Page 3385 of 3385 FirstFirst ... 23852885328533353375338333843385
Results 67,681 to 67,685 of 67685
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    just spent a week in Germany, the major highlight being a major sausage and Kolsch fest in Cologne...we happened to choose a nice looking restaurant, and happily it quickly filled up with locals...at the table next to us 22 woman came in together...I asked our waitress if they would mostly eat sausages and drink beer, and she said of course. And they did. Most impressive...a pal and I enjoyed the half meter wurst, very memorable, authentic meal...not another tourist to be seen I'm happy to say.
    There was a lot of German migration here to central Texas, many towns like Shiner, Schulenberg, and New Braunfels. And roads like Wurzbach, Dietrich, and Eisenhauer. Funny thing is the best non-Tex-Mex restaurants here are Brazilian.

Iykyk

gyaitmfhrnbibya

It got converted to all lower case?
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; Today at 08:12 PM. Reason: It got converted to all lower case?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    There was a lot of German migration here to central Texas, many towns like Shiner, Schulenberg, and New Braunfels. And roads like Wurzbach, Dietrich, and Eisenhauer. Funny thing is the best non-Tex-Mex restaurants here are Brazilian.
    Kolachis, mmmmm. It’s not just Germans, you shouldn’t reference this area with out the Czechs.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Kolachis, mmmmm. It’s not just Germans, you shouldn’t reference this area with out the Czechs.
    Of course, but they are less prevalent in the naming of local things. I believe this is because they came several decades later. Interestingly Winston-Salem, NC celebrates it's Czech heritage via Moravian cookies. Sadly though, no kolaches.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Iykyk

gyaitmfhrnbibya

It got converted to all lower case?
    The board doesn't like yelling.

-jk