Page 1633 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 63311331533158316231631163216331634163516431683173321332633 ... LastLast
Results 32,641 to 32,660 of 67415
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, at the peak we probably had sustained winds of 50mph...breezy!
    Tropical Storm Budwom!

-jk

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The Drewsk has announced that the 2020 Atlantic Storm Season has probably ended with Iota. He says there could still be a December storm but the weather patterns make it look unlikely.

The end is near. The turkey black bean poblano soup is nearly gone. It was a good turkey and fed us lunch and dinner for a week.

So, everything is ending today?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Let's be honest, that would be very on brand for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Turkey wise, in this household, the tom is toast, the giblets are gone, we're saying so long to the snood, the wattle has waddled away...you get the picture.

My first dog that was ever my dog (the one pictured in my avatar) is reaching the end of his line.
    It is of course very sad and difficult, but it is also pretty easy to feel clarity here. He's had a good, remarkably long life (over 14 1/2 years as a bulldog is darned good), and his poor old body is just about done.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My first dog that was ever my dog (the one pictured in my avatar) is reaching the end of his line.
    It is of course very sad and difficult, but it is also pretty easy to feel clarity here. He's had a good, remarkably long life (over 14 1/2 years as a bulldog is darned good), and his poor old body is just about done.
    Ack, I know how that goes...do you have a vet who can come by your house to make things as easy as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ack, I know how that goes...do you have a vet who can come by your house to make things as easy as possible?
    Yes, this will be an in-home process so he can feel safe and comfortable and loved. Also for the benefit of our remaining dog and all of us as a family.

Yes, this will be an in-home process so he can feel safe and comfortable and loved. Also for the benefit of our remaining dog and all of us as a family.
    Vibes for you and the family. It is always difficult.

Our last two labs (ages 13.5 and 15.5) went out nicely that way, both got roast beef sandwiches...their bodies may give out, but never their appetites.

You have my full sympathy. I've had pets in my life that meant more to me than many people. The end of that road is just flat out sad.

I'm gonna try and post a pic of me and my dogs my wife took today. If I foul it up, I will blame my phone.

IMG_20201204_143420.jpg

Really appreciate all the love. I know this is an animal-loving crowd, and having been posting here since even before Walter came around, it's helpful to just let it out a little at the pub, so to speak.

Feeling for you.

Now that I have become the "Mother of (Guinea) Pigs", I'm already worrying about having to say good-bye. My guinea girls only live 5 years on average. Not looking forward to it. Spoiling them mightily in the meantime.

I have finished the New York Times crossword 4 Fridays in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have finished the New York Times crossword 4 Fridays in a row.
    Ooooh! Love crossword chatter!

The wife and I are big time word dorka.

I’m partial to the Wall Street Journal puzzles as well.

Vibes from me also. Having had to make a similar decision twice now, I understand how heart wrenching it can be. The loving memories provide solace over time, but the near term grief can be overwhelming.

Whatever happened to Dido? I hope she's still having the best day of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Whatever happened to Dido? I hope she's still having the best day of her life.
    There’s no white flag above her door, that’s for certain.

And an aside — I think Eminem’s sampling of Dido’s Thank You in Stan is incredible. I want to dislike it, but it really is powerful and well-done. (Not a subject matter endorsement — just an artistic observation).