Page 592 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 9249254258259059159259359460264269210921592 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,840 of 67371
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Hey, all! I just created a group in the ESPN Tournament Challenge. The group name is "DBR LTE", and the password is "pastrami". Somehow I suspect who we'll all choose to win the tourney...
    I submitted my picks to the DBR LTE bracket.

Unfortunately, I'm showing up under my former last name, and I don't know how to fix that.

1. I do not fill out brackets anymore. The last one I filled out was in 1999. 'Nuff said.

2. I'm in my hotel room in Minny. It's not all that cold (said in the hopes that it doesn't get colder as the week progresses). Did I just jinx that?

3. Sigh.

4. Sigh again.

5. I hope this isn't a short trip, a la last year.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    1. I do not fill out brackets anymore. The last one I filled out was in 1999. 'Nuff said.

2. I'm in my hotel room in Minny. It's not all that cold (said in the hopes that it doesn't get colder as the week progresses). Did I just jinx that?

3. Sigh.

4. Sigh again.

5. I hope this isn't a short trip, a la last year.
    Did you locate any of your lost posts up there?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Did you locate any of your lost posts up there?
    Well I didn't lose any last night, but I'll check in the morning to see if the rest of the AWOL posts are lying around hiding out in Minny.

Oh, I almost forgot.

6. I hate domes.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Oh, I almost forgot.

6. I hate domes.
    Basketball was not meant to be played in a Dome. Parking around that one is atrocious. Benefit of a rental car - you don't mind going down a small grass hill and a curb to avoid traffic.

I hope you are there for the full weekend. Have a good time - if you need Minny/St. P info, I've got a nephew up there.

I was in that Dome for a football game (battle for the Little Brown Jug). It was way colder inside than I was expecting.

Argh.

I'm trying to fill in my brackets tonight, and I'm just not satisfied. I might get booed off the board, but I have Duke making it to the final game, and that just doesn't feel right. But, I don't see them losing to Texas, and then from there... well, darn it, I'm just too much of a fan to think DeJuan Blair can get the best of us two years in a row.

I also have Gonzaga beating UNC because, well, it's UNC.

I guess either I look like a basketball genius, or an utter fool. I normally wouldn't care, but my office pool (bragging rights only) is being run by an anti-Duke Michigan fan. And about 50% of my colleagues don't know anything about American college basketball, so it'd be really embarrassing to not be in at least the top 25% of the group.

Harumph. Why does it seem harder this year than years past?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I submitted my picks to the DBR LTE bracket.

Unfortunately, I'm showing up under my former last name, and I don't know how to fix that.
    I'm in, too.

CathyCA, you are able to change your bracket pick name by clicking on the name.

I had trouble with my bracket as well. One of them has the UConnVicts in the Final Four. AARGH! I do have 2 brackets choosing Duke to win.

Hopefully more of you will join CathyCA, DA, and I in the tourney challenge.

I had trouble with my bracket as well. One of them has the UConnVicts in the Final Four. AARGH! I do have 2 brackets choosing Duke to win.

Hopefully more of you will join CathyCA, DA, and I in the tourney challenge.
    I had computer challenges last night. I hope I'm in but will try to check this am. Will also need to buy a new computer as mine will no longer boot up at home. It tells me it is missing a Windows file and, of course, I have no idea how to get the file and put it back on since computers don't like to include program files anymore. Can I use my XP upgrade disk to find the file to put on a computer that I didn't use this upgrade on? (Bad grammar, I know but sometimes sentences feel awkward when you reword them to avoid ending in a preposition.)

And wasn't that a great rambling post above. I need more sleep and less frustration. A Duke win will help. And a new computer today so I can watch the game at home tonight.

Smile

I went with the EK Forum yahoo tournament challenge (it was posted before this one). I can barely keep track of one bracket, so I have abstained from the LTE group bracket on ESPN.

In any case, I have Duke 72 - Louisville 69 in the final game, thereby avenging the 1986 debacle by the same score (good guys win this time). Back then, it was Never Nervous Pervis. This year it will be, quoting the name of another DBR poster, the Brian Zoubek Experience!!

In G we trust!!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I'm wearing my new 2009 ACC Champions t-shirt and my 9F button. I'm ready for the game, but can't watch it - I'm off to choir practice. LGD! Shin Kickers, unite!

I'm wearing my new 2009 ACC Champions t-shirt and my 9F button. I'm ready for the game, but can't watch it - I'm off to choir practice. LGD! Shin Kickers, unite!
    Have fun at choir. Handbells were cancelled tonight so I'm going to work late and then watch the game here. No working computers at home to view.

Hey, all! I just created a group in the ESPN Tournament Challenge. The group name is "DBR LTE", and the password is "pastrami". Somehow I suspect who we'll all choose to win the tourney...
    Just added my bracket to the group. I guess I won't be getting any extra points for picking Duke to win it all like I would in any other group

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm a citizen of Zoubekistan.

I've already done brackets for 4 different pools. I can't face anymore. But good luck to all who entered here. I didn't really have it in me this year so lord knows who I picked although in one I have Oklahoma winning it all. I emailed the picks to the guy who runs the pool and told him I don't know how I got to a place where I picked Oklahoma to win it all but, you know, that's as good a pick as any. (I don't always pick Duke to win but I never pick that other school, you know the one, never pick them. Unlike the president.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm a citizen of Zoubekistan.

I've already done brackets for 4 different pools. I can't face anymore. But good luck to all who entered here. I didn't really have it in me this year so lord knows who I picked although in one I have Oklahoma winning it all. I emailed the picks to the guy who runs the pool and told him I don't know how I got to a place where I picked Oklahoma to win it all but, you know, that's as good a pick as any. (I don't always pick Duke to win but I never pick that other school, you know the one, never pick them. Unlike the president.)
    If Duke doesn't win, I hope Oklahoma does. That's saying a lot, since AR fans tend to not like OK too much. Capel is a great coach.

In our little mini-pool, DA is ahead after the first round. Of course, a lot can change today, but she's got a very healthy lead so far.

Capel is a great coach.

In our little mini-pool, DA is ahead after the first round. Of course, a lot can change today, but she's got a very healthy lead so far.
    DA's just manipulating the software to make it look like she's ahead! LOL!

I never had the time to enter before the deadline, but you can put me down for picking Duke to win it all!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Gee, 7 "last posts" in a row on a Friday morning. Glad someone isn't working too hard

I was going to post a "picture" of them, but the error message popped up telling me I had 30 images in the post and that is not allowed. Dumb software
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com