Fort Gordon from ‘93 - ‘94. Moved away the week of the Masters.
    Ft. Gordon has grown incredibly since then. It is now the home of The Army Cyber Command, the Army Cyber Schools, and also a large NSA facility that brings lots of linguists to the area. The surrounding counties have really grown around the base.

And, thank you for your service!

Here's some fun!

Need to get a new office fridge purchased! Woooohoooo!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Here's some fun!

Need to get a new office fridge purchased! Woooohoooo!
    You need one with the following feature: if anyone brings leftover fish from home to heat up in the microwave for lunch, it auto-disposes of it immediately.

Or anyone that brings in Ham Yu. That stuff stinks...

I'm so afraid of what that might be that I'm not even going to Google it.
    And don't feel like you have to explain it either

Don't worry, I got you. Ham Yu is the little dude in red.

If you could only grow half a beard would you?

My father used to make it when I was kid. He kept it in the freezer. It was awful.

I took yesterday off, I needed the break.

Potent potables for $400, Alex.

I had been watching all the reruns of a show I watched two decades ago. But now in the 5th season, I've run out of steam. Other than the hyper cute Larisa Oleynik, the show has gotten old.

Yesterday was a great day at work, but I'm exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    If you could only grow half a beard would you?
    Which half?

It matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Which half?

It matters.
    I would grow half a beard and when folks asked about it, I would reach down to the non-bearded part and yell “Damn! Where the Hell did I misplace it THIS time!” and scurry away while mock-searching for it frantically.