Page 1241 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2417411141119112311239124012411242124312511291134117412241 ... LastLast
Results 24,801 to 24,820 of 67390
    Knives Out for me...

Tobacco is the devil

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Knives Out for me...
    I enjoyed that, too. After years of theater inactivity, I would rank the five I saw the last two months as follows:

1. Joker (Joaquin Phoenix is just that good, and the visuals are great)
    2. 1917 (awesome)
    3. Knives Out (a lot of fun)
    4. Jojo Rabbit (unique, funny, touching)
    5. Star Wars IX (also a lot of fun)

All were enjoyable.

Our attempt at being a one-car household starts this week.

And so, once more into the breach...

I was beat after the drive home from game Sat night and yesterday was a stare out the screen door day of exhaustion.

But, life is grand and precious, so stop bellyaching weezie!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Apparently my cholesterol is very high and I have to start taking meds. I feel too young for this

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Apparently my cholesterol is very high and I have to start taking meds. I feel too young for this
    My doctor said the same thing about taking meds. My wife said nope, you’re changing your diet. I don’t like it, but it worked. Cholesterol is now within normal range.

I can live in denial about my cholesterol for only so long. Diet wise what fueled me in my 20s is a problem for me in my 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    My doctor said the same thing about taking meds. My wife said nope, you’re changing your diet. I don’t like it, but it worked. Cholesterol is now within normal range.
    Familial hypercholesterolemia. My diet is fine, the problem for me is hereditary.

Rooting for the Tigers tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Rooting for the Tigers tonight.
    You will not be disappointed.

Well, the Tigers won.

I've often said that I've lived a life free of real football, growing up in Detroit, etc. I'm not at all educated enough to say much on the subject.

But that was a smash-mouth game. I'm sore just from watching it.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Catching up after some time away - which I didn't realize I was doing until I thought, hey, I haven't checked the LTE in awhile. I had to go back 12 pages! (That's a first.)

Spent Christmas here then went to Durham for a few days between Christmas and New Year's.

Made the usual roast (at the kids' request) and Yorkshire pudding for Christmas dinner.

There are 3 candidates for the best movie I've never seen: On the Waterfront, The Deer Hunter, and Jurassic Park. I'll let those of you who have seen them tell me which of the 3 is the best.

I came up with those three then googled "Best Movies of All Time" which brought me to this link https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...e-films-818418

Those 3 movies are all on the list and they are the only 3 movies on the list that I haven't seen.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I usually leave my tree up until Epiphany but I tend to get it on the later side. Used to wait until after my oldest son's birthday, 12/13, so I wouldn't have to deal with kids at birthday parties knocking over the tree and it kinda became a tradition. We don't get the tree until after the 13th even though the son in question is now in graduate school.

Had all 4 boys home which was nice. There will be a Christmas, and probably sometime soon, where they don't all come home. But not yet!

Did anyone watch the Jeopardy G.O.A.T Tournament?

Did anyone see the final Final Jeopardy?

Did anyone think, I wonder if Bostondevil, the LTE's resident Shakespearean, knows the right "question"? Answer: yes, of course. I thought it was a surprisingly easy final Final Jeopardy. Only Ken Jennings got it right. It still kinda surprises me when everybody else doesn't know as much Shakespeare as I do.

I don't sing in the shower, I rehearse Shakespearean monologues in the shower.

My latest fav is from Richard II.

The best know line from it is: For god's sake, let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings.

I auditioned with it last week. I got cast. I'll be playing Friar Lawrence in Romeo & Juliet. We open in late March if anyone wants to come see it.