Page 97 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 478795969798991071471975971097 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 67238
    I'm getting ready to pass here any minute now...

Red face Nowhere near catching up...

All of you had a bit of a head start - but then, it took me a while to discover the OTB.

Finale

Geez, how much does that suck for Amanda? As they pointed out - 2 back-to-back final 2's and 2 straight losses. It's hard to really feel bad for somebody who just won $200,000, but I think she deserved to win.

Other random thoughts: Natalie takes the cake as weirdest and most inappropriate jury question ever! She is totally nuts. What was she expecting Parvati to say? Was she expecting a marriage proposal of some sort?

Also, it never fails to amaze me how awful the hair, make-up, and wardrobe people are for the Survivor reunion show. They're so bad that people actually look better on the island unshowered, unshaven, and wearing rags than in a TV studio. What was up with Amanda's hair?? Why were all the women wearing earrings 10 sizes too big for their heads? And why does these people still have jobs after consistently failing for 7 years now?

Does anyone else think that Amanda and Parv BOTH looked a hell of a lot better sans makeup? I thought they were both naturally gorgeous and then on the live show looked hideous. (edit: Just saw blublood's post above, and Im in full agreement) Anyways, Natalie is a freak and needs psychiatric help.

Glad though that neither she nor Cirie won, and also glad that James won the 100K, he deserved it.

Amanda is just the worst jury question answerer in the history of Survivor. I am convinced she had at least 5 of the votes going into the jury questions and she blew it.

When Cerie asked why Parv was more deserving of the million, the obvious easy answer is, "she's not more deserving. I wanted to keep you away from the jury because you are a brilliant strategic player and are great at answering questions. I wanted to sit next to someone who was less deserving than you. I wanted to sit next to the person who engineered the ouster of everyone over there. I would have lost to you, Cerie, which is why I could not take you with me to the finals."

That would have flipped Cerie's vote, for sure.

I also think Amanda should have done more to point out how Parv backstabbed every single person on the jury. Heck, Parv is the one who kept the Amanda's immunity idol secret from Nat and Alexis allowing Alexis to be booted.

Oh, and Natalie's question was unreal. She was deep into a lesbian fantasy about Parvati and just weanted to know what kind of a wild animal Parv would be in the sack... wow! Talk about inappropriate!! Did anyone else notice Parv giving Nat's butt a squeeze as they walked to the final 4 Tribal Council! Parv will flirt with anyone if it gives her an advantage.

This edition of Survivor was great with tons of backstabbing and unpredictible results, but I hate that strong, solid platyers James and Penner were taken off for injury. It was probably too late for James, he was on the outside looking in at a dominant alliance he never could have broken, but I think Penner could have been in an interesting position if he stuck around. He is a smart player and I bet he would have sniffed out the strong female alliance and tried to do something about it.

The game really turned when that idiot Joel took out Mikey B and started a run of eliminating strong players earlier than usual. That is what set it up for the female alliance to dominate the game.

-Jason "how many times has a physically strong player won the game? Only twice, I think" Evans

Oh no! The longest thread slipped to page 2. We can't let this happen. Seriously, I'm not just padding my post count. The longest thread must stay on page 1.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Amanda is just the worst jury question answerer in the history of Survivor. I am convinced she had at least 5 of the votes going into the jury questions and she blew it.

When Cerie asked why Parv was more deserving of the million, the obvious easy answer is, "she's not more deserving. I wanted to keep you away from the jury because you are a brilliant strategic player and are great at answering questions. I wanted to sit next to someone who was less deserving than you. I wanted to sit next to the person who engineered the ouster of everyone over there. I would have lost to you, Cerie, which is why I could not take you with me to the finals."

That would have flipped Cerie's vote, for sure.

I also think Amanda should have done more to point out how Parv backstabbed every single person on the jury. Heck, Parv is the one who kept the Amanda's immunity idol secret from Nat and Alexis allowing Alexis to be booted.

Oh, and Natalie's question was unreal. She was deep into a lesbian fantasy about Parvati and just weanted to know what kind of a wild animal Parv would be in the sack... wow! Talk about inappropriate!! Did anyone else notice Parv giving Nat's butt a squeeze as they walked to the final 4 Tribal Council! Parv will flirt with anyone if it gives her an advantage.

This edition of Survivor was great with tons of backstabbing and unpredictible results, but I hate that strong, solid platyers James and Penner were taken off for injury. It was probably too late for James, he was on the outside looking in at a dominant alliance he never could have broken, but I think Penner could have been in an interesting position if he stuck around. He is a smart player and I bet he would have sniffed out the strong female alliance and tried to do something about it.

The game really turned when that idiot Joel took out Mikey B and started a run of eliminating strong players earlier than usual. That is what set it up for the female alliance to dominate the game.

-Jason "how many times has a physically strong player won the game? Only twice, I think" Evans
    Ethan and Tom? to answer the last question.

I have to say I agree with almost everything else you summarized about the final episode and the season. Amanda had the entire jury for the taking after she played the idol. It was her game to lose and she did just that by:

-- coming into the final 3 tribal council with those sad eyes, sobbing about how hard it was to vote out Cirie and then calling Cirie out for stating the truth about being the low person in every alliance.

