Page 1535 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 53510351435148515251533153415351536153715451585163520352535 ... LastLast
Results 30,681 to 30,700 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Have my car in for service this morning. Don't think I have ever seen the lot this empty of new cars before.

Which begs the question is it a supply or demand issue?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Which begs the question is it a supply or demand issue?
    When I commented on it, the response was it was an allocation issue.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Tappan Zee Devil View Post
    Hey - I have not been to this thread in a couple of years - but have been watching the duel between you-all and the beer thread over the past couple of weeks with some amusement. Giiven the thread name, how can you let them catch you?

You guys need to rally!
    We cannot beat the virtual pubs that the pandemic hath wrought. It takes more than a few of us and many of the original denizens of this lovely thread have stopped posting. It has been proven that our resident beer expert is a perpetual motion machine when it comes to posting about craft beers. None of us have achieved perpetual motion status.

Also - it is true that there are many posters who post in both threads, but, they've voted with their keyboards that beer wins. So, whaddya gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    We cannot beat the virtual pubs that the pandemic hath wrought. It takes more than a few of us and many of the original denizens of this lovely thread have stopped posting. It has been proven that our resident beer expert is a perpetual motion machine when it comes to posting about craft beers. None of us have achieved perpetual motion status.
    Just try to patent that...

It is what it is.

The denizens of the virtual pub are good folks. We can all live in peace and harmony. It's what the world needs now.

The denizens of the virtual pub are good folks. We can all live in peace and harmony. It's what the world needs now.
    I never said they weren't!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It is what it is.
    Indeed.

I never said they weren't!
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I wasn't actually accusing anyone of saying they were. In fact, since there are overlaps of great people, I would say that both have great folks involved. (With, perhaps, the exception of the current typist who needs to work on her communication skills.)

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I wasn't actually accusing anyone of saying they were. In fact, since there are overlaps of great people, I would say that both have great folks involved. (With, perhaps, the exception of the current typist who needs to work on her communication skills.)
    I can probably use this as a way to post more as I try to dig myself out of this hole.

Today's bonus - Nephew Sam called me tonight. Got to talk to him, his wife Lianna, and dog Freya!

Today's bonus - Nephew Sam called me tonight. Got to talk to him, his wife Lianna, and dog Freya!

This will keep a smile on my face as I work late tonight.

OK - I get it

i was rooting for you-all, so maybe i will stick in a miscelaneous (sp?) post about nothing from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by Tappan Zee Devil View Post
    OK - I get it

i was rooting for you-all, so maybe i will stick in a miscelaneous (sp?) post about nothing from time to time
    It's never about nothing - we aren't Seinfeld!

It's always very, very, very important stuff!

We do have more views, so, there is that.

It's always very, very, very important stuff!
    If only for a millisecond.

It's just that beer > Pop-Tarts.

True story. I hadn't had a Pop-Tart in maybe a year or more until last week. Then I had 2 in a span of 3 days because they were brought back up here. Strawberry both times, because they are superior. Un-toasted because I was driving. I think I may prefer them that way now.

Have my car in for service this morning. Don't think I have ever seen the lot this empty of new cars before.
    It's about time for an oil change/tire rotation for me.

The RV market is bananas right now too. My wife and I had to have our ducks in a row and really be ready to pounce when we found what we wanted.
    Picking up on Saturday!