Page 1909 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 90914091809185918991907190819091910191119191959200924092909 ... LastLast
Results 38,161 to 38,180 of 67395
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Pretty. Or chocolate.

-jk
    Hmmmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I have Craftsman V19.2 tools that I've had for 20+ years, drill, string trimmer, impact wrench, reciprocating saw, etc. The 19.2 tools have been replaced, should I ditch the brand and move on to other stuff? It would be nice to have a cordless blower, etc. Probably should have gotten that when they were still making them. I'm concerned about having too many different batteries to manage.
    How...what...like, is that an actual concern one can have? I didn’t know that one even existed in the universe of concerns.

I have Craftsman V19.2 tools that I've had for 20+ years, drill, string trimmer, impact wrench, reciprocating saw, etc. The 19.2 tools have been replaced, should I ditch the brand and move on to other stuff? It would be nice to have a cordless blower, etc. Probably should have gotten that when they were still making them. I'm concerned about having too many different batteries to manage.
    I bought into Makita years ago and am very happy with it. I have a drill, hammer drill, orbital sander, small vac, and leaf blower.

Of them all, the leaf blower is the best - so nice to just grab it to blow the deck or balcony off without pulling the extension cord. Much easier to manage with the gutters. I have no gas powered tools; I have a small lot and a neighbor's kid mows my 1,200 sf of shaded, slow growth grass.

-jk

Yesterday, went to an Italian Bakery and bought an Easter braid bread invoking my mother's memory. It is beautiful, delicious and has a couple whole eggs nestled among the braids. Just like momma fixed it.

As my lady and I were enjoying a couple slices, I asked if she wanted to split/share one of the eggs. Encouraged, I plucked an egg from the braid, tapping and rolling on the cutting board to crackle/peel the shell. The egg crumpled into a liquid mess - essentially raw.

Not like momma fixed it.

Can't speak to a specific Craftsman comparison - but would expect 20 year technology (and batteries) won't measure up. I'm a very satisfied user of both Porter Cable and DeWalt. Regardless of advancements, I still use the plug-in models for heavier circular saw and lag screw insertion duties.

This winter, procured a DeWalt blower to use with my current batteries. Very pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    How...what...like, is that an actual concern one can have? I didn’t know that one even existed in the universe of concerns.
    Quite clearly, you need more tools!!!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I broke out the swift this week and wound up 4 balls of fiber that is on the more delicate side so I did not break out the winder too. I wound straight from the swift.

Quite clearly, you need more tools!!!
    My wife says I’m one big tool. Does that count?

I realized that winding is another one of the actions I perform with my left hand that is normally done with the right hand in right-handed people.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Can't speak to a specific Craftsman comparison - but would expect 20 year technology (and batteries) won't measure up. I'm a very satisfied user of both Porter Cable and DeWalt. Regardless of advancements, I still use the plug-in models for heavier circular saw and lag screw insertion duties.

This winter, procured a DeWalt blower to use with my current batteries. Very pleased with it.
    Forgot! I also have a Milwaukee finish nailer. Also effectively battery powered.

It strikes me - the more important issue isn't the age or 19.2 - it may be if you've moved to Lithium-Ion. IMO, that's where the benefit becomes noticeable and worth the money.

I think I've posted this here before, but I sometimes I try to write with my left hand and wonder why my handwriting is so bad and then I remember that I am not left-handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I broke out the swift this week and wound up 4 balls of fiber that is on the more delicate side so I did not break out the winder too. I wound straight from the swift.
    Again. Amazing thread.

Westley and Inigo have nothing on me!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Again. Amazing thread.
    Winders and swifts never need batteries.

https://www.yarn.com/products/webs-b...en-swift-combo

Image of a swift and winder.

When you don't use the winder, you get started by wrapping the yarn around your fingers at first then hold the increasingly larger ball in one hand while you wrap the yarn around the ball with the other. Winders will create nice center pull "cakes", but more delicate yarn (fingering weight, mohair, pure cashmere), it's both better not to stress it in the winding process AND to create balls that get used from the outside in - especially true with mohair which can stick to itself. You get a sticky tangle with mohair yarn in a center pull ball and you might have to just cut it and get a new ball.
    Last edited by -jk; 04-04-2021 at 02:01 PM. Reason: fix link

And that is how you pad the post count.

Happy Easter!

I'm trying to watch Sound of Metal on Amazon Prime. It's not that I can't see it, it's that I'm finding it hard to devote 2 hours to watching something on my computer. Plus the subject matter keeps making me want to take breaks.

Taylor Swift?

Winders and swifts never need batteries.
    Would they be more functional battery powered?