Page 1850 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 85013501750180018401848184918501851185218601900195023502850 ... LastLast
Results 36,981 to 37,000 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yep. He is doing a credible job.
    We know you Tarheel alums all love Brendan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    There is a trend in advertising...darn PPB.
    Parts per billion?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Parts per billion?
    Public Policy Board

I'm tempted to just say it out loud and see where the chips fall.

The right team won.

Public Policy Board

I'm tempted to just say it out loud and see where the chips fall.
    Corporate virtue posturing? Ive been in a few ad/branding meetings for a couple of big boys. They’re a whole lotta boo poo.

Corporate virtue posturing? Ive been in a few ad/branding meetings for a couple of big boys. They’re a whole lotta boo poo.
    It is, it is.

It is, it is.
    I should maybe reframe that: they wouldn’t be advertising that way unless they believed it was good $$$.

But, yes, PBB.

I was just having a conversation with someone though about how all the big consulting and brand firms must just do a search/replace on their PPTs because it seems like the buzzwords and latest thing magically appear in the corporates at the same time. Even corporate logo styles, etc. in some ways, consultants and agencies must create market growth through instilling anxiety and urgency about being left behind in their clients.

I have a sentence to share that I never thought I would type. Someone just pulled a knife on me. He put it away when I talked to him but that was really weird.

I have a sentence to share that I never thought I would type. Someone just pulled a knife on me. He put it away when I talked to him but that was really weird.
    Like threateningly? Was he going to rob you?

I had someone show me a gun while I was leaving Cosmic Cantina one quiet evening. He was worked up about something or someone inside and decided to let me be his sounding board. Probably saw the look in my face when he pulled the gun and started gesticulating with it because he apologized, which I thought was nice. Plus, I suddenly had more room in my digestive system for the burrito I wanted to eat.

No. I thought he was trying to kill me. I I'm out exercising and I had just gotten a coffee when I heard someone yell: "I got something for you!!!" He was about 80 or so feet away and charged at me. I saw the knife right away and I set my feet because I thought he was coming. About 15 feet away he set his feet and held up the knife and I said "Hey man are you okay?". After Maybe 3 seconds he put the knife away and said "Alright man have a good day." Very calm and I said "You too". He was young and dressed pretty nicely. Not like dressed up, but dressed with fashion sense.

No. I thought he was trying to kill me. I I'm out exercising and I had just gotten a coffee when I heard someone yell: "I got something for you!!!" He was about 80 or so feet away and charged at me. I saw the knife right away and I set my feet because I thought he was coming. About 15 feet away he set his feet and held up the knife and I said "Hey man are you okay?". After Maybe 3 seconds he put the knife away and said "Alright man have a good day." Very calm and I said "You too". He was young and dressed pretty nicely. Not like dressed up, but dressed with fashion sense.
    Are you in a large public area or just your neighborhood?

I'm exercising in downtown Atlanta near the Peachtree Center. I beat a hasty Retreat after he put it away and walked off. I just came back up here because now it is daylight and this happened at 6 in the morning and it was dark. I found two separate blood splatter Trails I could follow. One was just a few drops but the other was a decent amount of blood and went on for about three city blocks. Also I might have been a decent detective in another life

Yikes. What a strange encounter. Glad you're OK - sounds like that could have gone sideways pretty quick.

I was in Baltimore for an NCAA thing, walking down a crowded street just outside of the convention center about a block from my hotel, when a youth punched me in the side of the head. That's not the strange part. The strange part is that he was wearing boxing gloves.

I think he was trying to knock me off of my feet in front of what I now realized was a large group of youths, but instead I just bent over, picked up my glasses, and turned to him and gave this thoughtful statement:

"What the hell?!"

And then some of the youths started chasing me. I, of course, ran. I used to be fast (state finalist in the 100m) but that was ages ago. I think I would have beaten my past PRs this day.

The funny thing is that this happened directly adjacent to a sign announcing the area was under surveillance by cameras. I found out you could request a copy of the video, but it was something like $150. I was tempted to pony up the $$ to see me running away from the group like the coward I am, but I embarrass myself enough most days without any video evidence.

Oh yes, it was also Halloween, which I assume explains why someone wearing boxing gloves on the streets of Baltimore didn't stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm exercising in downtown Atlanta near the Peachtree Center. I beat a hasty Retreat after he put it away and walked off. I just came back up here because now it is daylight and this happened at 6 in the morning and it was dark. I found two separate blood splatter Trails I could follow. One was just a few drops but the other was a decent amount of blood and went on for about three city blocks. Also I might have been a decent detective in another life
    Does it warrant a call to the authorities? Sounds like something is definitely wrong here.

Like threateningly? Was he going to rob you?

I had someone show me a gun while I was leaving Cosmic Cantina one quiet evening. He was worked up about something or someone inside and decided to let me be his sounding board. Probably saw the look in my face when he pulled the gun and started gesticulating with it because he apologized, which I thought was nice. Plus, I suddenly had more room in my digestive system for the burrito I wanted to eat.
    Was he "highly gesticulated?" If so, I think I know who he is and where he is...

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Does it warrant a call to the authorities? Sounds like something is definitely wrong here.
    I've been in some of the worst neighborhoods in America at hospitals at really dark and desolate times of the night. I have never once been or felt threatened. This isn't a bad area. It is lit up like it's daylight even at the time of day I was there. The problem is he and I were the only two around. I am alarmingly athletic for a 47 year old. But I'm not athletic compared to someone in there twenties who looked to be over 6ft tall. I found a police officer afterwards. But this person slipped the knife away and wandered off quickly. As did I.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Was he "highly gesticulated?" If so, I think I know who he is and where he is...
    He did not gesticulate wildly although he did yell. He actually approached me like he had me cornered and expected me to run.

I lived in a very bad neighborhood when I was at Penn...I'd run home from the library every night about as fast as I could in the middle of Locust St. to avoid getting mugged...one of my classmates got killed, so it was a justified paranoia...

I lived in a very bad neighborhood when I was at Penn...I'd run home from the library every night about as fast as I could in the middle of Locust St. to avoid getting mugged...one of my classmates got killed, so it was a justified paranoia...
    The worst thing that has happened to me all day is that we can't have a policy and social sciences discussion about why the crime rate has dropped so precipitously since those days when you were in Philadelphia.

Glad you're okay. Sounds like the guy may not have been mentally well, which doesn't help when you're on the other side of them. Might want to let the authorities know.

I assume the person wasn't in their right mind. This would have been the early 00s. I can't tell if you're serious about knowing who the person might be. There were some regulars that hung around, on and near 9th street.