Page 341 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 2412913313393403413423433513914418411341 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 67371
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Today I am revisiting Pandora and listening to my Frank Sinatra-inspired station that I created. I like this station.
    Pandora rules. But you should still find new bands and then build our own playlist, share it.

For the ladies

Karch Kiraly was at the NCAA WVB matches tonight (USC hosted so yay, I get to work another weekend). I <3 Karch Kiraly. I have since the '84 Olympics. He's still hot. Totally.

So I mention to a colleague that Karch is still hot, and he tries to introduce me. I was like why? He won't remember me 3 seconds after I walk away, so why bother him? (This is my attitude toward all celebs/athletes, save for maybe those associated w/ Duke BB. ) So then colleague offers to find out if he's married. Ha! I say that I think he is but even if he's not, he's with a blonde trophy (who I'm sure is a perfectly lovely person, but she's beautiful regardless).

A few minutes later said colleague spots Karch & guest... he says about the guest- she's certainly no trophy. I thought that was sweet, however wrong he was.

Fluffed my feathers, even if for a minute.

For a second there, I thought you were referring to him as the blonde trophy, LOL!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Whereas I first read it as blonde with a trophy, meaning a gold medal, meaning big time athlete. Ha!

C'mon kids, keep up with me here!

I was totally fan girl when I had the chance to meet Paul Wylie and he was very nice, signed my book and everything. I don't care if he forgot about me 2 minutes later. I also figure if you're at an event (as opposed to just running into someone famous on the street, in a restaurant, etc.) it's OK to talk to celebrities. They owe their careers to an adoring public.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I was totally fan girl when I had the chance to meet Paul Wylie and he was very nice, signed my book and everything. I don't care if he forgot about me 2 minutes later. I also figure if you're at an event (as opposed to just running into someone famous on the street, in a restaurant, etc.) it's OK to talk to celebrities. They owe their careers to an adoring public.
    One of my favorite events of the year was the ACC Seniors vs. the Marine Corps Basketball team. All of the graduating seniors from the ACC played exhibition games, and they played Cherry Point's Basketball Team (Cherry Point is an MCAS in Havelock, NC). I got to see the senior class with Laettner. I was still in high school at the time so it was a pretty big deal to meet these guys and talk to them after the game.

What, no drafters at 1:43 AM?

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Fine then, I'm going to bed.

You might have found some at 3:10 a.m.

Jim Spanarkl came to my junior high school and as I've said many times before, the guy is still hot.

Perhaps someone should start a Jim Spanarkel fan club? Or is there one already?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Perhaps someone should start a Jim Spanarkel fan club? Or is there one already?
    I think there is one - ILJ is president. Will this discussion bring her to the board?

I wonder if Karch will be back tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I think there is one - ILJ is president. Will this discussion bring her to the board?
    Lots of stuff going on over here, so I don't expect she'll be on the board soon.

The puppy is going crazy, the daughter is playing in the snow, and ILJ is prepping for a trip to ATL.
    Last edited by Lavabe; 12-06-2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: pronoun

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    She is Pres/VP/sec/treas and board of directors.

She visits rarely. Now she is spending large quantities of time house-training her husband, err, puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Lots of stuff going on over here, so I don't expect she'll be on the board soon.

The puppy is going crazy, the daughter is playing in the snow, and ILJ is prepping for a trip to ATL.
    "watch out where the huskies go..."

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    just doing my part now-at a much more reasonable time

Thought I'd share

I had some bacon for breakfast this morning. Yum!

What happened to the cheeseburger?