Page 373 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 2733233633713723733743753834234738731373 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,460 of 67370

Talking Good morning everyone!

Rise and shine!!

It's a brand new day!!

I feel like using a lot of exclamations today!!

Cheers!!
    Lavabe!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Well folks, I'm on may to Charlotte through Chicago O'Hare. Wish me luck! I'll be online every now and then, but the times I'm not, I'll miss y'all. Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Channukah, Holidays and all that good stuff.
    Safe travels, 2535!

Smile Australian Shepherd Football

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Rise and shine!!

It's a brand new day!!

I feel like using a lot of exclamations today!!

Cheers!!
    Lavabe!!
    Can you tell that I have a slightly active puppy?

Smile Interesting piece

If you get Chronicle of Higher Education (subscription), you might want to check the piece today entitled "Go Duke Blue Devils!?!"

If you get Chronicle of Higher Education (subscription), you might want to check the piece today entitled "Go Duke Blue Devils!?!"
    Um, for those of us who aren't in higher education, could you summarize?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    That's where the Izod Center (fka Continental Arena and before that The Meadowlands) is!
    Some of us still think of the older Brendan Byrne Arena.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Um, for those of us who aren't in higher education, could you summarize?
    Former Duke instructor expresses his regards for the WBB student athletes, especially those whom he had in class and who are still on the team. Props to Chante Black and Alana Beard.

Former Duke instructor expresses his regards for the WBB student athletes, especially those whom he had in class and who are still on the team. Props to Chante Black and Alana Beard.
    I found the article here, and I'm not even a subscriber.

It's a good article--he was most complimentary of his students.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post

Ozzie - Glad you made to NC from FL safely. Hope you make it to DC - NJ - DC - NC safely too.
    On the road again! Well, in about 10 minutes or so. Thanks Tillie and all for the safe travel wishes. Now, start working on good vibes for our Blue Devils beating Xavier tomorrow! Go Duke!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Smile

On the road again! Well, in about 10 minutes or so. Thanks Tillie and all for the safe travel wishes. Now, start working on good vibes for our Blue Devils beating Xavier tomorrow! Go Duke!
    Sending native New Jersey DBR waves to the Blue Devils as they invade Bergen County.

Sending native New Jersey DBR waves to the Blue Devils as they invade Bergen County.
    Is it in Bergen County?

Crap. Everything about this day reminds me of my ex-husband.

Sending vibes to the MBB to beat Xavier.

Adding my safe travel wishes and good vibes for a win over Xavier. My parents and nephew are joining Ozzie at the game. Wish I could be there, but I just can't get away from work. Dang it to hell.

I spoke with my nephew last night (11 years old) and he wasn't sure he would be able to sleep last night because he's so psyched for the game and his first NY trip.
    GO DUKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Safe travels, Ozzie!

I'm also hoping the travel gods shine on Mr. DA -- he's braved 7" of snow+ice in Seattle this morning (which is 3x more than i've ever seen in my 5 years out there), to travel through Denver to Omaha today, where he's being greeted with a 60 mile drive through freezing rain/sleet (he's on the road right now,) to find me and spend the long weekend with my family.

He must love me, to go through all of that crud just to sit around and drink coffee with his in-laws.

I hope Mr. DA arrived safely.

We actually had a warm spell - after some freezing drizzle, the temperatures got up to the 50s overnight promoting some snow melt. The temps are now schedule to drop over the weekend with a predicted high of 7 on Sunday and beastly cold wind chills. As good a reason as any to stay inside, watch the chefs snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again, and bake my Christmas cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    He's not weird. I like Rita, too. I think my Sister Sue needs her - we decided she should collect cows and started giving them to her.
    I'll just end up sending them to my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I hope Mr. DA arrived safely.

We actually had a warm spell - after some freezing drizzle, the temperatures got up to the 50s overnight promoting some snow melt. The temps are now schedule to drop over the weekend with a predicted high of 7 on Sunday and beastly cold wind chills. As good a reason as any to stay inside, watch the chefs snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again, and bake my Christmas cookies.
    He did make it, with no major travel issues - I probably worried too much, but what else could I do but worry?

Send some of that warm air a couple hours north, please! You can keep the arctic cold, tho....

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    The movie? I liked it but it's been a while.
    Oh yeah, Shamm asked me the same thing once a while back - how come I wasn't "Turk 182"?

I still have to plead ignorance, I never saw the movie...

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Well folks, I'm on may to Charlotte through Chicago O'Hare. Wish me luck! I'll be online every now and then, but the times I'm not, I'll miss y'all. Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Channukah, Holidays and all that good stuff.
    Enjoy O'Hare for a few hours/days.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Not everyone who posts on the EK board is an expert at Duke Basketball. You should feel free to post away over there. I say go for it!
    You have to *not* be an expert at anything to post on Off Topic...

My only beef with some of the EK posters is that, like it or not, Duke teams every once in a while will actually LOSE A GAME. Some people over there get upset if every game isn't a 20-point slaughter, or if the opponents actually play well.

That's where the Izod Center (fka Continental Arena and before that The Meadowlands) is! And that's where our game is. So yes, on purpose.
    I was hoping to go to the Cameronlands for the Xavier game, but alas, unable to make it. Safe travels and go Duke!!