Page 93 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 438391929394951031431935931093 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I wouldn't do number 1 on DD's list...
    What, no lappy for a week??? Not a chance. I think I'd get the shakes or something. Tho I have no clue what internet access will look like...

Smile Jimmy vs. Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    But Dude, you're Lavabe! Spanarkel (sparnarkel?) is only 6'5", Firth a dinky 6'1.5"!

"You don't keep score? Then how do you compare yourself to other golfers?" "By Height."
    Jim Spanarkel

Yes DA, but I don't play basketball, I don't golf, and I don't act in Victorian period pieces. My fate is sealed.

But hey, at least I was dude-ed.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

What, no lappy for a week??? Not a chance. I think I'd get the shakes or something. Tho I have no clue what internet access will look like...

Go cold turkey, the only chance I have...

Lte

But Dude, you're Lavabe! Spanarkel (sparnarkel?) is only 6'5", Firth a dinky 6'1.5"!

"You don't keep score? Then how do you compare yourself to other golfers?" "By Height."
    I have heard that Lavabe does it by the length of his driver...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Jim Spanarkel

Yes DA, but I don't play basketball, I don't golf, and I don't act in Victorian period pieces. My fate is sealed.

Please, Pride and Prejudice is Regency! (It's set in 1812. I've read the book probably 70 times.) I will concede Colin Firth to your wife if she'll let me have Clooney.

I have run out of things to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    That sentence was incorrect, the first clause of this sentence is correct, and the third clause is not.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    That sentence was incorrect, the first clause of this sentence is correct, and the third clause is not.
    The sentence was also dangerous. How can we be expected to carry the LTE on without the guidance of our founder?

There's always yogurt!

Isn't that from Forrest Gump, or am I remembering something incorrectly? I suppose it's possible I am remembering this incorrectly, it's been awhile since I saw the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Isn't that from Forrest Gump, or am I remembering something incorrectly? I suppose it's possible I am remembering this incorrectly, it's been awhile since I saw the movie.
    The correct Gump quote would be, "That's all I have to say about that."
    That's all I have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The correct Gump quote would be, "That's all I have to say about that."
    That's all I have to say about that.
    I figured a whipper-snapper* would set me straight. Though I figured it would be BillyBreen. Billy, you're slacking.

Wilson, I mean that will love and respect.

OK, so I post on some other message boards, sometimes. I know, I can't help it. One of them is for playwrights. One of the threads was a rhymes with witch session about why can't actors/directors just perform the lines as written instead of trying to make changes, blah, blah, blah. Me? There are always 2-3 lines in my script that I truly care about, the rest of them, as long as you don't change the inherent meaning of the dialog, I welcome some experimentation. (And I steal the good stuff.) Anyway, after several rounds of back and forth I chimed in with this:

Oh that this too too solid flesh would melt.
    Damn it Burbage, I wrote sullied.

I'm ashamed to say I don't think any of my fellow playwrights got the joke. Do you?

No ... not yogurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    There's always yogurt!
    Oh geez ... I get 20 minutes of downtime while grading today, and there you go again, raising THAT thread topic.

What happened with the low-sugar yogurt discussion? Last I recalled, Greek yogurt was the yogurt of choice.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

OK, so I post on some other message boards, sometimes. I know, I can't help it. One of them is for playwrights. One of the threads was a rhymes with witch session about why can't actors/directors just perform the lines as written instead of trying to make changes, blah, blah, blah. Me? There are always 2-3 lines in my script that I truly care about, the rest of them, as long as you don't change the inherent meaning of the dialog, I welcome some experimentation. (And I steal the good stuff.) Anyway, after several rounds of back and forth I chimed in with this:

Oh that this too too solid flesh would melt.
    Damn it Burbage, I wrote sullied.

I'm ashamed to say I don't think any of my fellow playwrights got the joke. Do you?
    Hamlet? Shakespearean editing? Is it solid flesh or sullied flesh? Isn't google wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Last I recalled, Greek yogurt was the yogurt of choice.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    For fear of retribution, I dare not dive too deep into the yogurt. I'm into whole foods now: meats, fishes, fruits, veggies. Much like a caveman.

I don't really like yogurt. And I never eat the frozen stuff, I mean, why not just have ice cream?

Yougurt is a staple in this college kid's diet. It's a nice change up from cereal when you can't find any hot food that looks edible.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Yougurt is a staple in this college kid's diet. It's a nice change up from cereal when you can't find any hot food that looks edible.
    Yogurt with granola mixed in is also delectable. Fish80, as for "diving into yogurt," well...that's just gross.

That Go-Gurt stuff that my kids eat? Yuck.