Page 2465 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 14651965236524152455246324642465246624672475251525652965 ... LastLast
Results 49,281 to 49,300 of 67390
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I saw The Big Lebowski during its original theatrical release the same weekend that I saw Dark City. I remain miffed that Dark City is not also a cult classic.

I saw The Men Who Stare at Goats with my husband and good friend Sherry. Sherry and I always see George Clooney movies together. We allowed the hubby to tag along for this one. All three of us were laughing so hard we almost wet our pants. Nobody else in the theater was laughing. I mean nobody. We got some stares.

Another time I was the only one laughing in the theater? Tony's death scene in West Side Story. High comedy. But the death stares I got for laughing at Tony dying were deserved. I was aware that I was ruining the movie for everybody else. I promised never to see that movie again as penance.

The problem with Adam Sandler and Will Ferrell movies is that they are supporting actors asked to carry films. Will Ferrell is much better when he's got a leading man to support and isn't the main focus of the movie, think Old School. Will Ferrell's subplot is exquisite, but nobody wants a whole movie about Frank the Tank. Adam Sandler doesn't have a comparable movie where he was the second or third banana. Put him with Luke Wilson and I would probably have one Adam Sandler movie that I liked. Luke Wilson, MVP of straight men asked to carry movies while the rest of the cast gets to have fun acting like utter fools. I get you, Luke, I get you.
    Last edited by Bostondevil; 01-20-2022 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I saw The Big Lebowski during its original theatrical release the same weekend that I saw Dark City. I remain miffed that Dark City is not also a cult classic.

I saw The Men Who Stare at Goats with my husband and good friend Sherry. Sherry and I always see George Clooney movies together. We allowed the hubby to tag along for this one. All three of us were laughing so hard we almost wet our pants. Nobody else in the theater was laughing. I mean nobody. We got some stares.

Another time I was the only one laughing in the theater? Tony's death scene in West Side Story. High comedy. But the death stares I got for laughing at Tony dying were deserved. I was aware that I was ruining the movie for everybody else. I promised never to see that movie again as penance.

The problem with Adam Sandler and Will Ferrell movies is that they are supporting actors asked to carry films. Will Ferrell is much better when he's got a leading man to support and isn't the main focus of the movie, think Old School. Will Ferrell's subplot is exquisite, but nobody wants a whole movie about Frank the Tank. Adam Sandler doesn't have a comparable movie where he was the second or third banana. Put him with Luke Wilson and I would probably have one Adam Sandler movie that I liked. Luke Wilson, MVP of straight men asked to carry movies while the rest of the cast gets to have fun acting like utter fools. I get you, Luke, I get you.
    Ha! This is an excellent post.

I feel like if I advance my love of Jim Carrey I’m going to get pounced on but I think he proved, like Robin Williams, that he could be more than his most notable persona. Ferrell and Sandler don’t have their version of the Truman Show, Man in the Moon, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

And please don’t say that gambling jeweler Sandler just played. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I feel like if I advance my love of Jim Carrey I’m going to get pounced on but I think he proved, like Robin Williams, that he could be more than his most notable persona. Ferrell and Sandler don’t have their version of the Truman Show, Man in the Moon, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

And please don’t say that gambling jeweler Sandler just played. Ugh.
    I thouht The Truman Show was very good.

Let the night air cool you off.
    Tilt your head back and try to cough.
    Don't say nothing 'bout the things you never saw.
    Let the night air cool you off.

I ain't living like I should.
    A little rest might do me good.
    Got to sinking in the place where I once stood.
    Now I ain't living like I should.

Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold.
    Maybe I can only hear it in my head.
    Fifteen years ago we owned that road
    Now it's rolling over us instead.

Richard Manuel is dead.

Baby girl’s up. Dad reporting for duty.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Baby girl’s up. Dad reporting for duty.
    Remember these moments.

May have to change my meal plans for next week...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    May have to change my meal plans for next week...
    What's up?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    What's up?
    I may have to make a meatloaf with grass fed beef. Heck, I may need to kill my own cow. Don't want anything tainting it.

I may have to make a meatloaf with grass fed beef. Heck, I may need to kill my own cow. Don't want anything tainting it.
    A meatloaf in honor of Meatloaf?

Semi...I do have some ground beef in the freezer that I need to clear out.

Semi...I do have some ground beef in the freezer that I need to clear out.
    So I wasn't a fan of his, but the Pioneer Woman meatloaf is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I remain miffed that Dark City is not also a cult classic.
    I'm in your corner with that one, I have never understood why it didn't get much more attention than it did.

I like Meatloaf, but I can't stand meatloaf.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    For me, it is exactly the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Same here.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm not a huge fan of Meat Loaf but I don't hate his stuff either. I do like a good meatloaf. I'm picky though, not all meatloaf is good. If a restaurant has meatloaf on the menu, I will try it. I will judge them forever after purely based on the quality of their meatloaf. I do not make meatloaf myself, it's purely a restaurant meal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Same here.
    Ditto. I had sorority sisters who were obsessed with "Paradise" and frankly, it got on my nerves.

I am not a huge fan of meatloaf, either but I will eat my mom's, and hers only. Kind of like egg salad.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Ditto. I had sorority sisters who were obsessed with "Paradise" and frankly, it got on my nerves.

I am not a huge fan of meatloaf, either but I will eat my mom's, and hers only. Kind of like egg salad.
    The word on the street is that my mother makes a superlative meatloaf, but having been traumatized by it as a child, I still refuse to eat that or any other meatloaf under any circumstances.
    I also have strong feelings about egg salad...pickles on my egg salad sandwich, for example...by all means! Pickles in my egg salad, though...HORRORS.