Page 2518 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 15182018241824682508251625172518251925202528256826183018 ... LastLast
Results 50,341 to 50,360 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    few know that Franklin invented maple syrup among his other achievements. Ethan Allen, of course, invented furniture.
    That's well-documented. How he dismantled Fort Ticonderoga and ushered in the era of Shaker furniture. Nothing is better than the imagery of him transporting armoires on sleds made from reclaimed fort shiplap so the soldiers ringing the British around Boston would have fashionable furniture. The man was a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    But I’m still pretty fly for my demographic.
    Pretty fly.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That's well-documented. How he dismantled Fort Ticonderoga and ushered in the era of Shaker furniture. Nothing is better than the imagery of him transporting armoires on sleds made from reclaimed fort shiplap so the soldiers ringing the British around Boston would have fashionable furniture. The man was a hero.
    And it’s a good thing that Ben Franklin was able to secure the neutrality of Sweden, thus keeping Ingvar Ikea out of the war.

And it’s a good thing that Ben Franklin was able to secure the neutrality of Sweden, thus keeping Ingvar Ikea out of the war.
    Look. It's sensible Furniture. It just is.

Look. It's sensible Furniture. It just is.
    Fun fact: Sweden actually wasn’t neutral; the war was just over by the time General Ikea got done assembling his barracks.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Fun fact: Sweden actually wasn’t neutral; the war was just over by the time General Ikea got done assembling his barracks.
    It's because the freaking directions were just pictures.

It's not like I read the directions anyway though. You know what the directions are? That's one man's opinion.

It's not like I read the directions anyway though. You know what the directions are? That's one man's opinion.
    That’s why they stopped manufacturing maps seven years ago. You can’t find a new map, they’re all vintage collection items.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That’s why they stopped manufacturing maps seven years ago. You can’t find a new map, they’re all vintage collection items.
    The last physical map I saw was helping a fun little Hispanic girl and a monkey out of trouble.

The last physical map I saw was helping a fun little Hispanic girl and a monkey out of trouble.
    Tragic what happened to Boots but at least he didn’t go to waste.

I just saw a billboard in South Carolina that said Donald Trump received 120 million votes. Honestly they probably should have published that instead of just printing it on a billboard, because I think he would have won the election if they had.

See? I'm away from LTE for the morning hours and I return to this jewel of a statement. That's why I love this forum. You, sir, are a genius (for a mediocre white man, and I should know, I live in middle Tennessee which is the realm of mediocre white men).

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    More's the pity, to this wanna-be cartographer who has loved maps since being a kid (just following on the heady days of navigating by compass).

Look at this real estate agent’s listing sign in my neighborhood.

Look. At. It.

FD14506F-1918-470D-B30E-2962000EE017.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    See? I'm away from LTE for the morning hours and I return to this jewel of a statement. That's why I love this forum. You, sir, are a genius (for a mediocre white man, and I should know, I live in middle Tennessee which is the realm of mediocre white men).
    I couldn't get into Duke and went to UNC. I'm only average at being mediocre. Most people are way more mediocre than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    More's the pity, to this wanna-be cartographer who has loved maps since being a kid (just following on the heady days of navigating by compass).
    I still travel with a 20 year old road atlas in my car, and it gets me everywhere...they tend not to move major roads all that much.

Feeling argumentative so I went to the basketball side and dropped about 35 grenades in the Michigan Wisconsin thread. I feel pretty good.

Feeling argumentative so I went to the basketball side and dropped about 35 grenades in the Michigan Wisconsin thread. I feel pretty good.
    You deserve to be throat punched.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    You deserve to be throat punched.
    That absolutely killed me for some reason! Strong work Air Conditioning Devil!

That absolutely killed me for some reason! Strong work Air Conditioning Devil!
    It's alternative current devil. We've established this. C'mon, keep up.