Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 119
  1. #1

    MLB Postseason 2021

    Yankees and Red Sox tonight at Fenway.

    Welcome to October postseason baseball.
    Last edited by pfrduke; 10-05-2021 at 05:58 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Xander Bogaerts and Kyle Schwarber are enjoying October so far. Gerrit Cole, not so much.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

    You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

    You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

  3. #3
    Gerrrit Cole did not have a quality start tonight.

    Done after 2 IP with balls that nearly landed on Pluto for HRs to Schwarber and Boegarts.

  4. #4
    Eovaldi for the Red Sox is currently shoving the baseball up the Yankees’ vaunted offense’s collective buttocks.

  5. #5
    The New York Yankees are 9 outs away from setting tee times at Bethpage Black.

    It is my opinion that Aaron Boone is 9 outs away from being relieved of his duties as skipper of the New York Yankees.

    They haven’t won a World Series since 2009. If they lose tonight, it would be the 3rd longest World Series less streak in franchise history.

    The top 2:

    1979-1995
    1963-1976

    The Yankees are 9 outs away from being World Series less from 2009 - 2021 …

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    The New York Yankees are 9 outs away from setting tee times at Bethpage Black.

    It is my opinion that Aaron Boone is 9 outs away from being relieved of his duties as skipper of the New York Yankees.

    They haven’t won a World Series since 2009. If they lose tonight, it would be the 3rd longest World Series less streak in franchise history.

    The top 2:

    1979-1995
    1963-1976

    The Yankees are 9 outs away from being World Series less from 2009 - 2021 …
    1982-95. Or do World Series in strike-shortened seasons not count?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    1982-95. Or do World Series in strike-shortened seasons not count?
    I meant winning a World Series. The Dodgers defeated the Yankees in the 1981 World Series, no?

    4-1 Red Sox, now. The Yankees are done …

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Eovaldi for the Red Sox is currently shoving the baseball up the Yankees’ vaunted offense’s collective buttocks.
    The Yankees vaunted offense scored more runs than only one playoff team, the NLs St Louis Cardinals. Every other team in the postseason outscored them, some by more than 100 runs.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    The Yankees vaunted offense scored more runs than only one playoff team, the NLs St Louis Cardinals. Every other team in the postseason outscored them, some by more than 100 runs.
    Crazy. They’re 6 outs away from setting tee times at either Liberty National or Bethpage Black.

    Aaron Boone is 6 outs away from unemployment, likely …

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Crazy. They’re 6 outs away from setting tee times at either Liberty National or Bethpage Black.

    Aaron Boone is 6 outs away from unemployment, likely …
    Phil Nevin should already have his resume ready. He deserves a tee time at the local mini golf course. SMDH.

    Cora pulled Eovaldi too soon but it has worked out OK for them.

  11. #11
    To be fair, the NYY smacked 222 HRs this season, good for 6th in the bigs. Their club can smack the round tripper when needed …

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Phil Nevin should already have his resume ready. He deserves a tee time at the local mini golf course. SMDH.

    Cora pulled Eovaldi too soon but it has worked out OK for them.
    Yea Stanton was out by a country mile earlier on the relay off the green monster …

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Yea Stanton was out by a country mile earlier on the relay off the green monster …
    It was Judge who was out at the plate. Stanton hit it. Stanton has put two off the wall. The first one he stood and watched so ended up with a single when he should have had a double. It didn't end up mattering but still was not a good way to start the game.

  14. #14
    Goodnight Yankees …

    I think there’s a better chance of seeing Frank Sinatra reincarnated singing Theme From New York on the infield of Fenway Park than seeing the New York Yankees win this 2021 MLB Postseason game versus the Boston Red Sox …

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    It was Judge who was out at the plate. Stanton hit it. Stanton has put two off the wall. The first one he stood and watched so ended up with a single when he should have had a double. It didn't end up mattering but still was not a good way to start the game.
    My mistake. It was Judge who got hosed at the plate. Next time, he needs to take the grand piano off his back when he rounds 3rd if he wants to be safe at home …

  16. #16

    Red Sox knock out the Yankees at Fenway

    Move on to face the Rays in the ALDS …

    A Rod said he predicts Garret Cole to win the AL Cy Young in his sophomore season for the NYY in 2022 on the ESPN broadcast …

    Bold prediction …

  17. #17
    I believe Gerrit Cole made $36 million smackers this season …

    That’s $6 million per postseason out he recorded …

    Even for New York prices/cost of living, that’s as steep as a hike up Mount Everest …

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    I believe Gerrit Cole made $36 million smackers this season …

    That’s $6 million per postseason out he recorded …

    Even for New York prices/cost of living, that’s as steep as a hike up Mount Everest …
    Hey buddy, don't jinx our Cardinals. The Yankees seemed to rely on the long ball too much this season with guys like Stanton, Judge and Gallo it may work in the long regular season. However in the post season you need to be able to manufacture some runs because you will be facing the number one and number two pitchers most of the time.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Hey buddy, don't jinx our Cardinals. The Yankees seemed to rely on the long ball too much this season with guys like Stanton, Judge and Gallo it may work in the long regular season. However in the post season you need to be able to manufacture some runs because you will be facing the number one and number two pitchers most of the time.
    Yeah, very talented team but cannot rely on the long ball always. A couple 2-run innings from the Red Sox (2 in the first, 2 in the 7th) also ultimately did the Yankees in. The Red Sox pounded on Cole early and never looked back. The Rays-Red Sox ALDS will be exciting.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    They haven’t won a World Series since 2009. If they lose tonight, it would be the 3rd longest World Series less streak in franchise history.
    My heart bleeds for the poor Yankee franchise...

Similar Threads

  1. MLB: 2016 Postseason
    By Olympic Fan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 11-18-2016, 12:03 PM
  2. MLB Postseason 2013
    By pfrduke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 273
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 06:16 PM
  3. This Week in the ACC - Postseason
    By pfrduke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 12:01 PM
  4. ACC Postseason Outlook
    By Olympic Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •