Page 2036 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 103615361936198620262034203520362037203820462086213625363036 ... LastLast
Results 40,701 to 40,720 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Do you know if that's the problem or if they just don't do it themselves because you do it for them and they never have to take responsibility? I'm not a dog owner, so I don't know the answer to this. I'm just wondering.
    No, dogs are very interested in their own butts. It’s their mechanical limitations. They got no phalanges.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    No, dogs are very interested in their own butts. It’s their mechanical limitations. They got no phalanges.
    Okay. I accept this. Sometimes it's just important to ask the hard-hitting questions.

This seems like a design flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I agree with this. I assume the update will have thumbs.

Wait. So I make the obvious gas joke about one of your posts and you demure, but then you take the same opportunity and we are supposed to celebrate this?
    That's life in the LTE.

That's life in the LTE.
    Ain't that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    On Friday our son graduated from VaTech. A great day and accomplishment for a fine young man.

Yesterday, I shaved my beard(!), clambered into my uniform for the first time in 10+ years, and commissioned him a 2ndLt in the USMC. The uniform was a "dad prank" - as only my bride knew of my intention. The rest of the family was totally unprepared - and the prankster in me was appropriately rewarded.

My sincere worries that I'd be making his day about me proved unfounded. And our family has photos that could never have been achieved in any other way.

..headed out for a 50 minute jog and to see if the Virginia sunshine can dry my wet cheeks.
    Congratulations to you both!

True. But conflict inspires great art. BostonDevil surely knows this but the Shakespeare line, “Use me but as your spaniel—spurn me, strike me,
    Neglect me, lose me. Only give me leave,
    Unworthy as I am, to follow you” was inspired by the bard’s dog’s own gland dilemmas.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Heading out in a few minutes. Driving to DC today (with plans to fill up before getting all the way, maybe Delaware) then round trip DC to Williamsburg and back on Tuesday, then back to Boston on Wednesday. Picking up T-Bone from W&M.

The Quarantine Adventures of T-Bone and The Drewsk can recommence on Thursday. T-Bone will be the last in the family to be vaxxed. He's the only one without his first shot. He'll get one as soon as I can get him an appointment after we get back. After that, the adventure saga will need a new title. Speaking of adventure sagas, T-Bone will be taking courses in Old English (finally!) and Arthurian Literature in the fall.

True. But conflict inspires great art. BostonDevil surely knows this but the Shakespeare line, “Use me but as your spaniel—spurn me, strike me,
    Neglect me, lose me. Only give me leave,
    Unworthy as I am, to follow you” was inspired by the bard’s dog’s own gland dilemmas.
    Dogs really do seem like so much work. I like that cats don't need much and I sort of like that my cat supplements his diet. That being said, I do I feel like I would enjoy being able to take a dog in the back of a pickup truck and take a dog out to eat at outside restaurants.

Dogs really do seem like so much work. I like that cats don't need much and I sort of like that my cat supplements his diet. That being said, I do I feel like I would enjoy being able to take a dog in the back of a pickup truck and take a dog out to eat at outside restaurants.
    Dogs are a good bit of work up front, and then depending on the breed, the daily "work" is really more fun and a positive introduction to one's routine. Like, it's good for you to go for a walk every day because your animal needs one.
    The emotional companionship is also very real. I've learned that very acutely in the last year-plus.
    I'm not mad at cat lovers (you may not fight me, for example), but cats creep me out. Plus I'm quite allergic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Dogs are a good bit of work up front, and then depending on the breed, the daily "work" is really more fun and a positive introduction to one's routine. Like, it's good for you to go for a walk every day because your animal needs one.
    The emotional companionship is also very real. I've learned that very acutely in the last year-plus.
    I'm not mad at cat lovers (you may not fight me, for example), but cats creep me out. Plus I'm quite allergic anyway.
    As someone with no children, my two dogs and two cats keep me sane. Er, well, slightly moreso.

Also, balanced: two humans, two cats, two dogs.

I am also a closet loner. In a perfect world I would never have a pet. I do like my family and I love to hang out with them. I have been called an omnivert and that sounds right. I love to be around people, but I need to be alone to recharge. This is why travel is good for me, because I get to go be alone and I relish that. Plus I saw that picture man. I would rather fight Aimo and she is TERRIFYING.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Heading out in a few minutes. Driving to DC today (with plans to fill up before getting all the way, maybe Delaware) then round trip DC to Williamsburg and back on Tuesday, then back to Boston on Wednesday. Picking up T-Bone from W&M.

The Quarantine Adventures of T-Bone and The Drewsk can recommence on Thursday. T-Bone will be the last in the family to be vaxxed. He's the only one without his first shot. He'll get one as soon as I can get him an appointment after we get back. After that, the adventure saga will need a new title. Speaking of adventure sagas, T-Bone will be taking courses in Old English (finally!) and Arthurian Literature in the fall.
    Cool! So he’ll know all about post 40708 then!

Catching up . . .

Aimo has done that like 6 times I bet.
    I don't do knives, or Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Pinto beans w/onions, fried fatback, garlic toast. My favorite meal from childhood. We had a big pot of beans on Mondays, then ate leftovers until about Thursday. Never got tired of it.

(The wife is out of town. She won’t let me cook it/eat it when she’s home. She also insists that I indulge at least 24 hours before she returns ... sort of a cooling off period.)
    Your wife is a wise woman.

For me, the definition of who gets to be considered my friend or family has shifted.
    Sadly, this is true for me as well. I have several cousins in whom I am deeply disappointed.

For the first grilling of the season we are going with burgers with blue cheese, balsamic mushrooms and roast garlic.
    Yum! Anything with blue cheese and balsamic, and mushrooms!

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    This.

I do not recommend DIY expressing your dog’s glands.
    Way too much information!

I am also a closet loner. In a perfect world I would never have a pet. I do like my family and I love to hang out with them. I have been called an omnivert and that sounds right. I love to be around people, but I need to be alone to recharge. This is why travel is good for me, because I get to go be alone and I relish that. Plus I saw that picture man. I would rather fight Aimo and she is TERRIFYING.
    I am NOT terrifying. Just don't mess with me.

Went down a slide and swing in a swing for the first time in years this morning.

Went down a slide and swing in a swing for the first time in years this morning.
    I LOVED taking the kids to the parks and playgrounds in the area when they were young. No junk we went 3 or 4 times a week. They got such a kick out of me going down the slide or swinging with them.

I just finished doing my family's taxes. Yeah, it's late, but my father-in-law started special accounts for my kids and nobody told me. They were successful enough accounts that, even though my kids didn't have their own paying jobs during the pandemic and shouldn't have had to file their taxes, it turns out that the investment income meant that they did. Which proved to be one heck of a lot harder to accomplish than I had anticipated.

But the job is finally done, thank goodness, just under the wire.

I LOVED taking the kids to the parks and playgrounds in the area when they were young. No junk we went 3 or 4 times a week. They got such a kick out of me going down the slide or swinging with them.
    I’m a hulking man dad so the slides were tight but we had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I just finished doing my family's taxes. Yeah, it's late, but my father-in-law started special accounts for my kids and nobody told me. They were successful enough accounts that, even though my kids didn't have their own paying jobs during the pandemic and shouldn't have had to file their taxes, it turns out that the investment income meant that they did. Which proved to be one heck of a lot harder to accomplish than I had anticipated.

But the job is finally done, thank goodness, just under the wire.
    Sounds like a good problem!