Thread: RIP Hank Aaron

RIP Hank Aaron

Dammit

Hammerin' Hank was a hell of a player. Rest in Peace.

Icon, respected, tremendous person
    Godspeed Mr. Aaron.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I came here to post this sad news. Watching Hank hit 715 was exciting. RIP, Mr. Aaron.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

Hammering Hank.

He was one of the best players I was blessed to see. He hit for power, average, had good speed, good arm and was a terrific defender. We have lost some great players in the past year or so.

RIP... Prayers for the family.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    He was one of the best players I was blessed to see. He hit for power, average, had good speed, good arm and was a terrific defender. We have lost some great players in the past year or so.

RIP... Prayers for the family.
    Aaron displayed tremendous grace when he was chasing the Babe's record. RIP.

An incredible athlete and perhaps more importantly, from everything I heard, an even better human being.

I believe just a few weeks ago he got the Covid shot in part to show the African-American community that it is safe.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ke-hank-aaron/

Fantastic look at the consistent greatness of one of the greatest to ever do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Aaron displayed tremendous grace when he was chasing the Babe's record. RIP.
    And courage, in light of the threats he received.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    An incredible athlete and perhaps more importantly, from everything I heard, an even better human being.

I believe just a few weeks ago he got the Covid shot in part to show the African-American community that it is safe.

This.

Yes, this one really hurts. I was a big fan of his starting from the time the Braves moved to Atlanta and I could see their baseball games regularly on TV.

Hank had grace on and off the field.

11. True story, there was a fund raising “greats of the game” at Richmond’s then Braves AAA ballpark back in the 80’s. Retired legends vs. local celebrities. I went to pickup tickets during lunch break, on my way back to my car who’s walking in? Mr. Aaron. I said, hello, told him I was a fan, still remembered watching 715. He was kind, offered an autograph, “so long as it’s not a blank check.” I only had my tickets, so he signed the envelope. How often do you meet a legend in a parking lot, and they’re nice enough to talk with you, and give you an autograph to mark the occasion.