Page 1506 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 50610061406145614961504150515061507150815161556160620062506 ... LastLast
Results 30,101 to 30,120 of 67370
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Event 14 - Team Aquathon

I haven’t played with marbles since we moved back to the US from Germany in the early 80s. I may have lost a few...

I have an Oceanics t-shirt now. I bought Paddies one for the O'rangers.

Part of me really wants to be retired.

One...flew over the cuckoos nest....the other...

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I don’t mean to direct this toward you, and are not calling you out in anyway.

I don’t want to be retired, but in the last year, Prostate Cancer radiation and major back surgery is trying to tell me that I might have to retire. I’m really fighting it because I have always enjoyed my career, and also enjoy yard work and house maintenance, both for myself and family/friends. Sitting around doing hardly anything but recovering from the back surgery is not what I had planned, and is not enjoyable, as I’ve always been active. My surgeon is not optimistic about my full recovery and ever being able to do all the things I used to take for granted. Turns out that I might not be invincible. 😡

Not looking for sympathy. Just saying that everyone should be grateful and enjoy being able to work and play while they can.

What? What did the other do!?! Don't leave me hangin'!

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I don’t mean to direct this toward you, and are not calling you out in anyway.

I don’t want to be retired, but in the last year, Prostate Cancer radiation and major back surgery is trying to tell me that I might have to retire. I’m really fighting it because I have always enjoyed my career, and also enjoy yard work and house maintenance, both for myself and family/friends. Sitting around doing hardly anything but recovering from the back surgery is not what I had planned, and is not enjoyable, as I’ve always been active. My surgeon is not optimistic about my full recovery and ever being able to do all the things I used to take for granted. Turns out that I might not be invincible. 😡

Not looking for sympathy. Just saying that everyone should be grateful and enjoy being able to work and play while they can.
    Prayers for strength and healing so you can prove the doctors wrong.

Being able to pick when you slow down instead of your body telling you to slow down is a blessing. I'm sorry you might be forced into slowing down more than you want.

Part of why I want to be retired is there are other things I would like to do without having to take time off work - yard work at church on Wednesday mornings, join my retired sisters on walks during the day, volunteer to rock babies, find a way to help instill a love of reading with young people, actually get some projects done around my house. However, I do still enjoy my co-workers, clients, and most of what I do at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    What? What did the other do!?! Don't leave me hangin'!
    Did he/she/it fly back again?

Alas, The Quarantine Adventures of T-Bone and Dad have stalled. The mail in covid test results were not posted by the company in time for my son to move into his dorm today. Uncertainty ensues. Trying to figure out what to do next.

Alas, The Quarantine Adventures of T-Bone and Dad have stalled. The mail in covid test results were not posted by the company in time for my son to move into his dorm today. Uncertainty ensues. Trying to figure out what to do next.
    Ugh. Not good. Will they be posted by tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Ugh. Not good. Will they be posted by tomorrow?
    Yeah - not good. Also - no idea when the results will be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Me too!

Doesn't "retired" just mean that you are tired again?

If so, I'm already there!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Lol. I resisted using that term for a very long time. I am now 100% on board with it.

(New title) The Move-In Saga of T-Bone and Dad: T-Bone gets a case manager. Goal - negative test results posted soon and a new move in appointment on Saturday afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Lol. I resisted using that term for a very long time. I am now 100% on board with it.
    Sister Anne calls it re-wired instead of retired. Although Covid has cut into it, she has found many ways to volunteer. She always thought she would become a master gardener but became a master food volunteer instead. She really enjoys the Books and Bites program - ready and health snack preparation with pre-schoolers.

(New title) The Move-In Saga of T-Bone and Dad: T-Bone gets a case manager. Goal - negative test results posted soon and a new move in appointment on Saturday afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed!
    Good news and best of luck with the move in!

My wife is officially gallbladder-free.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    My wife is officially gallbladder-free.
    What kind of meds does one have to take when one is gallbladder-free? (I have not yet done any research on gallbladder disease/treatment.)