Page 1855 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 85513551755180518451853185418551856185718651905195523552855 ... LastLast
Results 37,081 to 37,100 of 67383
    The LTE comes out hot this morning. A few truths I have had to come to terms with, one of which is there is a functional limit on how big my arms will get. And that functional limit is not as big as I would have liked. I wear a cut-off t-shirt to play tennis and basketball, although it may be that I just wear it because I grew up in Surry County. That can't be discounted. If you were to see me I would like for you to think the word "muscular" but you would probably be more inclined to think the word "stocky". It's okay. I have come to recognize that and it's fine. My college roommate was so ripped that he somehow had about 47 ab muscles. I don't look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Last night deer savaged several of Idiot Neighbor's young apple trees which were, ironically, planted to attract deer. The bars of Irish Spring soap he propped in the branches did no good. Much entertainment for Mrs. Womble and me...
    The fact that he is idiot neighbor makes me think of the "Mending Fences" concept of neighbor and not the "To Kill a Mockingbird"/Boo Radley concept of neighbor. This feels very New England to me. And I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    The fact that he is idiot neighbor makes me think of the "Mending Fences" concept of neighbor and not the "To Kill a Mockingbird"/Boo Radley concept of neighbor. This feels very New England to me. And I like it.
    He shoots crows on his lawn because he can; he "sweeps" his driveway of pine needles by running his riding lawnmower up and down the length repeatedly... I'm firmly on the deer side here.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If you are wearing a cut-off t-shirt, it’s open carry.
    A new wrinkle on and old favorite. Very nice.

Last night deer savaged several of Idiot Neighbor's young apple trees which were, ironically, planted to attract deer. The bars of Irish Spring soap he propped in the branches did no good. Much entertainment for Mrs. Womble and me...
    I really enjoy the neighbor stories. I think I've made that clear. I don't think I'd like living next to them but I enjoy that you do.

San Antonio has a deer problem also. And feral cats.

wear a cut-off t-shirt to play tennis and basketball, although it may be that I just wear it because I grew up in Surry County.
    Surry County sounds like Warren County in the Cincinnati metro area. Then of course there is that whole northern Kentucky thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    A new wrinkle on and old favorite. Very nice.

I really enjoy the neighbor stories. I think I've made that clear. I don't think I'd like living next to them but I enjoy that you do.
    we actually have cordial relationships, because we've living next door to the three of them for 31 years now, but their antics never fail to titillate.
    Idiot Neighbor 2 (the one who annually rakes his pine forest) chatted us up the other day, they (not at all surprisingly) will not take a Covid jab because they don't know what's in it and the wife of the duo thinks the government can track them via the vaccine (I kid you not). (hey, what's that helicopter doing outside my window?)

He shoots crows on his lawn because he can; he "sweeps" his driveway of pine needles by running his riding lawnmower up and down the length repeatedly... I'm firmly on the deer side here.
    I'm firmly on your side in this. It isn't that good fences make good neighbors it's that good neighbors make good neighbors. He is the troll in this situation and I don't think he would save you from a knife-wielding maniac if you were wearing a ham suit in the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    San Antonio has a deer problem also. And feral cats.
    The issue I find scary and fascinating is the story of wild hogs terrorizing places...we have a lot of stuff here (moose, bears, fishers, etc) but no wild hogs.

Idiot Neighbor 2 (the one who annually rakes his pine forest)
    Like in Finland. Where they never have forest fires.

The issue I find scary and fascinating is the story of wild hogs terrorizing places...we have a lot of stuff here (moose, bears, fishers, etc) but no wild hogs.
    Yeah. The feral hogs get real big, real fast in Texas and other parts of the south. They've become quite the delight of people who like to hunt in creative ways because they're a destructive, invasive, habitat-species so it's pretty much open season in any way you choose from what I understand.

I've seen some forced perspective viral internet hog shots but, yeah, they're big.

Ummm, well, yeah.
    While I welcome the day, I'm seriously contemplating mowing the lawn again. Spent way too much time reading and watching about the care and feeding of Bermuda grass. Because, curb appeal.
    Also, I've been focusing more of my workout time on loosening up my hip flexors and hamstrings which used to impact my squat routine back in the day. This causes me to be hunched over when I get up in the morning. They loosen up and feel better rather quickly and I think I'll be better in the long run. But yeah.

The locals seem to be more concerned these days with an invasive species from California.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have acquired that taste...loved him in Ford v. Ferrari...
    Hmmm, can't tell if you're joking or not. So, let me rephrase, the plays written by Tracy Letts are an acquired taste. All three have been made into movies, Bug, Killer Joe, and August: Osage County. The most accessible of the three is August: Osage County.

Also, I've been focusing more of my workout time on loosening up my hip flexors and hamstrings which used to impact my squat routine back in the day. This causes me to be hunched over when I get up in the morning. They loosen up and feel better rather quickly and I think I'll be better in the long run. But yeah.
    What do you do? I went to physical therapy in my twenties and had my therapist tell me I had some of the tightest hammies she's ever seen. I feel like my hip flexors and hammies are pretty locked in. Best stretch for hip flexors for me is one knee on the floor, second leg out back and lean forward...

I do not have idiot neighbors, at least not in my immediate surroundings. I have two neighbors who own snow blowers. Whoever finishes their driveway first comes over and does mine, especially when they see that the hubby's car is not in the driveway.

The locals seem to be more concerned these days with an invasive species from California.
    Is this because, as Dre and Tupac taught us, that California knows how to party?

That probably makes me the idiot neighbor. But I host a dessert only party every December* so, we're good.

*non pandemic years.

Is this because, as Dre and Tupac taught us, that California knows how to party?
    Or is it because, as the Red Hot Chili Peppers taught us, it’s just Californication?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hmmm, can't tell if you're joking or not. So, let me rephrase, the plays written by Tracy Letts are an acquired taste. All three have been made into movies, Bug, Killer Joe, and August: Osage County. The most accessible of the three is August: Osage County.
    I understand, I was addressing his acting role in Ford v. Ferrari...am I the kind of guy who would joke?