Page 2039 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 103915391939198920292037203820392040204120492089213925393039 ... LastLast
Results 40,761 to 40,780 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    There's a whole lot more to this, though no way I'm fighting unless I find out you're way smaller and weaker than I am...the head was molded in the days when Carl Sagan and Allen Hynek were stopping by the MIL's home in Cadiz all the time...

Opening the box had a definite Corleone feel to it, that surprising moment when you flip the heavy wooden lid and there's a head looking at you.
    What!?!?! These sentences were surely formed by a random word generator!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    What!?!?! These sentences were surely formed by a random word generator!!!!!!
    I agree. I am waiting for more. this is book material!
    Last edited by aimo; 05-17-2021 at 02:54 PM. Reason: should not post while working

I'm learning more by the minute. Moments ago my wife showed me some photos from that era that came along with The Head, there was J. Allen Hynkek (the man was ultra big in UFO investigation on behalf of the military..he was hired to debunk everything, in fact he came to acknowledge there was a lot of unexplained stuff supported by American military witnesses) cavorting with my wife's family dog... heady days those (ha).

I'm learning more by the minute. Moments ago my wife showed me some photos from that era that came along with The Head, there was J. Allen Hynkek (the man was ultra big in UFO investigation on behalf of the military..he was hired to debunk everything, in fact he came to acknowledge there was a lot of unexplained stuff supported by American military witnesses) cavorting with my wife's family dog... heady days those (ha).
    You drink a lot of Dos Equis, don’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    And he moves to the top of the list of DBR folks I want to meet. I'll spread mulch if it gets me an invite.

Lots of rain while I was gone, thatch tiger stripes in the grass again.

This is the perfect response.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    And he moves to the top of the list of DBR folks I want to meet. I'll spread mulch if it gets me an invite.
    Yes. Exactly.

I’m a little concerned budwom has been radio silent the rest of the day. We may have a Nic Cage National Treasure situation on our hands.

I’m a little concerned budwom has been radio silent the rest of the day. We may have a Nic Cage National Treasure situation on our hands.
    I think he could kill people with mulch. Not concerned about him. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Seriously! He’s got a DBR army for future yard work. 😂

beer drinking did not commence until 5:30, so I can't blame the beer (ultimately it was two Double Bags from Long Trail). The head is fully deployed in the garden now, haven't even begun to leaf thru the nine large photo albums behind me.

The backstory (should anyone be interested) is that my wife's father was an astrophysicist educated at Ohio State...when the satellite era began in 1957, the U.S. (Harvard Smithsonian) set up a bunch of satellite tracking stages, and my wife's father was appointed to run the one in southern Spain (Cadiz). Interesting time, lots of famous people like Hynek (also a Buckeye) and Sagan were around, Spain was still under Franco, a fascist state, but it was luxurious for Americans who lived like kings...
    My wife got to live like a little princess, became fluent in Spanish, on many weekends they'd put her in a donkey cart and haul her off to the bullfights...definitely a different era.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I think he could kill people with mulch. Not concerned about him. At all.
    Yeah, we never did ask what's IN his mulch . . .

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yeah, we never did ask what's IN his mulch . . .
    what's kind of funny is that it's hemlock...Shakespeare was onto this centuries ago.

The backstory (should anyone be interested)
    Seriously? We are ALL interested. Great story!

Good morning!

beer drinking did not commence until 5:30, so I can't blame the beer (ultimately it was two Double Bags from Long Trail). The head is fully deployed in the garden now, haven't even begun to leaf thru the nine large photo albums behind me.

The backstory (should anyone be interested) is that my wife's father was an astrophysicist educated at Ohio State...when the satellite era began in 1957, the U.S. (Harvard Smithsonian) set up a bunch of satellite tracking stages, and my wife's father was appointed to run the one in southern Spain (Cadiz). Interesting time, lots of famous people like Hynek (also a Buckeye) and Sagan were around, Spain was still under Franco, a fascist state, but it was luxurious for Americans who lived like kings...
    My wife got to live like a little princess, became fluent in Spanish, on many weekends they'd put her in a donkey cart and haul her off to the bullfights...definitely a different era.

Sounds like a Hemingway novel.

Sounds like a Hemingway novel.
    A classmate took a stab at it with his father's life story.

https://books.google.com/books/about...ok_description

More of a dorm mate. He was down the hall from me in House H for a couple years.

Best part of remote work hands down breaks to throw ball for my puppets on days like today.

Hah. I’m leaving that typo. It’s too good.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    A classmate took a stab at it with his father's life story.

https://books.google.com/books/about...ok_description

More of a dorm mate. He was down the hall from me in House H for a couple years.
    Cool. Any good?