Page 1669 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 66911691569161916591667166816691670167116791719176921692669 ... LastLast
Results 33,361 to 33,380 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    the bed would be a challenge: he can pull the first one out of my grill with me!

My day consists of three phases, the exercise phase, the reading phase, and the food ingestion phase which we now approach. Like Groundhog Day, do it again tomorrow, the next day, the next day..
    We should definitely hang out. My life consists of those 3 phases as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    We should definitely hang out. My life consists of those 3 phases as well.
    It's a wee bit of a grind, but overall I consider us very lucky that tedium is our primary problem...

It's a wee bit of a grind, but overall I consider us very lucky that tedium is our primary problem...
    I have an exceedingly high threshold of boredom. I just found out in the last year that how I live my life is called "quarantine". You couple this with the fact that I have pretty eyes and an ugly face, so a mask makes me attractive...damn what a great time to be alive.

I was social distancing before social distancing was cool.

I'm fine spending a weekend in the house without anything specific to do. The minute that is the only option, I really don't like it.

I miss restaurants and I miss the occasional vacation, but staying alive is good, too.

Now, dear DinK, this may be that golden opportunity to tackle the attic. Shall I throw some clothes in my trunk and head west?
    Just think of the fun we could have dragging boxes to the curb!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I miss restaurants and I miss the occasional vacation, but staying alive is good, too.
    No inside dining since March 12 in Knoxville the day everything shut down. Eating at restaurants is one of the thinga I love the most. I have done a lot of eating outdoors in my travels for work. Once it gets below about 50 degrees it loses it's charm. But I have enjoyed not dying.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Now, dear DinK, this may be that golden opportunity to tackle the attic. Shall I throw some clothes in my trunk and head west?
    Just think of the fun we could have dragging boxes to the curb!
    Yes, please. Of course, I still have to work and now I'm adding Saturdays to the work week.

No inside dining since March 12 in Knoxville the day everything shut down. Eating at restaurants is one of the thinga I love the most. I have done a lot of eating outdoors in my travels for work. Once it gets below about 50 degrees it loses it's charm. But I have enjoyed not dying.
    Local news did a story about a man in town that has one of those propane patio heaters. He takes it and a small table and 2 chairs and sits outside the restaurant for dinner. He was planning on doing 1 restaurant a week.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Local news did a story about a man in town that has one of those propane patio heaters. He takes it and a small table and 2 chairs and sits outside the restaurant for dinner. He was planning on doing 1 restaurant a week.
    I find places with outdoor heaters and I have upped my outerwear game. I detest eating in my hotel room when I travel.

Yes, please. Of course, I still have to work and now I'm adding Saturdays to the work week.

Uh oh, tax season is upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I’m actually looking forward to this tax season. Got a new wrinkle as I explore the wide world of having a dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’m actually looking forward to this tax season. Got a new wrinkle as I explore the wide world of having a dependent.
    I'd look forward to it, too, if I just had to prepare my return.

I'm assuming you are only filing yours and not lots of other returns.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    That it is!

I'd look forward to it, too, if I just had to prepare my return.

I'm assuming you are only filing yours and not lots of other returns.
    Hah, hah. Yes, just my family’s return. Good luck! Will this year be more complicated than usual?

this is basically the only weather I won't walk five miles in: 33 degrees, hard rain, 25 mph wind. Ack. But a foot of snow coming tonight?

Thank you.
    BTW, making your own granola is pretty cost efficient. The packaged stuff in the store is usually priced at a premium; you can get 3-4X as much making your own for the same $, which is a perk.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    BTW, making your own granola is pretty cost efficient. The packaged stuff in the store is usually priced at a premium; you can get 3-4X as much making your own for the same $, which is a perk.
    True. But then you're stuck eating granola. So that's the negative in this scenario. You could just make bacon.

True. But then you're stuck eating granola. So that's the negative in this scenario. You could just make bacon.
    I did try bacon-wrapped granola. Yvon Chouinard personally tracked me down and slapped it out of my mouth.

We do our hot breakfasts on Sunday.