Page 1164 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 1646641064111411541162116311641165116611741214126416642164 ... LastLast
Results 23,261 to 23,280 of 67371
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    When? Are you OK?
    Oh, I'm fine, but I posted in that other thread...

Now that's funny.

And it makes me realize that The Onion long ago replaced Mad Magazine for me as a go to place for satirical humor. Probably for a lot of other people too. Might be one of the reasons Mad is going away.
    And as someone allegedly died to upthread, Mad has a sweet-spot age of young adults. Too naughty for kids, too juvenile for many adults.

But oh, how it hit that sweet spot!

In DC today (the irony that this is the year I chose to go down to the mall given my political sensibilities) to see the parade and fireworks. The parade was underwhelming but participants put their hearts into it. Congrats to Hoke County NCHigh School band for securing the parade’s closing act. Saw scant few demonstators, and one military vehicle— no one in your face yelling political shibboleths of one sort or another. Folks just out enjoying the day. I did get a chuckle out of the “Pinochet did nothing wrong” t-shirt Worn by a young woman who had to be in her 30s. She must’ve been very politically aware as a toddler.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And as someone allegedly died to upthread, Mad has a sweet-spot age of young adults. Too naughty for kids, too juvenile for many adults.

But oh, how it hit that sweet spot!
    And nowadays, how many "young adults" purchase magazines?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Oh, I'm fine, but I posted in that other thread...
    Stop that! ;-) I have posted there some too, but, I have started to ask myself, is what I have to say really worth risking an LTE takeover? The answer is almost always no.

“And as California slides into the ocean
    Like the mystics and statistics say it will
    I predict this hotel will be standing
    Until I pay my bill...”

— Warren Zevon

Mad Magazine is ending publication. Sad times.
    Very sad, indeed. 😢

someone allegedly died
    Damn, someone died in this thread? Top that Ymmm, Beer!

Damn, someone died in this thread? Top that Ymmm, Beer!
    autocorrect kills.

And Chatbot hates me, but that’s a different thread and site.

Send thoughts/prayers/vibes out to my sister-in-law. She is having some kind of liver issue that is causing the doctors to induce her labor today, a couple of weeks early.

Excited to be an uncle, but nervous from the circumstances!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Send thoughts/prayers/vibes out to my sister-in-law. She is having some kind of liver issue that is causing the doctors to induce her labor today, a couple of weeks early.

{{{{{{{{{{good vibes}}}}}}}}}}

Vibes to your sister in law and your niece/nephew to be from South Central Texas.

And Chatbot hates me, but that’s a different thread and site.
    Chatbot view all chatters as equal, but some chatters are more equal than others.

Chatbot view all chatters as equal, but some chatters are more equal than others.
    Chatbot has an Orwellian fixation on me, so that quote makes sense.

I re-read Animal Farm about six months ago, I enjoyed it much more as fun reading than as required reading in high school. Maybe because it was voluntary, maybe because the analogies are much more natural to me at this age than they were when I was sixteen. Either way, I recommend picking it up if anyone wants a fun little read.

Chatbot has an Orwellian fixation on me, so that quote makes sense.

I re-read Animal Farm about six months ago, I enjoyed it much more as fun reading than as required reading in high school. Maybe because it was voluntary, maybe because the analogies are much more natural to me at this age than they were when I was sixteen. Either way, I recommend picking it up if anyone wants a fun little read.
    I have never before heard Animal Farm described that way. Other fun little summer reads might include Heart of Darkness or Ethan Frome. Oh, Lolita, different style but another fun little read. That said, I do think one problem with many American productions of Chekov is that they miss the humor. Chekov's plays are funny, (except for Three Sisters).

All the good vibes coming from just around the corner.

When my sister went into labor and they did an emergency C-Section, I stressed so hard I sent myself into the first migraine I had experienced in almost twenty years. It is hard to be so emotionally attached to something you have no control over.

I used to think that I was getting too old to wake up early and smoke a brisket.

Now, I’m at the age where I wake up at three or four anyway, so might as well go smoke some meat.

Keep us posted! Vibes sent!

I used to think that I was getting too old to wake up early and smoke a brisket.

Now, I’m at the age where I wake up at three or four anyway, so might as well go smoke some meat.
    Maybe I should change avocations and start a side business on the weekends.

Keep us posted! Vibes sent!
    5cm as of an hour or so ago. Hopefully not too much longer