Page 1746 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 74612461646169617361744174517461747174817561796184622462746 ... LastLast
Results 34,901 to 34,920 of 67650
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    That’s what Lot said to his wife.
    What happened to Edith? I could use some salt, doing yet another pot roast.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The scale
    Yes. Don't look at that thing. It only leads to you curled up in a hot bath like in The Crying Game.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What happened to Edith? I could use some salt, doing yet another pot roast.
    I have a killer pot roast recipe that Subs in radishes for potatoes. I know that looks like a sentence made by a random word generator.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yes. Don't look at that thing. It only leads to you curled up in a hot bath like in The Crying Game.
    Those are the kind of films I could watch with friends in my youth. I don't have friends like that accessible these days.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Ronnie made it through surgery like a trooper. Doctors report all went well. Everyone agreed it was OK for me to come home and sleep. Heading back to the hospital soon to spend the day.

I stepped out to get something to eat right after Ronnie went in surgery - found a place to get a turkey sandwich. I didn't have anywhere to eat it though, so, I cleared a couple of inches of snow off a bench in a small park and sat there until I noticed the snow was accumulating on my knitting bag. Then I went to the waiting area for another 3 hours. When they let me join him in recovery, the hospital staff brought me something to eat - a turkey sandwich. And a ginger ale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Ronnie made it through surgery like a trooper. Doctors report all went well. Everyone agreed it was OK for me to come home and sleep. Heading back to the hospital soon to spend the day.

I stepped out to get something to eat right after Ronnie went in surgery - found a place to get a turkey sandwich. I didn't have anywhere to eat it though, so, I cleared a couple of inches of snow off a bench in a small park and sat there until I noticed the snow was accumulating on my knitting bag. Then I went to the waiting area for another 3 hours. When they let me join him in recovery, the hospital staff brought me something to eat - a turkey sandwich. And a ginger ale.
    Great to hear! The surgery part. Hopefully he has a quick recovery.

Thanks for the update and I'm thrilled things went well! Sorry you had to eat turkey! I sort of feel like this is a cry for help and if you need me to send better luncheon meat PM me.

better luncheon meat
    I'm fairly certain there are threads about this.

I have a killer pot roast recipe that Subs in radishes for potatoes. I know that looks like a sentence made by a random word generator.
    Keto? Preference? Or are you turning your turkey hate towards tubers now?

Thanks for the update and I'm thrilled things went well! Sorry you had to eat turkey! I sort of feel like this is a cry for help and if you need me to send better luncheon meat PM me.
    When I got the second turkey sandwich of the day, I laughed and thought of you. I didn't mind. I like turkey sandwiches. I'm hoping to eat something else today, of course, but it was fine for one day.

Keto? Preference? Or are you turning your turkey hate towards tubers now?
    Keto. I love potatoes. I miss them so much. I absolutely cannot tell the difference between the radishes in my pot roast recipe and new potatoes. It is absolutely shocking. My wife and daughter are not on keto and absolutely agree with this.

When I got the second turkey sandwich of the day, I laughed and thought of you. I didn't mind. I like turkey sandwiches. I'm hoping to eat something else today, of course, but it was fine for one day.
    I recognize that I have staked out a policy position on turkey that is way too far removed from reality. I have taken a position so extreme that it helped make an entire thread devoted to Turkey. By being an absolute lunatic I have actually spawned turkey love among the good people of (THE) DBR. I assume there is a lesson in there somewhere and I also assume I won't learn it.

Keto. I love potatoes. I miss them so much. I absolutely cannot tell the difference between the radishes in my pot roast recipe and new potatoes. It is absolutely shocking. My wife and daughter are not on keto and absolutely agree with this.
    I used radishes and potatoes in a venison stew recently, and really could not tell an appreciable difference either.

For me, when I go low carb, tortilla chips are the things that I really miss. But if I’m in weight loss mode, those are something I should avoid regardless of the carb plan.

(Down 16 pounds or so since January 1 — six more to go to hit my target!)

I recognize that I have staked out a policy position on turkey that is way too far removed from reality. I have taken a position so extreme that it helped make an entire thread devoted to Turkey. By being an absolute lunatic I have actually spawned turkey love among the good people of (THE) DBR. I assume there is a lesson in there somewhere and I also assume I won't learn it.
    Well, if you ever get depressed and want to think, "At least I'm better off than Person X", feel free to pull up an image of me freezing on a park bench in the middle of a snowstorm trying to finish a turkey sandwich before the snow starts to soak through her clothes and/or knitting bag.

You know, there really is. This thing actually happens a lot in politics. If you were a real politician though, you’d double down and accuse us turkey enthusiasts, aficionados, and turkey curious of engaging in identity politics and supporting communism. That would be false. Turkey is an American bird. The Russians are a goose people.

Happy to hear it! Hope everything continues to go well!

Helen was able to get the people of Argos together by running off with Paris. Doesn’t make her a hero.

And Bd — glad to hear the good news!

I used radishes and potatoes in a venison stew recently, and really could not tell an appreciable difference either.

For me, when I go low carb, tortilla chips are the things that I really miss. But if I’m in weight loss mode, those are something I should avoid regardless of the carb plan.

(Down 16 pounds or so since January 1 — six more to go to hit my target!)
    Whoa! Strong work! I have lost maybe an inch to inch and a half off the waistline with that new push up routine I have started. I haven't jumped on the scale because I am adding muscle and theoretically could be a little heavier right now than I was in January (170). I am noticeably leaner in the midsection and broader in the chest and shoulders, which is a great trade.

Whoa! Strong work! I have lost maybe an inch to inch and a half off the waistline with that new push up routine I have started. I haven't jumped on the scale because I am adding muscle and theoretically could be a little heavier right now than I was in January (170). I am noticeably leaner in the midsection and broader in the chest and shoulders, which is a great trade.
    I can definitely see the difference in my shoulder and upper torso from my (lesser) push-up challenge. Most of the weight loss though is likely due to changes in diet.

But there’s a separate thread for that, so I’ll leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You know, there really is. This thing actually happens a lot in politics. If you were a real politician though, you’d double down and accuse us turkey enthusiasts, aficionados, and turkey curious of engaging in identity politics and supporting communism. That would be false. Turkey is an American bird. The Russians are a goose people.
    My wife gets a turkey sub from Jimmy John's that she can only eat about half of. Since my gastric rapacity knows no satiety, I pick the rest of that sandwich apart. And with the turkey and cheese and mustard and mayo and lettuce and pickles it is pretty darn good. If pictures of me eating it ever come out it is my Cancun moment.