Page 928 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 428828878918926927928929930938978102814281928 ... LastLast
Results 18,541 to 18,560 of 67385
    Didn't get to watch the game but Brother Bob texted me when it was over. Home now and will go watch the last part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Didn't get to watch the game but Brother Bob texted me when it was over. Home now and will go watch the last part of the game.
    You will definitely like the ending!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Well, as we get older, we may not always be able to spork as much as we used to.
    One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "You must spread some Comments around before commenting on Bostondevil again."
    Covered you. Again.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Ummm, should we be making rabbit analogies?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Tried a new recipe for tonight's birthday cake. It was a hit so it will be used again.
    Cake! Yum.

What kind of cake?

Ummm, should we be making rabbit analogies?

That's one of my karaoke go to's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Cake! Yum.

What kind of cake?
    I think the official name was golden velvet cake. Basically a white cake but the secret ingredient was melted white chocolate. The cookbook had two similar recipes - one called for 6 egg yolks and the other called for 4.5 egg whites. I went with the first so I didn't have to wrap my head around the 1/2 of an egg white.

I think the official name was golden velvet cake. Basically a white cake but the secret ingredient was melted white chocolate. The cookbook had two similar recipes - one called for 6 egg yolks and the other called for 4.5 egg whites. I went with the first so I didn't have to wrap my head around the 1/2 of an egg white.
    I like your practicality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I like your practicality.
    The recipe also gives weights and volumes so I could have figured it out but just seemed like too much work. May have to eventually try it for comparison purposes.

The recipe also gives weights and volumes so I could have figured it out but just seemed like too much work. May have to eventually try it for comparison purposes.
    Agreed.

I want a cookbook by either Mary Berry or Paul Hollywood for Christmas though. I've heard the Great British Baking Show isn't going to continue, at least not with the same people, something like that. This makes me very sad.

I need to get off the internet. Been in a depressed funk for a few days. I just signed up to run the Forge Pond 5k in Hanover, Mass tomorrow.

If one calls for just egg whites and one calls for just egg yolks, why not just use eggs?

If one calls for just egg whites and one calls for just egg yolks, why not just use eggs?
    That was a different recipe without the white chocolate.

That was a different recipe without the white chocolate.
    So some egg parts are a substitute for white chocolate? Now I'm really confused.

So some egg parts are a substitute for white chocolate? Now I'm really confused.
    No - I just liked the idea of the white chocolate in the cake. There wasn't a recipe that called for it and whole eggs. I didn't want to experiment with Niece Nicole's bday cake.

Let me know when you are heading this way and I'll try 3 cakes - egg whites only, egg yokes only, whole* eggs only.

And I'll make you gravy.

* Eggshells will not be included.

So - brown eggs or white eggs?

I used to buy the white ones, now I buy the brown ones. There are more brown ones to be found, usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    So - brown eggs or white eggs?

I used to buy the white ones, now I buy the brown ones. There are more brown ones to be found, usually.
    White - I usually just have time to pick them up at the store. Need to start getting them from the farmer's market - fresher and (probably) most often brown.