Page 653 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 15355360364365165265365465566370375311531653 ... LastLast
Results 13,041 to 13,060 of 67370
    Hello I was think of getting a motorcycle... Kawasaski Ninja 250r

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    Think again. Then think some more. Think Jason Williams.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I don't know anything about motorcycles. I'm scared of them too. But I won't tell you not to get one, just be careful!!! Please.

Does billy ever come here anymore? I still owe him a scarf. It's nearly finished.

I would be tempted to get a motorcycle; nothing too huge, and not for the interstates. I think they would be great on the two-lanes if you're not in a hurry. My next door neighbor has one...

But that pales in comparison for my desire for a convertible. I WILL own one someday... The big question is what kind - vintage or current?

Rachel McAdams was on the Daily Show. Wow, she has a gorgeous smile...

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    Get one like House has. Repsol, or something like that. It is the high performance Honda bike. The good news is that you probably won't be injured on it, just killed!

Here to double dip. I've thought of getting a bike. It has been years since I had one. How many speeds are they up to now? I probably don't pedal as fast as I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Here to double dip. I've thought of getting a bike. It has been years since I had one. How many speeds are they up to now? I probably don't pedal as fast as I used to.
    Hee.

Well, I'm off to take notes on some 'Lost' episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    How many speeds do you want?

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Enough to get the job done.

If you disable the brakes, one speed is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If you disable the brakes, one speed is enough.
    Back in the day, we were delighted to have one speed. If people were really, really flush, they would have three speeds. I had a one speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I would be tempted to get a motorcycle; nothing too huge, and not for the interstates. I think they would be great on the two-lanes if you're not in a hurry. My next door neighbor has one...

But that pales in comparison for my desire for a convertible. I WILL own one someday... The big question is what kind - vintage or current?
    I vote vintage.

Mine has 21. Started with 14 but changed chain rings to add a granny and have 21 now. (Snowy Pass and another almost as high were on the agenda.)

Agreed, vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Back in the day, we were delighted to have one speed. If people were really, really flush, they would have three speeds. I had a one speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Mine has 21. Started with 14 but changed chain rings to add a granny and have 21 now. (Snowy Pass and another almost as high were on the agenda.)
    When I was a kid, I had a 10 speed Schwinn Continental - I must have worn it out because in my garage now (OK, it's 40 years later) I still have my brother's 10 speed Schwinn Varsity. When I want to ride it (once every couple of years) I have to put air in the tires as it leaks out pretty quickly. I might even have to replace the tires if I ever want to ride it again. Heck, after 45 years (we probably got the bikes when I was 10) it is a miracle the tires lasted this long. I wouldn't drive a car with 10 year old tires, much less 45.

I only "used" 5 of the ten speeds back in the day, don't know if they were the even or odd gears, but I never changed the front gear, only the back 5. Why would you need 14 or 21? For serious racing?

9F 9F 9F

My bike is about 22 years old. It's the original Raleigh mountain bike with about 12 gears. Big tires, no shocks, weighs about 200 lbs. Well, not quite 200.

Last year I took it to the bicycle shop and got a tune up, including new tires. The best ~$100 I ever spent. I felt like a kid with a new toy.

I don't ride much, but when I do I prefer dos equis. Oops, for a minute I thought that I was the most interesting man in the world. I ride the trails, slowly since I don't have shocks.

When I was a kid, I had a 10 speed Schwinn Continental - I must have worn it out because in my garage now (OK, it's 40 years later) I still have my brother's 10 speed Schwinn Varsity. When I want to ride it (once every couple of years) I have to put air in the tires as it leaks out pretty quickly. I might even have to replace the tires if I ever want to ride it again. Heck, after 45 years (we probably got the bikes when I was 10) it is a miracle the tires lasted this long. I wouldn't drive a car with 10 year old tires, much less 45.

I only "used" 5 of the ten speeds back in the day, don't know if they were the even or odd gears, but I never changed the front gear, only the back 5. Why would you need 14 or 21? For serious racing?
    No racing for me - just touring. You don't really use all 14 or 21 but need the ability to switch based on the gradient and, around here, the wind. You want to be able to peddle with ease instead of pushing hard like you did as a kid on a coaster bike where you had to just push harder to get up a hill. (And push back on the peddles to brake.)