Page 2176 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 117616762076212621662174217521762177217821862226227626763176 ... LastLast
Results 43,501 to 43,520 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yeah I hope your nephews are okay as well.
    Thanks. I suspect they’ll be fine. They’re all healthy.

Like a lot of families, mine has lost a few to COVID. All extended, all elderly, all with other ailments. It’s been sad though, they’ve often passed relatively alone given the restrictions in the hospitals on access and visitation.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

Like a lot of families, mine has lost a few to COVID. All extended, all elderly, all with other ailments. It’s been sad though, they’ve often passed relatively alone given the restrictions in the hospitals on access and visitation.
    [QUOTE=bundabergdevil;1388595]Thanks. I suspect they’ll be fine. They’re all healthy.

Like a lot of families, mine has lost a few to COVID. All extended, all elderly, all with other ailments. It’s been sad though, t

I have lost 7 Respiratory therapist friends. A bunch of buddies are frontline health care workers. hey’ve often passed relatively alone given the restrictions in the hospitals on access and visitation.
    I have lost 7 Respiratory therapist friends. A bunch of buddies are frontline health care workers.

[QUOTE=ClemmonsDevil;1388596]

Like a lot of families, mine has lost a few to COVID. All extended, all elderly, all with other ailments. It’s been sad though, t

I have lost 7 Respiratory therapist friends. A bunch of buddies are frontline health care workers.
    That's scary.

[QUOTE=Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15;1388597]

That's scary.
    Yep. I'm mad.

[QUOTE=ClemmonsDevil;1388596]

Very sorry to hear that. Healthcare workers have been hit hard in many circumstances. The healthcare talent and resources available to us as as Americans gets taken for granted at times.

Sometimes when I swim laps, I race the person in the lane next to me. They don't know we're racing though.

Sometimes when I swim laps, I race the person in the lane next to me. They don't know we're racing though.
    Channeling your inner Jack Handey?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Do you want me to take a whack at this softball you just lobbed me?

Do you want me to take a whack at this softball you just lobbed me?
    Imma go ahead and do it...ahem, here I go: "Yes, I like to share my deep end thoughts."

The world of bad people keeps expanding too.

The world of bad people keeps expanding too.
    My deep end thoughts joke wasn’t THAT bad!

My deep end thoughts joke wasn’t THAT bad!
    We apparently all get to be judges…

No matter how true it might be, there is simply no nice way to say to someone that they are unqualified to speak on a certain topic. I keep learning this lesson over and over again. Or maybe I keep not learning it?

Fortunately, most us only bang toy mallets and yell at empty courtrooms.

Fortunately, most us only bang toy mallets and yell at empty courtrooms.
    Speak for yourself - I have a real wooden gavel to bang.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Speak for yourself - I have a real wooden gavel to bang.
    Start calling you “Your Honor”!

Ok, question for the group. Apparently, “ “Peter Jackson was being pressured from above to have one of the four Hobbits die in the film, even though they survived in the books. Luckily, Jackson didn’t succumb to the demands of the producers.”

Let’s say PJ loses and has to off a hobbit. Which one do you choose? How does he die? Why?

Ok, question for the group. Apparently, “ “Peter Jackson was being pressured from above to have one of the four Hobbits die in the film, even though they survived in the books. Luckily, Jackson didn’t succumb to the demands of the producers.”

Let’s say PJ loses and has to off a hobbit. Which one do you choose? How does he die? Why?
    Merry or Pippin, to one of Sauruman's minions in the combat at Orthanc. Perhaps the producers thought something like that would add weight to the ending? Except the Scouring of the Shire was not in the movies, so would that have really worked?

Frodo. He is the worst.

That is why I tend to dislike movies. The directors/producers always want to change something from the book that doesn't need changing. The book is almost always better. One exception - How to Make an American Quilt. The book sucked, the movie was slightly better. Only slightly.