Page 1017 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1751791796710071015101610171018101910271067111715172017 ... LastLast
Results 20,321 to 20,340 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I will have your scarf done by then too. When I finally finish it, it will be one of a kind. (I have started it and changed my mind and started over more times than I can count. I'm hoping 2018 will be the year. The kid going back on chemo never helps either, but, we are done with that!)
    I am impressed with your energy and persistence, and you should never feel pressure to do anything on my account, but that item will be deeply appreciated and frequently worn.
    There are some good people around these parts.

Alas - I cannot spork you. But I'd be down with that. If you wait until next September though, I'll have a guest room again!
    I have been to MA for 1/2 of a football game but no overnight stay. I was surprised at the number of states on my list of spending at least one night, and most were more than one night. I still need to go to AZ, CT, DE, MA, ME, MS, MT, NH, OR, UT, VA, VT, WA, & WV. It is possible tbat we stayed in VA when we visited DC on the way to Duke my sophomore year but I'm not sure.
    I can add 9 foreign countries. If the overnight stay requirement is removed, I can add an unexpected landing in Pakistan and a scheduled refueling in Iran.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I have been to MA for 1/2 of a football game but no overnight stay. I was surprised at the number of states on my list of spending at least one night, and most were more than one night. I still need to go to AZ, CT, DE, MA, ME, MS, MT, NH, OR, UT, VA, VT, WA, & WV. It is possible tbat we stayed in VA when we visited DC on the way to Duke my sophomore year but I'm not sure.
    I can add 9 foreign countries. If the overnight stay requirement is removed, I can add an unexpected landing in Pakistan and a scheduled refueling in Iran.
    You can make your own rules!

I'm going on a Christmas house tour today. I'm hoping to gather some inspiration for my own Christmas decorations. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I'm going on a Christmas house tour today. I'm hoping to gather some inspiration for my own Christmas decorations. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Only to note that one of my co-worker's fiance has put up 5 trees in the house, one general Christmas one and four specially themed ones. For the son in the family he asked for a Nightmare before Christmas themed tree. She hand painted ornaments for it.

Me on the other hand, I'll have a single tree about two feet high. The cats will knock some of the ornaments off.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Only to note that one of my co-worker's fiance has put up 5 trees in the house, one general Christmas one and four specially themed ones. For the son in the family he asked for a Nightmare before Christmas themed tree. She hand painted ornaments for it.

Me on the other hand, I'll have a single tree about two feet high. The cats will knock some of the ornaments off.
    Yes. We are forgoing a tree this year, in deference to our new puppy.

We've done two trees in my house for years - the big one and a "kids' tree", usually about 3 feet. We try to come up with a theme for the kids' tree but it's often no more complicated than only red and white ornaments. One time we did only candy themed ornaments. I do not hand paint any ornaments for the kids tree. The kids tree tradition will probably continue even though the youngest kid is now 13.

We've done two trees in my house for years - the big one and a "kids' tree", usually about 3 feet. We try to come up with a theme for the kids' tree but it's often no more complicated than only red and white ornaments. One time we did only candy themed ornaments. I do not hand paint any ornaments for the kids tree. The kids tree tradition will probably continue even though the youngest kid is now 13.
    When I was about 7 or 8 years old my mom got a set of nesting boxes for each of us kids and on Christmas morning there was a present from Santa in each box. My youngest sister is now 28 and married, her husband now has a set of boxes at the parents' house. They'll be filled again in a few weeks, mom will still insist the presents came from Santa, and we'll all play along. Keep the kids tree going, traditions are fun!

As long as my parents were alive, I believed in Santa - I got an extra present that way.

I put up two trees - one upstairs with a variety of ornaments although a number are Nativities and one downstairs that is Peanut themed. I had to grow that tree from a 3ft to a 6ft as the number of Peanuts characters multiplied.

I also put out multiple Nativity scenes. I had to set a requirement - I no longer buy a Nativity scene if I already have one from that country. I kept liking the ones from Peru. It keeps the spending at Ten Thousand Villages down.

As I was decorating our table top tree earlier today, the Cornhole Championship was on espn. What's up with that?

The Championship Of The Entire Universe, which includes bragging/braying rights and automatic beer delivery service provided by the losers, is permanently based at our beach house. What the heck is espn trying to pull here?!!!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Somebody - and I'm not going to say who - told me I was their hero today. So. I got that going for me! ;-)

Just in case they read this - and I'm not saying they will - thank you.

Did you ever know that you were their hero BD?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Did you ever know that you were their hero BD?
    Not until today!

Not until today!
    Must spread...

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    As I was decorating our table top tree earlier today, the Cornhole Championship was on espn. What's up with that?

The Championship Of The Entire Universe, which includes bragging/braying rights and automatic beer delivery service provided by the losers, is permanently based at our beach house. What the heck is espn trying to pull here?!!!
    How much do you pay a month for ESPN8? Cornhole is great but I don't think I'd watch The Ocho enough to justify they extra $$.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    How much do you pay a month for ESPN8? Cornhole is great but I don't think I'd watch The Ocho enough to justify they extra $$.
    I don't. It must have been a filler until the beginning of our game on espn2. Can't fathom watching cornhole as a tv sport. Strictly oceanfront, sand, beverages and verbal abuse in our family.

I always thought cornhole was a Midwestern thing, not a beach thing.

Only been to 23 (I think) states so far. 10 countries. My method the last few years has been to 2 big international trips for everyone 1 domestic.

Been fighting some sort of cold for the last week. The worst of it is over, but it's still hanging around

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Only been to 23 (I think) states so far. 10 countries. My method the last few years has been to 2 big international trips for everyone 1 domestic.

Been fighting some sort of cold for the last week. The worst of it is over, but it's still hanging around
    Around this neck of the woods, colds have been hanging around for quite a while. Not fun. Hope you are back to 100% soon.

I saw the inside of this today.
    20171203_134647.jpg
    And, yes, I sang the song in my head.