Page 2460 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 14601960236024102450245824592460246124622470251025602960 ... LastLast
Results 49,181 to 49,200 of 67649
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I filed the documents with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts today to make my theater company an LLC.
    \\\

That was pounded in my head at b-school, whatever you do, set up the LLC. Unfortunately, I've never undertaken an activity that would require one.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You’re in a tough spot. If you contest it, you likely have to take a day off to go back there on the court date. Then there will be a trial where you testify, the local cop testifies, and the local judge likely believes the local cop. It sounds like a simple “he said/she said” with no third party witnesses, and you ain’t from around there.

You may be able to call the court and ask who the prosecutor/solicitor is, and then call them to see if you can make a deal. Of course, anything you say can and will be used against you. But you may be able to enter a nolo contendere (“no contest” — not an admission of guilt but not contesting the charge) and pay a reduced fine to resolve.

I hate to give the real answer — hire a local lawyer if you want to fight it — but that is the best (yet most expensive) answer. The key word there is local. But that likely costs more than the ticket.

Again, you’re in a tough spot.
    Yeah. I don't care about being right honestly. Cheapest and most expedient without costing me on insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yeah. I don't care about being right honestly. Cheapest and most expedient without costing me on insurance.

So, having access to underwiring data, any reasonably good insurance company will find that violation. The real question is how much they will charge for it.

Perhaps ask the court if you can take an online class to keep it off your record? I know here in TX there are companies that specialize in such things for Texans.

Both games on at the same time. Both teams losing by 7.

Two losses, in different fashion but same root cause.

Loved the effort by Duke to get back in that game. Great game and great effort on the road.

Upon further reflection, this is a pretty harsh thing to screech in public at someone and I cannot condone:

"True love saved her in the Fire Swamp, and she treated it like garbage! And that's what she is! The Queen of Refuse! So bow down to her if you want! Bow to her! Bow to the Queen of Slime! The Queen of Filth! The Queen of Putrescence!"

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Upon further reflection, this is a pretty harsh thing to screech in public at someone and I cannot condone:

"True love saved her in the Fire Swamp, and she treated it like garbage! And that's what she is! The Queen of Refuse! So bow down to her if you want! Bow to her! Bow to the Queen of Slime! The Queen of Filth! The Queen of Putrescence!"
    ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sss

That was from Audrey the cat.

Gotta call it like ‘ya see it.

In the words of Dani Rojas — “harsh, but fair.”

Actually, one of my favorite quotes. And I can recite that entire film EXCEPT for that one line from Miracle Max. Even Closed Captioning says something like "UNINTELLIGIBLE".

Anyone know WHAT he is saying there? The one thing I would like to ask Billy Crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Actually, one of my favorite quotes. And I can recite that entire film EXCEPT for that one line from Miracle Max. Even Closed Captioning says something like "UNINTELLIGIBLE".

Anyone know WHAT he is saying there? The one thing I would like to ask Billy Crystal.
    Pretty sure he says, “Krzyzewski!”

Eureka!!!

Cannot spork.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post

We're reading The Princess Bride in class right now (fabulous read, btw, even if you've already seen the movie), and will be watching the film in a few weeks once we're done.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sss

That was from Audrey the cat.
    My thought this morning on the other hand was we've not had enough Princess Bride references lately. Then this suddenly appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    We're reading The Princess Bride in class right now (fabulous read, btw, even if you've already seen the movie), and will be watching the film in a few weeks once we're done.
    Take a survey, please, and ask your students what the hell is he saying?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I bet pretty much every student who puts forth any effort at all thinks of you as their favorite teacher.
    Last edited by ClemmonsDevil; 01-19-2022 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Down with the patriarchy

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    My thought this morning on the other hand was we've not had enough Princess Bride references lately. Then this suddenly appeared.
    How is your angry cat Ymo?

I bet pretty much every student who puts forth any effort at all thinks of you as their favorite teacher.
    Right? And then just imagine him with ABS (fitness thread). He’d be rolling into school like:

0196D5A7-4A5B-4BB8-8DF3-79EE0704FD7F.jpg

Right? And then just imagine him with ABS (fitness thread). He’d be rolling into school like:

0196D5A7-4A5B-4BB8-8DF3-79EE0704FD7F.jpg
    Like I assume that is his teaching outfit everyday.

...and that's before I break out the party tray of MLTs.