Page 1436 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 4369361336138614261434143514361437143814461486153619362436 ... LastLast
Results 28,701 to 28,720 of 67373
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Short week.

Hoping I get an offer today...
    Sending good mojo

Short week.

Good luck!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Monday, Monday
    My freshman year, the author of the "Monday, Monday" column in The Chronicle suggested a food fight in the C.I. It happened. Uncle Terry was mighty displeased.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Short week.

I hope so too!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    My freshman year, the author of the "Monday, Monday" column in The Chronicle suggested a food fight in the C.I. It happened. Uncle Terry was mighty displeased.
    I'm a couple of years older than you are then, what class were you? This happened during my time at Duke but not my freshman year. Also, that columnist? Was a wanker. And not funny. He lived in BOG and it's one thing to write a humor column, it's quite another to use said humor column to air personal grievances. It's even worse when you are the un-named target of said grievance but anybody who knows you can figure out that it's you (and the author does not know you and does not even bother trying to talk to you.) And when the reason for said grievance is based on a falsehood, it's really, really bad, at least for a few days. If it had been bad for longer than a few days, I would have filed complaint with Dean Sue to get him removed from writing that column. And the people who did know me (and were angry with me) at least had the decency to talk to me about it. I was able to convince them that the "offending party" was not me. It's wasn't much of an offense, but it got blown out of proportion because of that wanker. Can you tell I do not have fond memories of BCG? They guy before him? Was funny. He originated the column but I don't remember his initials. I met him once though. He was a senior when I was a freshman and was the basis for the character played by Andrew McCarthy in St. Elmo's Fire.

Actually, I'm forgetting one. There was the original guy. Then TAB. Then BCG for my final two years. I think the food fight was my junior year which makes you Class of '87, OPK?

Unless BCG didn't instigate the food fight. But in my memory the wanker and the food fight starter were the same guy.

Actually, I'm forgetting one. There was the original guy. Then TAB. Then BCG for my final two years. I think the food fight was my junior year which makes you Class of '87, OPK?
    T-'88. IIRC, that column was the fall of '84 although maybe the spring of '85.

Sorry to hear about your experience, that sounds like an unfair situation.

T-'88. IIRC, that column was the fall of '84 although maybe the spring of '85.

Sorry to hear about your experience, that sounds like an unfair situation.
    That was my senior year. Yeah, BCG was my year and he phoned in that column second semester of what was also his senior year. It was full of complaints about anybody and everybody that got on his nerves. Every week. It was tiresome. I remember thinking at the time that I should have tried to get the gig. Everybody read that column and it was so, so, so bad by the end of his tenure. I hope the next person The Chronicle chose was better.

That was my senior year. Yeah, BCG was my year and he phoned in that column second semester of what was also his senior year. It was full of complaints about anybody and everybody that got on his nerves. Every week. It was tiresome. I remember thinking at the time that I should have tried to get the gig. Everybody read that column and it was so, so, so bad by the end of his tenure. I hope the next person The Chronicle chose was better.
    I was probably still too clueless to know much about the objects of his rantings. But that as you describe is both unprofessional and unnecessary.

Anonymous snark has a limit.

(Except for my postings on DBR, of course, which taps from an unlimited well of seething and discordant grievances. It's a hobby.)

Festivus is still 5 months away...

I was probably still too clueless to know much about the objects of his rantings. But that as you describe is both unprofessional and unnecessary.

Anonymous snark has a limit.

(Except for my postings on DBR, of course, which taps from an unlimited well of seething and discordant grievances. It's a hobby.)
    Agreed. He reached his about 4 months before he graduated.

Much of Monday, Monday eluded me during my undergrad years.

...Anonymous snark has a limit.

Oh getouttahere! Show of hands, who thinks OPK is anything other than the nicest guy here?!

I'll see anybody with their hand up out back behind the dumpsters. Free whupping to anyone who disagrees.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Oh getouttahere! Show of hands, who thinks OPK is anything other than the nicest guy here?!

I'll see anybody with their hand up out back behind the dumpsters. Free whupping to anyone who disagrees.
    Oh, you’d be surprised. Not everyone has the magnanimous equanimity of spirit that you have.

It’s a cruel and misguided world out there.

I'm a very lucky person. Day 2 of family bike trip is in the books. Nice ride, not very long. Rest of the day was spent hanging out. Dinner was Ginger Lime grilled chicken, tomato watermelon salad, and rice.

Day 3 will add a couple more to the group - a couple of BiL Alan 's sisters will be joining us.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm a very lucky person. Day 2 of family bike trip is in the books. Nice ride, not very long. Rest of the day was spent hanging out. Dinner was Ginger Lime grilled chicken, tomato watermelon salad, and rice.

Day 3 will add a couple more to the group - a couple of BiL Alan 's sisters will be joining us.
    Sounds wonderful! Hope the weather is nice and the ground is flat.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

Is it true that you can coast from one side of Kansas to the other without pedaling? Or is that just rural legend?

( I note that in fact the highest point is but 400 ft. lower elevation than Vermont's...shows what i know)

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Is it true that you can coast from one side of Kansas to the other without pedaling? Or is that just rural legend?

( I note that in fact the highest point is but 400 ft. lower elevation than Vermont's...shows what i know)
    What is the highest peak in Vermont?

What is the highest peak in Vermont?
    Mt Mansfield, 4393 ft, the peak happens to be in our wee town of Underhill, though often Stowe gets the miscredit...but we begin pretty much at sea level, not sure if Kansas cheats like many Western states do, e.g. Denver is flat as a board, but is at 5280 feet...a foot high gopher hill there could be called a 5281 ft peak I suppose..