Page 143 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 43931331411421431441451531932436431143 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The duck would be a "wild card" duck. It might be one of your handsome mallards, but it might be a white one. You won't find out until after you choose the duck.
    As for the tail, it would stick straight out from the body, but it would also be of sufficient heft that it would hang down pretty quickly after that. It could be tucked, but with a perpendicular portion at its base...does that make sense? There would be a slight protuberance in your pants/skirt. Not overtly obvious, but definitely noticeable should one's eyes pass over it. It would also have light hair...much like on, say, your forearms (if your forearms are of the hairier variety, then your tail would be too).
    So in sum, there would be definite drawbacks to both situation, but also, if you're twisted enough (*cough* EarlJam *cough*), a certain charm to each.
    That's pretty specific. You've clearly spent a lot of time thinking about this dilemma. That's a little on the scary side.

Shameless

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    just posting extra to stay ahead of Fish80 on the thread
    Self serving posts to pad post counts? Shameless or shameful?

There's something horribly wrong with the LTE post counter, I just posted and my thread post count did not change. Let me check again.

Sweet, now I've passed DevilDeac!

Tip du jour:

Apparently, the thread post counter stays opened in a little window. To get a refreshed count, you need to close out the window and click back into the thread post count.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The duck would be a "wild card" duck. It might be one of your handsome mallards, but it might be a white one. You won't find out until after you choose the duck.
    As for the tail, it would stick straight out from the body, but it would also be of sufficient heft that it would hang down pretty quickly after that. It could be tucked, but with a perpendicular portion at its base...does that make sense? There would be a slight protuberance in your pants/skirt. Not overtly obvious, but definitely noticeable should one's eyes pass over it. It would also have light hair...much like on, say, your forearms (if your forearms are of the hairier variety, then your tail would be too).
    So in sum, there would be definite drawbacks to both situation, but also, if you're twisted enough (*cough* EarlJam *cough*), a certain charm to each.
    This "wild card" duck doesn't fly.

As long as we're negotiating, I don't want a tail that sticks straight out from the body. Give me a tail that dangles down properly, or a very attractive mallard duck that doesn't poop a lot, or a very cool cormorant and waterfront property. In return, you can have either a date with Cameron Diaz or a banana split with your choice of toppings.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    In return, you can have either a date with Cameron Diaz or a banana split with your choice of toppings.
    1) I'll take the banana split...
    2) There aren't any ducks that can't fly, right? So, I think you are stuck with the "wild card". Now, emus and ostriches may be another story. But that would obviously be a different one than the one we are discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    1) I'll take the banana split...
    2) There aren't any ducks that can't fly, right? So, I think you are stuck with the "wild card". Now, emus and ostriches may be another story. But that would obviously be a different one than the one we are discussing.
    Cayuga ducks can't fly. They are too fat. Or their wings are too small. I'm told they are very tasty, and lay good eggs.

Does the duck quack vociferously?

lte

Self serving posts to pad post counts? Shameless or shameful?
    yes
    probably both

lte

Sweet, now I've passed DevilDeac!

Tip du jour:

Apparently, the thread post counter stays opened in a little window. To get a refreshed count, you need to close out the window and click back into the thread post count.
    curses, still 2 behind

lte

still lurking behind Fish80 but not for long

You can do it!

Have you come down from your vacation high yet? Lost that rested and relaxed feeling?

lte

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    You can do it!

Have you come down from your vacation high yet? Lost that rested and relaxed feeling?
    I think I can, I think I can...

Yes and yes. The 1st week back was a killer with several 12 hour days and not much sleep so I could catch up on all the personal business in addition to work in the evenings to catch up on the daytime career. Thanks again for your suggestions. Did you ever receive my PM?

lte

shamefully forging ahead of Fish80 on the LTE leader board.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    shamefully forging ahead of Fish80 on the LTE leader board.
    Sneaking ahead while I'm sleeping, is that fair?

Speaking of ducks that can't fly, was the dodo bird a duck? It looked like a duck and quacked like a duck. Wiki says it was a bird, close relative of the pigeon and dove. Still looks like a duck to me.

Tip du jour:
    Some ducks are very fast, reaching speeds up to 60 mph.

Ha ha, devildeac, I've taken the lead. With legitimate posts with genuine content about real matters such as ducks and the like. And during normal posting hours.

I love the smell of victory in the morning!!!

lte

Sneaking ahead while I'm sleeping, is that fair?
    you snooze, you looze

lte

Ha ha, devildeac, I've taken the lead. With legitimate posts with genuine content about real matters such as ducks and the like. And during normal posting hours.

I love the smell of victory in the morning!!!
    "legitimate posts", "genuine content", "real matters"-surely you jest?

That would be like posting about posting milestones, beer reviews or diseases like "PW'ing".

Tied! Perhaps we should set our sites on Wilson. Only 6 posts ahead, definitely within reach.

Just to keep the post legitimate, I will mention duck tales. Duck tales.

He (that's me) takes the lead again!

Here's an idea: let's put the tail on the duck, and then have the duck follow Earljam! Brilliant!