-- not pointing out the Parvati was the schemer, backstabber behind the whole women's alliance, lied to almost everyone on the jury, whereas she (Amanda) didn't break her word to anyone, other than Erik, but only after Erik tried to get her voted out.

-- not pointing out that she won the last two challenges (probably saving herself both times because she was viewed as unbeatable in the eyes of the jury and therefore and opponent nobody wanted to go against).

I agree her answer to Cirie's question was horrendous as was her opening statement where she should have highlighted how in a season of lying and backstabbing, she made it to the finals without lying to anyone, was successful in challenges, and found and played the idol.

I also had a similar thought about the way the season progressed watching the reunion show. I would have much rather seen the last few weeks involve some of Mikey, Tracey, Jonathan, James and even Yau Man than Jason, Erik and Natalie. And Joel is totally to blame for blowing up the season by taking out Mikey B. at a point when it was way to early to be making moves like that.

Yes, also caught that little grab of Natalie's I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. by Parvati.

By the way, the answer you suggested that Amanda should have given to Cirie was the answer Todd gave to Jean-Robert last season which I think won him the million bucks.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Oh no! The longest thread slipped to page 2. We can't let this happen. Seriously, I'm not just padding my post count. The longest thread must stay on page 1.
    I was going to rescue it earlier, but by my post count, I'm obviously trying to avoid being accused of padding it.

Cool antiques you own.

I, EarlJam, being somewhat of a U.S. History buff, am interested to know what cool antiques, you own. Especially interested in things passed down through your family over the years (i.e., you know the history of the piece).

Not really talking about furniture. More like, cool stuff. Also, doesn't have to be an "official" antique either. For instance, I have a VCR that I saved up for and helped purchase in 1980. It still works like a charm (how do charms work anyway?).

One of the things I treasure is a pair of cigarette lighters from WWI - From my grandfather. He brought them back from Europe in 1917. Made of brass shells from morters with the cities they went through engraved in the side. Also, a French coin is affixed to them. Very cool piece.

Others?

-EJ

Your mama's an antique.

A Stein and Goldstein full sized wood carved carousel horse circa 1912.

and EarlJam's Mom.

I've got my grandfather's old glass cocktail shaker from the 1950s. It has a bunch of drink recipes on the side as well, mostly for things that don't get ordered a whole lot nowadays (brandy alexander, sidecar, etc.).

And I don't know whether these qualify as antiques, but I have my dad's copies of several Hardy Boys books that he read back in the 50s as well.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

A 1924 highway map of North Carolina, produced by the state.

Also, a similar map of the Chicago area, produced by Cook County around 1930.

I have USGS topos from the southern Appalachians from 1901 or so. Most of the listed peaks are off in elevation by 30-40 feet from what we use today.

Finally, a North Carolina road map with the coolest cover ever made, from Shell Oil in 1932.

http://maps.lib.msu.edu/miroadmaps/shell_1932_det.htm (Mine says "North Carolina" instead of "Detroit".)

Smile

My great great great uncle's letters home from the civil war. Poor guy ended up in Andersonville. He survived though.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post

I have USGS topos from the southern Appalachians from 1901 or so. Most of the listed peaks are off in elevation by 30-40 feet from what we use today.
    Pretty impressive given we use satellites now to get our numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanSD View Post
    My great great great uncle's letters home from the civil war. Poor guy ended up in Andersonville. He survived though.
    Oh wow. That's awesome. How many letters? Those would be a facinating read, especially considering they were written by a family member.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfrosh View Post
    A Stein and Goldstein full sized wood carved carousel horse circa 1912.

and EarlJam's Mom.
    I don't know which is worse, having my beloved mother called an antique by you and Wilson or you both writing or alluding to the fact that you "own" her.

Probably the former since she DID express that she enjoyed yours and Wilson's company. By the way, she nicknamed you, "Tiny."

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    I don't know which is worse, having my beloved mother called an antique by you and Wilson or you both writing or alluding to the fact that you "own" her.

Probably the former since she DID express that she enjoyed yours and Wilson's company. By the way, she nicknamed you, "Tiny."

-EarlJam
    You're misinterpreting my post. I never claimed to own your mama; I merely stated that she is an antique.
    I don't yet own much in the way of cool antiques, but I stand to inherit more than I know what to do with from my grandparents someday...literally too much to list here.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Oh wow. That's awesome. How many letters? Those would be a facinating read, especially considering they were written by a family member.
    There are about 3 or 4. I haven't looked at them in a long time because I don't like to handle them too much. They don't really say to much about the war. Mostly, he seems terribly lonely for home, asking about family stuff or passing on news of family friend's other relatives in his unit. But it is fascinating to read them and think of where he was when he was writing them. It makes learning about the civil war so more real and personal.

my grandfather gave me a toy replica of the car from chitty chitty bang bang. you can pull the lever on the side and the wings pop out. I think he got it in 1968 when the movie came out.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.