Page 1394 of 3363 FirstFirst ... 3948941294134413841392139313941395139614041444149418942394 ... LastLast
Results 27,861 to 27,880 of 67244
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    This is San Antonio too often.
    I have been to San Antonio once. It was 99 degrees in April.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Must be some pretty tough commutes this morning.
    Yeah, I'm taking the morning off. Not going to work until about 1pm.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I have been to San Antonio once. It was 99 degrees in April.
    That does happen. Sometimes in January.

Only 88 here today.

Time to mow the lawn.

That does happen. Sometimes in January.
    That’s what I don’t miss about living in Galveston. In all fairness, though, Galveston is often cooler than San Antonio. Love those coastal breezes.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    That’s what I don’t miss about living in Galveston. In all fairness, though, Galveston is often cooler than San Antonio. Love those coastal breezes.
    Yeah, I’ve grown weary of the heat. Thankfully, it looks like it has backed off for a few days.

For those of you waiting with baited breath, A Midsummer Night's Dream beat Macbeth in the finals to win the coveted title of "Favorite Shakespeare Play of Lisa's FB Friends"

Hand in hand with fairy grace
    Will we sing and bless this place

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    For those of you waiting with baited breath, A Midsummer Night's Dream beat Macbeth in the finals to win the coveted title of "Favorite Shakespeare Play of Lisa's FB Friends"

I was a bit surprised at the outcome. There were several rounds where I couldn’t pick a favorite.

I did have to vote against King Lear because of a live production I saw (Colorado Shakespeare Festival, 1993). The production itself was good, but I found myself thinking, “would all of you just die, already?” because the play dragged on for so long. Their production of The Tempest was fantastic, as was The Merry Wives of Windsor. My friend Google told me that the 4th production from that season was Pericles, and I don’t remember it at all. I’ve seen a couple of good productions of Much Ado About Nothing, making it one of my favorites. A favorite from the Shakespeare class I took in college was The Merchant of Venice.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I was a bit surprised at the outcome. There were several rounds where I couldn’t pick a favorite.

I did have to vote against King Lear because of a live production I saw (Colorado Shakespeare Festival, 1993). The production itself was good, but I found myself thinking, “would all of you just die, already?” because the play dragged on for so long. Their production of The Tempest was fantastic, as was The Merry Wives of Windsor. My friend Google told me that the 4th production from that season was Pericles, and I don’t remember it at all. I’ve seen a couple of good productions of Much Ado About Nothing, making it one of my favorites. A favorite from the Shakespeare class I took in college was The Merchant of Venice.
    That's not really surprising.

I've been in a production of Pericles and I don't remember it at all either. (Just kidding, but, having been in a production of Pericles, I can say that there is a very good reason its one of the least performed of Shakespeare's plays.)

The worst production of Shakespeare play I have seen to date was a King Lear. It was terrible and yeah, Lear is too long, you gotta cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

Hmm... Sounds fishy.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Hmm... Sounds fishy.

-jk
    Fishy? I didn't tell anybody how to vote. But, it is entirely possible that I am more likely to accept FB friend requests from the kind of people who love A Midsummer Night's Dream.

I am rather surprised by the outcome, I figured Hamlet had it in the bag, even if it's not my favorite.

I didn’t vote. Haven’t read much Shakespeare since high school.

I just had the joke explained to me.

I get it now.

Makes it less funny?

Well, Space Force is done. And the yard is mowed. Getting kinda bored today.

Well, Space Force is done. And the yard is mowed. Getting kinda bored today.
    Trying to make/bake homemade Italian bread. Enough dough for two loaves, so going to try two different formation techniques and see what happens.

Science! (And lack of sports on TV).

And not to brag, but my beer pretzels and my bialy rock.

It’s getting kinda warm here for me to consider baking in the afternoon. Now, early morning makes sense for me.