Page 353 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 2533033433513523533543553634034538531353 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,060 of 67371
    Ymm, pretend baking! I wish real cookies only had pretend calories...

Speaking of crazy weather, it's supposed to snow here in Seattle tomorrow. Can you say madness on the roads?

Of course, snow down here means loads of snow on the ski slopes (predicting 1-3 feet, which they need desparately, to get a base going) so that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    At least our weather is entertaining here. They are predicting a high of 61 on Sunday followed by a high of 16 on Monday.
    Maybe the weather person is dyslexic? Or maybe my watch is broken.

Question Question

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Am anxious to see if our puppy Georgia can detect massive changes in barometric pressure!

Can dogs really detect upcoming massive changes in the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Am anxious to see if our puppy Georgia can detect massive changes in barometric pressure!

Yes.

Not this guy - he is truly a weather geek and pretty accurate. The Weather Channel is predicting 53 on Sunday and 22 on Monday. It appears that our high will be at midnight on Sunday and drop all day - predicted low of 11 overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

Speaking of crazy weather, it's supposed to snow here in Seattle tomorrow. Can you say madness on the roads?

Of course, snow down here means loads of snow on the ski slopes (predicting 1-3 feet, which they need desparately, to get a base going) so that's a good thing.
    Tuesday was the perfect snow. I didn't shovel Tuesday night and by the time I got home on Wednesday, the driveway and front walk were clear and dry. I love a south facing blacktop driveway in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    There are those that would accuse me of pretend cooking. Little do they know.

"Do not watch this movie"

Just wanted to throw out that I'm not going to look at JasonEvans' thread, "do not watch this movie." Why, because Jason wrote not to watch the movie. I tend to follow the advise of people I trust.

[/partially sarcastic post]

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    One time, in Boston, in relatively recent memory it was in the 20s on the way to work in the morning and in the 70s on the way home.

I've heard the expression "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute." In Boston, it's true.
    One Christmas I flew to Kansas City to stay with my brother and his family. I left San Diego in the 70's, stepped out of the airport to something like -10. It crippled me.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

Some people can too, it's called atmospheric pressure sensitive joints. It can hurt like hell. Like right now, there's a front moving into Boston.

I spent a semester of college in France. When I came home that December, I left France with almost a foot of snow on the ground and I was dressed in wool, tights, and a heavy coat. I flew into Atlanta where everyone was in shorts and t-shirts. I couldn't get layers off fast enough.

I was having lunch with a few of the 20-somethings at work the other day. They were discussing what was their favorite album of the '90s. Yes, their middle school and high school years, but still that was the topic of conversation.

I got fairly analytical about my answer. I thought, what songs from the '90s do I never turn away from when they come on the car radio? Are there more than one from the same album? The answer is yes.

Bostondevil's favorite pop album of the '90s - What's the Story, Morning Glory?, Oasis.
    Dang, I wish I was there - I enjoy those kinds of conversations with the young'uns and am curious about what was the most often cited.

Here's five that I think of as "90's music" and that I'll enjoy on the radio (or play my ownself...)

Cranberries - "Everybody's Doing It etc"
    Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Let's Face It"
    Beck - "Odelay"
    Nirvana - "In Utero"
    Dave Matthews - "Crash"

Of course, U2 and REM put out good records in the 90's but they don't count...

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    One Christmas I flew to Kansas City to stay with my brother and his family. I left San Diego in the 70's, stepped out of the airport to something like -10. It crippled me.
    Many moons ago, we the family gathered in Florida for Christmas. Some of us flew in from Seoul, where it was cold. We had winter coats and then beach attire. I left FL for Kansas City, where the temperature was well below 0, with windchills of -50 the night before I flew out of KC (-15 on the way to the airport). I then went to Houston where it was in the 30's. Everyone else was running around in fur coats and I was in short sleeve shirts. It's amazing what an 80 degree temperature shift will do.

One of Duke's rites of passage always tickled me: all the yankee kids coming down to Durham and wearing shorts and tees all winter (ok, maybe a pullover), while the deep south kids are complaining of frostbite during the Annual Snow in January. It's all relative...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Dang, I wish I was there - I enjoy those kinds of conversations with the young'uns and am curious about what was the most often cited.

Here's five that I think of as "90's music" and that I'll enjoy on the radio (or play my ownself...)

Cranberries - "Everybody's Doing It etc"
    Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Let's Face It"
    Beck - "Odelay"
    Nirvana - "In Utero"
    Dave Matthews - "Crash"

Of course, U2 and REM put out good records in the 90's but they don't count...
    The Cranberries, Everybody Else is Doing It, Why Can't We? is my second favorite album of the '90s.

I'm a little embarrassed to tell you what one of the 20 somethings had as their favorite - Hootie and the Blowfish. I think that might be embarrassing, is it?

Red face

I'm a little embarrassed to tell you what one of the 20 somethings had as their favorite - Hootie and the Blowfish. I think that might be embarrassing, is it?
    If it was Fairweather Johnson, well then, YES it is!

I just noticed that I'm getting perilously close to post 1000. What's the protocol for such a milestone post and how does one celebrate?

I just noticed that I'm getting perilously close to post 1000. What's the protocol for such a milestone post and how does one celebrate?
    Some people carefully plan the contents of their milestone posts. (Some of us forgot to do that.) Expect congratulations on your millenial post when it happens.

Of course, the congratulatory posts are sincere but also a shameless way to PW and get our own counts up.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Some people carefully plan the contents of their milestone posts. (Some of us forgot to do that.) Expect congratulations on your millenial post when it happens.
    For my M post, I put it in a James Bond thread. Completely missed my MM post, in fact severely limited my posting after MM as 2001 was NCAA Champs and I did not want to blow by it.