Page 1 of 3363 12311511015011001 ... LastLast
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

The longest thread ever

I say we go for it.

Earlier today I posted that I felt like startin' somethin' and this is the idea I've now come up with.

C'mon folks, who's with me?

Random thought of the day for me: I really miss those chocolate Pop Tarts with the peppermint filling. Whatever happened to those? I might have been the only person who liked them, but I really, really, really liked them.

How long will it take to get to 1000 posts, do you think? Never?

You're on. One.

I'm speechless, so I will just...

... bump.

I'm in...

Connie Chung!!!!!

eew

Chocolate and pepper mint should be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

Random thought of the day for me: I really miss those chocolate Pop Tarts with the peppermint filling. Whatever happened to those? I might have been the only person who liked them, but I really, really, really liked them.
    Funny, I don't recall those Pop Tarts, but I do adore Pop Tarts in general. The S'mores ones are my favorite, but I also like the chocolate chip ones or just a plain old strawberry (frosted or unadorned, it doesn't matter).

I would also consider myself somewhat of a breakfast cereal connoisseur. I Honey Smacks and Cocoa Krispies are my favorite.
    And I never understood why more people don't make Cocoa Krispies treats instead of plain Rice Krispies treats...they're so good.

Finally, I am currently preparing baked ziti.

Discuss.

Baked ziti sounds good. I'm trying to figure out what to do for dinner... wife will be home late, but need to have something ready before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Funny, I don't recall those Pop Tarts, but I do adore Pop Tarts in general. The S'mores ones are my favorite, but I also like the chocolate chip ones or just a plain old strawberry (frosted or unadorned, it doesn't matter).

I would also consider myself somewhat of a breakfast cereal connoisseur. I Honey Smacks and Cocoa Krispies are my favorite.
    And I never understood why more people don't make Cocoa Krispies treats instead of plain Rice Krispies treats...they're so good.

Finally, I am currently preparing baked ziti.

Discuss.

Wilson,

Are you joining Shamm and I tonight at Frankie's?

Angry The flu stinks!

Whatever I have is now a flu... will chocolate poptarts w/ PEPPERMINT (?!?!?!?!!?!) help me with the flu?

DANG EJAM ...I thought for sure you would put Frankenstein neck bolts on your avatar.

Lavabe

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    This thread will have to go a long long way to equal the "Bush Mispronounces Battier" thread that is, if I am not mistaken, the longest thread ever here at DBR.

hello, jello.
    ~rthomas

Lightbulb Technical question

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I say we go for it.

Earlier today I posted that I felt like startin' somethin' and this is the idea I've now come up with.

C'mon folks, who's with me?

How long will it take to get to 1000 posts, do you think? Never?
    If you really want a long thread, just mention the words "coaching change" or "evolution/creationism," or "sports injuries." It may bump you out of this board, but it'll get you your longest thread much more quickly.

Say ... what IS the longest thread ever? Longest measured in number of posts, or in actual length of messages?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    If you really want a long thread, just mention the words "coaching change" or "evolution/creationism," or "sports injuries." It may bump you out of this board, but it'll get you your longest thread much more quickly.

Say ... what IS the longest thread ever? Longest measured in number of posts, or in actual length of messages?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Let's talk about Coach K's successors, and their beliefs in whether evolution of certain players slapping the floor and injuring their wrists will result in us getting out of the sweet sixteen, and how this causes the Cameron Crazies to get worse each year.

fu*k carolina.

edit: and pitt.
    Last edited by tombrady; 12-20-2007 at 06:48 PM.

Bush mispronounces Battier

discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by devilmacdawg View Post
    discuss.
    Didn't he pronounce it "bot-yay" or some such thing? Sorry, I missed out on that famous thread. Isn't he surrounded by staph (sp?) to brief him on such matters? After all, he is the Chief of Staph, is he not?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Since I started do I get to make the rules? Number of posts, not length, so posts like bump just add to the fun.

Well, if there's no way to beat Bush and Battier, perhaps we can just go for longest off topic thread.

Note on the pop tarts, I haven't had one of those chocolate/peppermint ones for years. Not like chocolate and peppermint together? What about peppermint bark, or hot chocolate with candy canes or York Peppermint Patties. Ok, so I like the combination.

Wink Way back when?

You must have had said chocolate-peppermint pop tarts in the 70's. All they have now is mint-chocolate chip.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Strawberry with Frosting on mine, please. (Anyone remember Paula Poundstone's comedic bit about Poptarts, and how she couldn't open a box without eating all 6? So true.)

I think if we just pulled a "moderator" and moved all of Earljam's random threads into one (kind of like moving all the coaching discussions into one), we'd end up with the longest thread in the history of BB postings.

BTTT!

This is the first attempt at PostW@#$@ing I've seen here. Best o'luck.