Page 1923 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 92314231823187319131921192219231924192519331973202324232923 ... LastLast
Results 38,441 to 38,460 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Could someone please remind me - what is the first rule of Book Club?
    Times New Roman font not allowed?

Put the traps out tonight as there is a newish face around We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Sez who?
    Yeah. Someone does.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Put the traps out tonight as there is a newish face around. We'll see what happens.
    Off to the Humane Society.

Off to the Humane Society.
    What did you get?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    What did you get?

-jk
    Another cat that has been hanging around the neighborhood. Trap, Neuter, Release

Another cat that has been hanging around the neighborhood. Trap, Neuter, Release
    Good work!

Times New Roman font not allowed?
    Papyrus only.

DIY job?

As someone who has frequently had to deal with feral cats (and quite a few domesticated ones) that get under my porch and poop, dig up my flowerbeds and poop, spray everything in sight, hang out under my bird feeder for a snack, and generally knock things over, like plant stands - I have a problem with the TNR program. But that is probably getting into PP discussion, so I will leave it at that.

Except that it is frustrating when your yard reeks of cat pee - an you do not own a cat.

As someone who has frequently had to deal with feral cats (and quite a few domesticated ones) that get under my porch and poop, dig up my flowerbeds and poop, spray everything in sight, hang out under my bird feeder for a snack, and generally knock things over, like plant stands - I have a problem with the TNR program. But that is probably getting into PP discussion, so I will leave it at that.

Except that it is frustrating when your yard reeks of cat pee - an you do not own a cat.
    You ignored your own warning sign.

the male cat spraying thing is about the worst thing they (cats) do...smell hangs around longer than L'Aire du Temps...

p.s. about two weeks ago I busted The Mad Pooper, a neighbor's dog who comes over in the dead of night (its owners are nocturnal) and poops on our front steps, garden, back door area...as they say, the proof is in the pooping

Allegedly, cat pee and poop repels snakes (in addition to humans). We once had 3 indoor cats, and never had any inside snakes ... and very few human visitors.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I think except for dermatologists, MDs are not aware that gold jewelry contains nickel. But then again, it might not just be MDs, perhaps the only people aware that gold jewelry contains nickel are people with severe nickel allergies.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    TBH, lots of people look at you funny when you tell them you are allergic to most things made of metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    TBH, lots of people look at you funny when you tell them you are allergic to most things made of metal.
    You’d be no fun at a Judas Priest concert, that’s for sure.

https://youtu.be/EKu7TYWNxqA

The collective scream you hear this afternoon will be from my coworkers when my promotion is announced. They have all been with the company at least a decade longer than I have. In some circles being in the same position for 15 to 20 years and never being promoted and never seeking a promotion is seen as a recognition of your skill-set. I can promise you that the two reactions are going to be "Wait. Why did he get this job?!?! I didn't know this job existwd!!!!" And also: Wait. We could try to have increased levels of responsibility?!?!"
    My assumption is this is exactly how the announcement is going to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    the male cat spraying thing is about the worst thing they (cats) do...smell hangs around longer than L'Aire du Temps...

p.s. about two weeks ago I busted The Mad Pooper, a neighbor's dog who comes over in the dead of night (its owners are nocturnal) and poops on our front steps, garden, back door area...as they say, the proof is in the pooping
    Ignoring my own warning again.

We have one neighbor who currently has about 6 cats that she allows to roam. She has had two mauled by feral dogs or coyotes, several that have run away or disappeared, one was shot with a bb gun (no, not I!), and one who recently disappeared, then was found about two months later in a neighboring county, half dead. She still lets them roam. She just keeps getting more. Except I narced on her to APS b/c the papers you sign explicitly say you will keep them indoors. I have made it clear to her that I do not want her cats on my property. She told me I should move. THEN she posts on Nextdoor a complaint about someone else's cat coming onto HER property and harassing her cats. So . . . it's OK for her cats to roam, but not anyone else's. The animal control guy spoke with her as well, and she brushed him off. Meanwhile, a neighbor who had previously said he did not have a problem with her cats woke up one morning to find cat paw prints all over his newly stained porch. He had to re-sand and stain the whole thing. I think his opinion has changed.

I awoke this morning to raccoon prints in the 1/2 inch thick pollen on my porch.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    https://youtu.be/EKu7TYWNxqA

The collective scream you hear this afternoon will be from my coworkers when my promotion is announced. They have all been with the company at least a decade longer than I have. In some circles being in the same position for 15 to 20 years and never being promoted and never seeking a promotion is seen as a recognition of your skill-set. I can promise you that the two reactions are going to be "Wait. Why did he get this job?!?! I didn't know this job existwd!!!!" And also: Wait. We could try to have increased levels of responsibility?!?!"
    My assumption is this is exactly how the announcement is going to go down.
    Moved into a new office this week. They had trouble with the movers b/c the workers that were hired to move furniture were complaining about having to move furniture. No lie.

Moved into a new office this week. They had trouble with the movers b/c the workers that were hired to move furniture were complaining about having to move furniture. No lie.
    I worked with a guy who was an absolute star High School baseball player. He got drafted in the second round and went to high-level A ball. They gave him a $75,000 sign on bonus which was huge back then. And about 3 days a week he told them he was too hurt to practice and he put on about 30 lbs. When the organization eventually asked him about this he looked at them incredulously and said: "You've already paid me. Why would I need to work hard?" He eventually became a respiratory therapist and we promoted him to supervisor so he could more efficiently sit around.