Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

What do you consider a punch-able offense?

What, if anything, do you consider a punch-able offense?

Please leave 'late game time-outs in a well-in-hand game' out of this discussion. It has been litigated ad nauseum on the main board and many good points for and against may be referenced there.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

Please leave 'late game time-outs in a well-in-hand game' out of this discussion. It has been litigated ad nauseum on the main board and many good points for and against may be referenced there.
    To me about the only thing would be someone messing with your family.

LOL at this thread. But it's a question I haven't thought a lot about.

I guess the proper answer is "there isn't one" (i.e., you're always supposed to turn the other cheek). But as for the real answer is... I don't have a good answer.

ETA: but Clemmons is on the right track I think. Defending one's own family is probably in the right territory. Or defending one's one self in a legitimately threatening situation (i.e., not in simply a "beat the other guy to the punch" situation).

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post

I guess the proper answer is "there isn't one" (i.e., you're always supposed to turn the other cheek). But as for the real answer is... I don't have a good answer.
    Did you see that he advocated punching me in the other thread? The man is an absolute comedic genius.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Did you see that he advocated punching me in the other thread? The man is an absolute comedic genius.
    LOL, I had missed that!

[for clarity: not laughing at the idea of condoning violence on another member of DBR, just to be clear]

Did he?

I know I certainly did.

ETA: but Clemmons is on the right track I think. Defending one's own family is probably in the right territory. Or defending one's one self in a legitimately threatening situation (i.e., not in simply a "beat the other guy to the punch" situation).
    You know, as I've gotten older, I think my threshold for what constitutes a punch-able offense has lowered considerably (and I've never been a fighter). Like, I've been reading that Bad Blood book about Theranos and every other chapter I think, this all could have been solved if someone had just really popped Sunny Balwani in the face.

LOL, I had missed that!

[for clarity: not laughing at the idea of condoning violence on another member of DBR, just to be clear]
    No. I think I should be punched. He's actually very much correct here. You don't know me well enough.

Yet, you are always begging me to punch you.

You are an enigma.

No. I think I should be punched. He's actually very much correct here. You don't know me well enough.
    One of the unwritten rules is that you can't condone punching someone else. You can totally condone someone punching yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yet, you are always begging me to punch you.

You are an enigma.
    Wrapped in a riddle, wrapped in a bad haircut.

Someone calling you a Cheat fan?

Being the second one to spot a VW bug.

One of the unwritten rules is that you can't condone punching someone else. You can totally condone someone punching yourself.
    The first rule of no-fight club is that you don’t talk about no-fight club.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    krislang.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Someone calling you a Cheat fan?
    That’s far more than a punchable offense.

Family my money and my food .
    Words don't bother me.outside of being assaulted.
    I fought in the ring for a few years in the 80s yoi may have seen me get beat on espn lol .that skillset is gone .i just have no interest in fighting over trivial stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Bwahahahah! Alas, cannot spork

Was skiing with my family over this past weekend and a snowboarder (always a snowboarder) was bombing down a catwalk and ran into my daughter (who was downhill) as she turned into the ledge to drop into a run off the catwalk (she was about 3 feet from the edge when she turned to drop-in and the boarder was trying to split my daughter and the edge of the catwalk). The guy then had the audacity to yell at my (8 year old) daughter telling her its her responsibility to look up-hill before turning into the ledge. That was about the closest I've come to punching someone.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    Was skiing with my family over this past weekend and a snowboarder (always a snowboarder) was bombing down a catwalk and ran into my daughter (who was downhill) as she turned into the ledge to drop into a run off the catwalk (she was about 3 feet from the edge when she turned to drop-in and the boarder was trying to split my daughter and the edge of the catwalk). The guy then had the audacity to yell at my (8 year old) daughter telling her its her responsibility to look up-hill before turning into the ledge. That was about the closest I've come to punching someone.
    Family.