Page 1214 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 2147141114116412041212121312141215121612241264131417142214 ... LastLast
Results 24,261 to 24,280 of 67371
    Fortunately (?), I have a builders pit sinkhole in my back yard. In go the leaves.

I live in a townhouse/condo so I don't have to rake leaves. I don't think I have raked leaves before this past Sunday in 30 years.

One could argue that letting a large portion of the leaves decay on their own might be the more ecologically friendly answer.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    One could argue that letting a large portion of the leaves decay on their own might be the more ecologically friendly answer.
    If they are so thick they might kill the grass, probably not the choice most people would take. At least they left the house to go to a compost center and not a landfill. Our county requires yard waste to be in brown paper yard waste bags and a separate pickup for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    If they are so thick they might kill the grass, probably not the choice most people would take. At least they left the house to go to a compost center and not a landfill. Our county requires yard waste to be in brown paper yard waste bags and a separate pickup for them.
    Some of those same friends decry grass as a clear indicator of the decline of the empire...

The Simply White Cheddar Cheetos are soooo damn good.

Maple creme Oreos were better than I was expecting, but weren't all that.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I had an Oreo cookie. So many, many calorie laden treats that have fallen away into the mists of time. It's very sad.

On another topic, I am going to do my level best to not buckle under the looming holiday onslaught.

Maybe I'll even smile and be joyful.

I...am...really...going...to...try.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Just got tix for David Byrne’s show on Broadway a few days after Christmas. Giddy.

Last concert-like thing I saw on Broadway was Jerry Garcia’s acoustic/electric run in 1987.

And — a Duke friend who was with me then is joining me for the show.

Merry Christmas to me!

Awesome, OPK!

I regret not going to see Springsteen while he had his show there.

Good for you OPK. It's going to be a pure blast. I'm still laughing at the do si do that I did with a German guy during the show.

I can't wait to hear your review.

PS, it's going to win a Tony. Hands down.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Good for you OPK. It's going to be a pure blast. I'm still laughing at the do si do that I did with a German guy during the show.

I can't wait to hear your review.

PS, it's going to win a Tony. Hands down.
    Every review, personal friend or press, has been phenomenal.

Trying not to learn too much in advance, want it to all be a surprise. Huge Talking Heads fan, know some of his solo stuff but not so much.

Stop Making Sense is genius and I understand that some sensibility (of sorts) is in this experience.

Jacked.

I think it's also the best theater venue on Broadway. Renoed a couple of years ago and very clean and comfortable.

Buy your swag before the show. It will be jammed afterwards.

I think it's also the best theater venue on Broadway. Renoed a couple of years ago and very clean and comfortable.

Buy your swag before the show. It will be jammed afterwards.
    Great tip and info on the venue, thanks!

5 pounds away from my annual weight loss goal. If it weren't for the upcoming holidays I would say that is obtainable...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    5 pounds away from my annual weight loss goal. If it weren't for the upcoming holidays I would say that is obtainable...
    matty...weren't we discussing the second beer last night?!

Prepare now for the holidays! Persevere my young friend and be ready to balance! Beer over extra stuffing and pie any time!

Extra stuffing and pie over beer any time!
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    FIFY
    Good point. Wine pairs better.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Good point. Wine pairs better.
    I like wine. I'm not saying there should be a Ymm, Wine thread, but I wouldn't be mad to see one pop up.

matty...weren't we discussing the second beer last night?!

Prepare now for the holidays! Persevere my young friend and be ready to balance! Beer over extra stuffing and pie any time!
    I ended up passing on the second beer. That is NOT happening tonight!