Page 1338 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3388381238128813281336133713381339134013481388143818382338 ... LastLast
Results 26,741 to 26,760 of 67383
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    This post ain't nothing to eff with.
    “I be tossin', enforcin', my style is awesome
    I'm causin' more family feud than Richard Dawson”

That’s poetry right there, man.

Any advice on how to move two cats across the country?

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Don't get pulled over by the super troopers?

I think I replied with some earlier advice. As luck would have it, when we did our cross country move we had a Maine Coon along for the ride. We just made his litter box available and he used it exactly once from East Coast to West Coast. Otherwise he just hung out in the car. He was a pretty cool cat though, very laid back. If you have highly active cats or that don't like being in the car, well, sounds like it could be a cat-astrophe and I'm not kitten around.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Large dog crate with litter box. I've done it multiple times.

Benadryl might help the poor kitty sleep if s/he is noisy and cantankerous.

We veered off BD's next theatrical production with cat litter talk.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Don't get pulled over by the super troopers?
    Inspired post.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    We veered off BD's next theatrical production with cat litter talk.
    Well, not my next theatrical production. The baton twirling is featured in my play "Round John Virgin" tagline: Better than Santa Claus (in his own mind). It has been produced several times. More than one of my actor friends has told me that it's their favorite of my plays. It is not my personal favorite but I do love it. I once played the baton twirling part myself because, and this shocked me, we couldn't find an actress who knew how. (I can, you have to do the regular twirl, a Figure 8, and a finger curl.)
    Little kids growing up in Massachusetts don't dream of becoming majorettes, it seems. It's not as shocking when you find out how many of the high schools around here don't have marching bands.

I can’t blow bubbles with bubble gum. Nor can I twirl a baton. But I think I have a better shot at that compared to blowing bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Large dog crate with litter box. I've done it multiple times.

Benadryl might help the poor kitty sleep if s/he is noisy and cantankerous.
    Alright then, let's start sharing moving war stories. Where have y'all (not just Mtn.Devil) lived and moved to/from?

I've got East Coast, every state (sans MD) from GA to PA. I've got TX, UT, OH. I've got Oz and if you count summers with dear old dad, I've got CO, CA, and NM.

Longest in one physical location was 5 years. And yes, if you're wondering, I have showered in a gas station/truck stop pay-by-the-minute shower.

Alright then, let's start sharing moving war stories. Where have y'all (not just Mtn.Devil) lived and moved to/from?

I've got East Coast, every state (sans MD) from GA to PA. I've got TX, UT, OH. I've got Oz and if you count summers with dear old dad, I've got CO, CA, and NM.

Longest in one physical location was 5 years. And yes, if you're wondering, I have showered in a gas station/truck stop pay-by-the-minute shower.
    Hawaii, Texas, Virginia, Kansas, (West) Germany, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Arizona, North Carolina, California, Georgia, Washington, Tennessee, Ohio. I have a few repeaters(NC x3, MA x2, TX x2) Longest in one location is 7+ years here in San Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hawaii, Texas, Virginia, Kansas, (West) Germany, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Arizona, North Carolina, California, Georgia, Washington, Tennessee, Ohio. I have a few repeaters(NC x3, MA x2, TX x2) Longest in one location is 7+ years here in San Antonio.
    That's an impressive list. Military parents and career? Not used to someone calling out (West) Germany if not for stationed reasons...

NJ, PA, KS, GA, Tokyo, Seoul, TX, NC (if you count years at school), and back to KS.

GA - shortest - less than 1 year
    KS - 2nd time - longest but I'm not saying how long

That's an impressive list. Military parents and career? Not used to someone calling out (West) Germany if not for stationed reasons...
    Yes, Army brat and former officer myself.

FWIW, I stayed in Brazil for 5 months working for a company there. Not sure if that counts.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Durham, Wisconsin for one year, Durham, England (Sussex) for most of a year, Durham, Texas, Georgia, Massachusetts. Within Massachusetts (where I have now lived for more than half my life) Boston, Newton, Jamaica Plain, Cambridge, Newton. I will probably be living in DC half the time in a couple of years.

Grew up in Charlotte. Then Asheville. Then Seattle. Then Asheville. The Seattle. Then Vermont. Then Seattle. Then San Luis Obispo. Then the last fourteen years here in Asheville.

I keep on getting calls to go to Monterrey. Real estate is expensive there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    ... you have to do the regular twirl, a Figure 8, and a finger curl...

Little kids growing up in Massachusetts don't dream of becoming majorettes, it seems...
    Thank goodness I grew up in Michigan where there still are some impressive marching bands. And, I'm your gal with the twirl requirements!

I was laughing on my daily trek to the mailbox while thinking about veering off to the barn to look for the old baton. Ah geez, this confinement is beginning to cause day dreams/ hallucinations.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Mee-chi-gan?

All quiet on the LTE front today...

Sigh, the benefit of an Android tablet is the lower cost. The downside are dumb pop up ads.