Page 1222 of 1277 FirstFirst ... 2227221122117212121220122112221223122412321272 ... LastLast
Results 24,421 to 24,440 of 25529
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Did anyone watch the Jeopardy G.O.A.T Tournament?

Did anyone see the final Final Jeopardy?

Did anyone think, I wonder if Bostondevil, the LTE's resident Shakespearean, knows the right "question"? Answer: yes, of course. I thought it was a surprisingly easy final Final Jeopardy. Only Ken Jennings got it right. It still kinda surprises me when everybody else doesn't know as much Shakespeare as I do.

I don't sing in the shower, I rehearse Shakespearean monologues in the shower.
    I just saw the final jeopardy question on GMA. Surprisingly, I knew the correct question. I think R&J is the only Shakespeare play I jave read.

Somebody here tipped the ending last night and it bummed me out to know in advance. Esp after our choke against the clemson.

Not a great, buzzy night here at weezie's crib.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

There are 3 candidates for the best movie I've never seen: On the Waterfront, The Deer Hunter, and Jurassic Park. I'll let those of you who have seen them tell me which of the 3 is the best.

I came up with those three then googled "Best Movies of All Time" which brought me to this link https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...e-films-818418

Those 3 movies are all on the list and they are the only 3 movies on the list that I haven't seen.
    On the Waterfront is absolutely fabulous and worthy of every accolade you've ever heard about it.
    Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies of all time, definitely my favorite and most memorable in-theater viewing experience of all time, and a technical achievement that holds up remarkably well given that it's now almost 27 years old.
    I highly recommend them both.
    I haven't seen The Deer Hunter.

I auditioned with it last week. I got cast. I'll be playing Friar Lawrence in Romeo & Juliet. We open in late March if anyone wants to come see it.
    Congrats!!!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Somebody here tipped the ending last night and it bummed me out to know in advance. Esp after our choke against the clemson.

Not a great, buzzy night here at weezie's crib.
    Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to tip the ending! I forget how many people use the DVR and watch stuff later. I don't do that so much.

Back to no social life for the next 4 months.
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."

-Thomas Jefferson

Political science denier.

Managing people is the pits.

There are 3 candidates for the best movie I've never seen: On the Waterfront, The Deer Hunter, and Jurassic Park. I'll let those of you who have seen them tell me which of the 3 is the best.

I came up with those three then googled "Best Movies of All Time" which brought me to this link https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...e-films-818418

Those 3 movies are all on the list and they are the only 3 movies on the list that I haven't seen.
    Three very different movies. All three should be on anyone's "must see" list.

I always find it hard to choose a "best" when they are so different but I'll take a stab -

1 - Jurassic Park - Great direction, based on a great book, great "story" but most of all, just exciting edge-of-your-seat thrills. And effects that, for the most part, still hold up today.

2 - The Deer Hunter - Very long and very dark but worth watching for the performances by De Niro and Walken.

3 - On The Waterfront - I watched this one years ago but remember great writing and Brando, of course.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Managing people is the pits.
    Iíve been trying to avoid it, but am running out of excuses these days. Iíve done it for nearly two decades but not having direct reports is much less complicated. Over the years, Iíve been trying to simplify my life. I made a mistake when I moved to San Antonio on home location. Though I love my house and neighbors, I am now 45 minutes away from work. When I moved here, the drive took 25 minutes. Thatís the excuse I use now at least.

I'm probably being petty in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Back to no social life for the next 4 months.
    Because of a loss to Clemson? Or no beer for that time period? Either way, there are other avenues to a social life.

Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to tip the ending! I forget how many people use the DVR and watch stuff later. I don't do that so much.
    No BD, it wasn't you and it wasn't this thread! Don't feel bad.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I don't have a DVR so if I miss something, I miss it.

What is the statute of limitations on spoilers? I still hate to say how Breaking Bad ended for example but I am fine with freely discussing the original Star Wars trilogy.

This issue vexes me.
    "We're only tourists in this life
    Only tourists but the view is nice"

-- David Byrne

So, apparently last night there was a sports ball contest where the dear ol' alma mater did not emerge triumphant.

As my father was picking the channel, I did witness a gentlemen best two others in a competition of hit the buzzer and provide an interogatory while trying to hit the magical everyday 2x multiplier. As he had come out of surgery from earlier in the day, not a word of protest was uttered.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    No BD, it wasn't you and it wasn't this thread! Don't feel bad.
    Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    What is the statute of limitations on spoilers? I still hate to say how Breaking Bad ended for example but I am fine with freely discussing the original Star Wars trilogy.

This issue vexes me.
    I will tell you the secret to "The Crying Game" whether or not you've seen it. I'm of the mind that if you don't want spoilers, you should watch whatever it is within a week for a TV show or within a month for a movie. After that - don't blame the spoiler, blame yourself.

(I know the ending of "Hamlet". I'll still buy tickets to see it.)

I enjoyed the USCe spoiler against UK.

I will tell you the secret to "The Crying Game" whether or not you've seen it. I'm of the mind that if you don't want spoilers, you should watch whatever it is within a week for a TV show or within a month for a movie. After that - don't blame the spoiler, blame yourself.

(I know the ending of "Hamlet". I'll still buy tickets to see it.)

Very reasonable, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    ...my father... had come out of surgery from earlier in the day...

See? This is how we glean information.

Ymo, hope your father is doing well and now looking to needle you with great glee and gusto.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Because of a loss to Clemson? Or no beer for that time period? Either way, there are other avenues to a social life.
    First week of my final semester.
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."

-Thomas Jefferson

Political science denier.