Page 104 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 454941021031041051061141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 67391
    Here's a list of new features in this version of the board software.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Here's a list of new features in this version of the board software.
    Nice find! I'm glad 3.7 supports "Reciprocal friendships between users"; I was getting so tired of the one-sided friendships. Wait, that's an oxymoron right?

Social Groups are interesting. I created one for the PPB. For the cool people of the PPB, that is.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    In name-dropping news, I know Cokie Roberts brother-in-law (also her husband's twin).

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm only doing one more! If I break 6 hours, then I'm official and I'm officially satisfied with my marathon career. If I don't break 6 hours after a year of approaching it properly, knowing what I know now, then I can't break 6 hours and although I won't be satisfied, I will know that I did the absolute best I could.

Anybody want to run the Tufts 10K with me on Boston Common in October? I'm going to keep running that one as long as I'm still upright.

You may have a taker for the Tufts race...its been about 7 years since I did even a 5k though. Wait, I did one when I got to Greensboro after B-school, scratch the 7, and insert a 5.

Question When working with the album feature...

Instead of loading images that I have stored on my computer, I'd rather load them by linking to their proper URL. Unfortunately, I think that albums only allow you to upload directly from your computer; they don't allow you to link to the URL of a picture.

Is there any way, while creating/editing albums, to link to the URL of a picture?

Thanks,
    Lavabe

This is new software? I hadn't noticed.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Would you rather have a duck that followed you absolutely everywhere you went, or a four-inch tail?

I have absolutely no idea who spoke at my graduation. I remember sitting in Wally Wade in 85 degree sun with a 101 fever, sweating like a sunofaI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.. I felt miserable, but I wasn't going to miss my own graduation.

My daughter (who, by the way, is now the lovely Mrs. Templeton that graced the DBR's front page earlier this week! Thank you again Julio!) graduated Magna Cum Laud from Appy State. When she asked me what I graduated with, I told her "great relief!" True story.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Yeah, we updated. Only die-hards will notice, though (average post-count in this thread is well over 1,000). I haven't plumbed the depths of the new offering yet. Let me know if you find anything really cool.

-jk
    Despite being a die hard (1,428 posts), I hadn't noticed until I saw this thread. But I had other things on my mind. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I was getting so tired of the one-sided friendships. Wait, that's an oxymoron right?
    The rest of us call that 'stalking.' Or, in this case, 'cyber-stalking.'

One of a kind

This thread has set me to thinking about my undergraduate graduation. In the late sixties, graduations took place in what was then Indoor Stadium during the first week of June. It was steamy and hot. It seems to me that Dr. Rankin of the political science department and member of the Civil Rights Commission spoke. The ceremony was interrupted by a bomb threat which had been phoned in after the ceremony was underway. We were all instructed to leave in a quick and orderly fashion. The processional lines would reassemble in front of the Chapel and march into the Chapel so that the ceremony could then continue in there. There was not room for anyone but the graduates inside. Family members and others attending the ceremony would be able to listen outside. Many undergraduates disappeared somewhere between Indoor Stadium and the Chapel. I decided to line up again and continue. I had worked too hard to miss out on my only graduation from college! My dad was there making lots of pictures with his 32 mm camera, thrilled to be making pictures of his oldest offspring graduating in the Chapel just as he did. (He always said that his class was the first to graduate in the Chapel once it was completed.) The alumni publication that come out soon afterwards included a picture of him covering this event with his camera.

The commencement for my graduate degree was tame and routine by comparison to what had happened that June of 1967!

One other note: class reunions took place over graduation weekend back then. Quite a gathering of many generations and many classes on campus!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Would you rather have a duck that followed you absolutely everywhere you went, or a four-inch tail?
    I'd opt for the duck unless the tail were prehensile. Prehensile tail? Well now, that's a whole different story.

It depends on how good-looking the tail is. If he's tall and beautiful eyes, I'll take him over the duck any time.

Maybe you hadn't had any visitors since the board software was updated. I'm guessing the feature adds a new DB column that is NULL for all previous visits. I see names for the recent visitors in mine.

Visitor messages are new, aren't they? That's kinda cool -- each user essentially has their own mini-board now.
    Nope, the number just went up by 2 since yesterday, and it's still not showing names. OMG WHO IS STALKING ME? :-p

At the moment, I would take the cat every time.

Question New tradition?

A few years ago, Emory started a new tradition for its commencement. The 50th year alumni (plus those who have more than 50 years) are invited to take part in commencement. They are given special medallions and completely gold graduation gowns. They sit as a group among the degree awardees, and are conferred special status during the ceremony. It's really nice to see all generations taking part in commencement.

I don't recall seeing this tradition before. Does anyone know of this tradition elsewhere?

Thanks,
    Lavabe

Social Groups are interesting. I created one for the PPB. For the cool people of the PPB, that is.
    I created one too. I was curious who had football season tickets and whether there was an interest in a DBR tailgate meeting or something before games. So the official "Duke Football Bandwagon" was created.

Sorry for bringing down the avg post count on the thread
    "There can BE only one."

Say what? Wilson, have you been smoking crack again?

Curiously, some people are born with tails. The other day I saw a hawk fly by with a squirrel tail. At first I thought it a mythical beast but then astutely deduced that the hawk was in fact clutching a squirrel in it's talons and the tail of the squirrel was aligned perfectly with the tail of the hawk. But I digress.

If the tail were soft and flexible, with some nice fur, I'd choose the tail. But a stiff stubby tail like a boxer, no thanks, I'd suffer with the quackery.