Page 206 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 1061561962042052062072082162563067061206 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 67650
    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I suggest Old Shoes (& Picture Postcards) by Tom Waits.
    Jackson Browne and Carly Simon are favorites of mine for times like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Jackson Browne and Carly Simon are favorites of mine for times like this.
    I don't imagine a lot of folks know these guys, but The Old 97s' 'Wreck Your Life' is among the best heartbreak/heartache albums I've ever heard.

lte

I remembered! Will send the list shortly. @#$#@$#$ work is demanding my attention.
    You've got that problem, too? I am having a (Blue) Devil of a time trying to keep up with some of you folks from work with my new laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Fish, you wound me! You don't know who Willie Hodge is?

Whenever people question my Duke loyalty, granted not very often, but occasionally you meet new people, I always respond with "I've loved them since Willie Hodge!" This is usually met with a blank stare and a "Who?" Then I say, "Exactly, now leave me alone."
    Excellent!! I had to look up Willie Hodge too. But when I use that line, I'll replace it with Mike Tissaw or Jimmy Suddath.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Thanks. Mostly I just need to grouse for a while. I also intend to spend most of my weekend with two fellows by the names of Hank Williams and Jack Daniel.
    Can I join you three? My heart ain't been right since the night of the fight that put me on the heartbreak flight from Duluth to Atlanta (Dec., '06).

Been singin' the Jenny blues ever since.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Can I join you three? My heart ain't been right since the night of the fight that put me on the heartbreak flight from Duluth to Atlanta (Dec., '06).

Been singin' the Jenny blues ever since.

-EarlJam
    Do I need to send my "Healing heart" play list to you too?

P.S. This too shall pass.

So mom calls me Tuesday to tell me one of our beloved family dogs had to be put to sleep due to rampant, terminal cancer. And as of last night/this morning, I'm single (mutual and not nearly as awful as it could be, but still not pleasant). This has not been my month.
    So sorry about the dog. I had to euthanize one of my beagles last year. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do. He had cancer and his lymph nodes in his throat got so swollen that he couldn't eat or drink.

I'm very familiar with Jack, I like mine with Ginger. Do you know about the Tennessee Squires? If not and you are interested, PM me.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    "When the Heartache Comes' - Warren Zevon

On my top ten list of heartache songs and aptly named. Oh, also 'Reconsider Me'.

I miss Warren.

'the chance you take when you love someone' indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    So sorry about the dog. I had to euthanize one of my beagles last year. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do. He had cancer and his lymph nodes in his throat got so swollen that he couldn't eat or drink.

I'm very familiar with Jack, I like mine with Ginger. Do you know about the Tennessee Squires? If not and you are interested, PM me.
    Hah...funny how you're sorry about the dog, but not the girl.
    I like my Jack with ice.
    EarlJam, what time are you getting here?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    At his current pace, 2535 will pass you, EASILY!!

How long will you be gone? Out of internet access range?
    Early Saturday through late Monday...I can post from my cell but will be otherwise busy.

lte

I can't believe Fish80 passed 'breen also.

lte

So this will be to maintain my ever-so-slim margin over Fish80, even if just overnight

Wilson, dude, you've had one hell of a month.

Sending all the vibes I can that this autumn is a sweet, chill time, and that by end of this semester, good things are filling your life and times.

Question Walter's okay, right?

Thanks. Mostly I just need to grouse for a while. I also intend to spend most of my weekend with two fellows by the names of Hank Williams and Jack Daniel.
    What, no visits from Johnnie Walker?

Of course, now might be the time to watch Fight Club.

Seriously dude, take it easy. Wish we could have met up here in Bluegrass country, but hope to see you at some future ATL DBR Mafia meeting in Peach-town.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Strongest vibes ever to you, wilson. I'm sorry about all that you're going through. Hopefully fate will stop making your life into a bad country-western song soon (that was my theory during a strikingly similar phase of my life). Hang in there; everyone here has been there in some form or fashion. We've got your back.

Y'know, we could start a list of cheesy songs that would make wilson feel better. What better one to start the list than one by the group Wilson Phillips, "Hold On." I'm sure wilson's favorite band, Fleetwood Mac might have something similar - maybe "Silver Springs"? Anyone? disclaimer: I'm trying to be funny here, but that often doesn't work.

Hey, all! Bumping the thread back to the top. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

It's raining cats and dogs here. Ike's a-comin'!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    So this will be to maintain my ever-so-slim margin over Fish80, even if just overnight
    Your margin is up to 10, and you're within striking distance of DevilAlumna. Perhaps I will go on a posting rampage.

So, I'm sitting here watching the Giants, surfin' the web. Both dogs are sleeping. The puppy Kayla is having some good dreams, twitching and making doggy noises. I wonder if she's catching a squirrel or swimming in the pond?

My in-laws are coming over a little later. They bring their dog Mac to play with Kayla. Mac is a Vizsla.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    And as of last night/this morning, I'm single (mutual and not nearly as awful as it could be, but still not pleasant). This has not been my month.
    You and me both Brother, you and me both.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    I actually have a play list on my ipod to heal a broken heart. Do you want me to PM the list to you?
    I'm curious what's on that list.